Richard Sherman Arrested

1,615 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dixichkn
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Free-agent cornerback Richard Sherman is facing several charges, including one on suspicion of burglary domestic violence, after he was arrested at his wife's parents' residence in Redmond,
Washington, early Wednesday.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31816786/richard-sherman-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-denied-bail
Quote:

"He's threatening to kill himself," Moss told the dispatcher. "He has sent text messages to people saying he's going to hang himself This is like a f--- emergency, I need officers here now."
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/richard-shermans-wife-disturbing-911-phone-call-threatening-kill-himself
CrottyKid
AG
It doesn't sound good in terms of mental health.
Saint Pablo
Definitely not. Sad deal.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Untreated bipolar is my highly uneducated prognosis

bluefire579
AG
CrottyKid said:

My thoughts as well. Hopefully he can get the help he needs
PooDoo
AG
Between Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman you have to wonder how much is CTE related. They've had more than their fair share of violent collisions.
W
AG
it's also fair to wonder...how much of a player's on-field persona can be turned off away from the field.

or how much of the on-field persona...is the real person.

somehow this incident is not overly surprising

redag06
CrottyKid said:

You mean to say, "Don't you ever talk about me" Richard Sherman might have mental issues, who'd have ever thought that.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am a die hard San Francisco 49ers fan, and I appreciated cornerback Richard Sherman' contributions to the 49ers from 2018 to 2020, including their 2019 Super Bowl run. However, he is definitely past his prime playing days, and it's unlikely that any NFL team will sign him until they get more information from the police about the arrest for burglary domestic violence. Hopefully Richard Sherman gets the the treatment he needs for his mental health.
Saint Pablo
Sounds like a future Cowboy to me.
jr15aggie
AG
It seems like the NFL teams are all fully aware. So many times these "good" players go unclaimed in free agency. Every once in a while the stories come out and we realize why nobody has signed them.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Jerry Jones about to pick up the phone
ShaggySLC
PooDoo said:

Between Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman you have to wonder how much is CTE related. They've had more than their fair share of violent collisions.
That wouldn't shock me either. Here's the 911 call. The operator seems pretty short with the wife. Is that normal procedure?

Saint Pablo
9-1-1 operate kinda sounded incredibly rude....like unnecessarily so.

"Trying to fight someone and being physical are two different things. HOW HAS IT BEEN PHYSICAL"

Very odd response.
aggiepaintrain
AG
he's donzo
FJB
MaxPower
Saint Pablo said:

"Trying to fight someone and being physical are two different things. HOW HAS IT BEEN PHYSICAL"

Very odd response.
They probably get 20 of these types of calls a day. Have to sift through a lot of garbage.
ShaggySLC
MaxPower said:

Saint Pablo said:

Very odd response.
They probably get 20 of these types of calls a day. Have to sift through a lot of garbage.
That's what I was thinking, but she seemed over the top.

Here's the Ring video. Sherman is probably done, talk about a bad night. Seeing the video makes me think CTE even more.

dixichkn
AG
And this guy was elected VP of the NFLPA executive committee. By his peers.

Telling.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.