Fantasy Football Off Season Thread

2,631 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GCP12
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone running any mocks yet? Anyone looking for fantasy football discussion? Now that the Mavs have been bounced, I am bored sports wise.
Iowaggie
AG
Nothing to add except this Ryan Fitzpatrick photo from his first day with the Redskins.

BenFiasco14
AG
I'll tell you this much, I'm not bothering with Saquon Barkley ever again.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Saint Pablo
Yeah I would much rather have Zeke or Jonathan Taylor or Cam Akers at that spot in the draft than Saq
W
AG
that was going to be my first comment --- who is going to take the Saquon cheese (again)
W
AG
Derrick Henry is the safest 1st round pick...especially in non-PPR.

looks like he's going at #3 in mocks (non-PPR)
toucan82
Football Team
W
AG
another thing I remember from last season...

Wilson and Murray started as title-winning QB's in the 1st half of the season...and then fell off cliffs in the 2nd half. Akin to the Grand Canyon for Wilson.

I see both are being drafted in the top 5 or top 6
_lefraud_
AG
Our league is doing something totally different this year, trying to figure out the details, but essentially:

16 owners - Each roster comprised of only two teams (Titans/Vikings)

or

8 owners - Each roster comprised of a division (AFC South)

Would like input on what the positions should look like with each scenario. Possibly more FLEX with the 16 owner option?
lunchbox
_lefraud_ said:

Our league is doing something totally different this year, trying to figure out the details, but essentially:

16 owners - Each roster comprised of only two teams (Titans/Vikings)

or

8 owners - Each roster comprised of a division (AFC South)

Would like input on what the positions should look like with each scenario. Possibly more FLEX with the 16 owner option?
IMO with something like that, make it closer to real life.

One QB and five FLEX...a NFL team can run 5 wide all game long if they want. Why prevent it in fantasy?

1 QB + 5 FLEX + 5 OL = 11

If you have more than 5 FLEX then you end up with a number greater than 12 and that's not allowed in real life.

ETA - the more I think about it, the more fun I think something like the 16 team scenario would be and the draft should really take no more than 1 hour.
Saint Pablo
Would anyone be interested in a TA dynasty league? I wanted to start one up with some buddies, but am having a hard time getting enough takers. I'd be happy to commission it on the Sleeper app. I would probably do a lighter buy in this year since I am starting law school in the fall and am about to be a poor boi for a while.
_lefraud_
AG
Thanks for the input. We were thinking along the same lines, as we had:

- QB
- RB
- WR
- FLEX x3

Would you even bother with Defense and/or Kicker? Other than getting together for the fun of it, would a draft even be necessary?
lunchbox
If the draft is going to be quick, you should just do it via zoom or email unless you just want to get together. If doing it through email, I would give each team several hours to make a pick and suspend the draft during the overnight hours.

Also, thinking about it more, you don't see a real team putting 5 RBs out there so something more realistic would be:

QB
RB
RB/WR
RB/WR (or just WR)
WR/TE
WR/TE

Kicker and DEF adds another element to picking the entire team. I would either keep the defense or use 2-3 IDPs (which would allow you to pick and choose a couple of guys from both teams you have).

Kicker could be dropped...
TheCougarHunter
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Would anyone be interested in a TA dynasty league? I wanted to start one up with some buddies, but am having a hard time getting enough takers. I'd be happy to commission it on the Sleeper app. I would probably do a lighter buy in this year since I am starting law school in the fall and am about to be a poor boi for a while.

I'm down
Mike Elko
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I'm down, too. (We briefly discussed it on this thread: https://texags.com/forums/23/topics/3199652/replies/59323462.)
Saint Pablo
AustinAg2012 said:

Saint Pablo said:

I'm down, too. (We briefly discussed it on this thread: https://texags.com/forums/23/topics/3199652/replies/59323462.)
Yes! I recall. Should I start a separate thread for TA dynasty league? 10 teams?
BlackGold
AG
Never done a legit dynasty league but I'm interested.
Saint Pablo
Going to start a new thread. Y'all go ahead and join, you will be the first three league members.
MooreTrucker
AG
W said:

Behind Mahomes and.......?
GCP12
AG
MooreTrucker said:

W said:

Behind Mahomes and.......?
It's been a long time since I've played non-PPR, but do QBs go that high in non-PPR?

I would assume he meant after McCaffery and Cook
GCP12
AG
Just made a trade in my dynasty league. Gave up Najee for DK. We have contracts om our guys, so not a dynasty league where you keep guys forever.

Najee is $15 this year and has 5 years on the deal including this coming season

DK is $5 and has 3 years on the deal including this coming season

Thoughts?
BenFiasco14
AG
$200 auction league budget. We created a separate league last year due to Covid so we're now back to the main one and can use up to 2 keepers from the 2019 season.

Kept Derrick Henry for $33 ($28+5) - got him low in 2019!

Kareem Hunt for $6 ($1 + $5). He was still banned in 2019 so I got him for a steal

So with only $39 spent I already have a solid RB1 and a possible flex. I have plenty of money to go big on another RB or try and reach one of the star WRs
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
chris1515
AG
I have the #3 pick. 12 team, non ppr.

I'm leaning heavily towards taking Travis Kelce.
I know it's "too early" but I've been so burned with taking stuff RBs in the top 5 with injuries.

If I thought Darren Waller would make it back to me at rd 2, I'd take him. But I really want an elite TE.

Am I crazy?
W
AG
with the #3 pick in a 12-team league...gotta go RB at that spot.

the owners that are picking at #8, #9, #10, etc.., get to toy with the idea of starting their draft with WR or TE.

if you don't take an RB at #3...then have to hope that Mixon or Gibson fall to #22 for your second pick.

there's a good chance Waller or Kittle are there at #22 maybe even #27
GCP12
AG
Are you in a league where TE get extra points? I seriously doubt Waller is gonna be gone in the second round in a standard league.

I'm not completely against Kelce at 3, but if you're basing it on Waller being gone in the 2nd round, that's misguided.

If TEs go that early and it's just a standard league, you should just stack RBs the first 3 rounds and take advantage of that kind of draft.
chris1515
AG
No extra points for TE.

I spent some time today crunching numbers and I don't think I can take Kelce that high.

Mahomes or Macaffery or Dalvin cook (my guesses for top 3), plus Waller or Kittle in Rd 2 is superior to Kelce and anyone else likely available to me at Rd 2.

My main concern is taking a RB that early and seeing them get injured. I assume Kelce has much lower injury risk.
GCP12
AG
Is it 2QB or 6pt TD pass? Mahomes in the top 3 overall seems way too high if it's 1QB and 4pt TD pass. Maybe I'm just underrating waller, but 2nd round still seems high in a non ppr imo.

If its 1QB and 4pt TD pass, I think you have to go Henry, kamara or chubb at 3 assuming cook and CMC go 1-2.
chris1515
AG
1qb, 6pts for a passing TD.

I kind of think Mahomes will go 1 or 2. Not saying it makes sense, just that it might happen that way.

To me, the drop in points from TE 1-3 down to 4 and especially lower is so big, that it's hard to make those incremental points up somewhere else.
GCP12
AG
6pt passing TD makes a little more sense.

I still think that's too high to go Kelce, but I understand the thought.

Having said that, if Cook or CMC fall to you at 3, I think you'd be crazy to pass on them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.