Dynasty FFL

1,678 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by lunchbox
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those who have already had their dynasty rookie draft, do you mind posting the results? Mine starts next Sunday and I'd like to see what happened in real life versus a mock...

I'm picking 10th out of 14 and expect to pick from Michael Carter, Waddle, Marshall and whichever QBs haven't been picked. I'm hoping Sermon somehow falls to me but I doubt he will.

This thread can also be used to display rankings...this is kind of where I am at right now...

Najee Harris, RB PIT
Ja'Marr Chase, WR CIN
Kyle Pitts, TE ATL
Travis Etienne, RB JAX
Javonte Williams, RB DEN
DeVonta Smith, WR PHI
Trevor Lawrence, QB JAX
Trey Sermon, RB SF
Terrace Marshall, WR CAR
Jaylen Waddle, WR MIA
Rashod Bateman, WR BAL
Kadarius Toney, WR NYG
Justin Fields, QB CHI
Trey Lance, QB SF
Zach Wilson, QB NYJ
Michael Carter, RB NYJ
Dyami Brown, WR WAS
Elijah Moore, WR NYJ
Nico Collins, WR HOU
Amari Rodgers, WR GB
Pat Freiermuth, TE PIT
Chuba Hubbard, RB CAR
Rondale Moore, WR ARI
Rhamondre Stevenson, RB NE
D'Wayne Eskridge, WR SEA
Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR DET
Tylan Wallace, WR BAL
Anthony Schwartz, WR CLE
Chris Evans, RB CIN
Larry Rountree, RB LAC

GCP12
AG
The league I am in is 10 team, 2 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2Flex, 1 TE. Our dynasty is a little different, though. You can only sign players to 5 years max and we have an auction draft every year for the free agents. Also, this league is me and one other Aggie and the rest went to LSU. So, Marshall's value might be a little inflated in our draft

Rookie draft is 2 rounds with a pay scale dependent draft order. This is how ours went:

Round 1

Najee Harris
Ja'mar Chase
Kyle Pitts
Trevor Lawerence
Travis Etienne
Devonta Smith
Jaylen Waddle
Javonte Williams
Terrace Marshall
Michael Carter

Round 2

Trey Lance
Trey Sermon
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson
Elijah Moore
Rhamondre Stevenson
Mac Jones
Rashod Bateman
Kadarius Toney
Rondale Moore
Saint Pablo
I want to get a dynasty league up and running this next season. What platform do y'all use?
GCP12
AG
We just use ESPN, so it takes a little work in excel to keep up with some stuff outside of ESPN, but it is easy enough to change the player values within ESPN.

We do the rookie draft outside of ESPN, as well.

I have heard Sleeper is pretty dynasty friendly, but I haven't used it.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Sleeper. It's incredible for dynasty and I've persuaded pretty much all of my re-draft leagues to migrate there as well.
lunchbox
GCP12 said:

Round 1

Najee Harris
Ja'mar Chase
Kyle Pitts
Trevor Lawerence
Travis Etienne
Devonta Smith
Jaylen Waddle
Javonte Williams
Terrace Marshall
Michael Carter

Round 2

Trey Lance
Trey Sermon
Justin Fields

Thanks - the 4 I bolded above are the ones I think I'll have the best chance of having available to me.

My RBs are my weakest group so I'm hoping to get Sermon or Carter. If both are gone, I'll take the best QB available...

Our league is 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 DEF, 1 PK and the starting lineup has to equal 10

We have a 4-round draft and current vets on FA are available but usually go late in the draft. Waivers after the draft and the roster cutdown right before the season starts.

And we use myfantasyleague.com
GCP12
AG
I like the upside of both Sermon and Carter a lot. Especially in the SF offense and the Jets offense that should resemble SF. This is most likely Mostert's last year in SF. Carter could easily be the day 1 starter this year.

I personally like Lance as the best QB other than Trevor just because of the Shanahan factor and obviously his running ability.
lunchbox
GCP12 said:

I like the upside of both Sermon and Carter a lot. Especially in the SF offense and the Jets offense that should resemble SF. This is most likely Mostert's last year in SF. Carter could easily be the day 1 starter this year.

I personally like Lance as the best QB other than Trevor just because of the Shanahan factor and obviously his running ability.
Agreed on all accounts. Glad to know I'm not making stuff up!
Saint Pablo
Detective Jake Peralta said:

Sleeper. It's incredible for dynasty and I've persuaded pretty much all of my re-draft leagues to migrate there as well.
I have heard sleeper is the best for dynasty. I did it in a re-draft league last year and thought the layout and look was putrid compared to ESPN.
GCP12
AG
With all that on top of where a lot of the tier 2 WRs landed, I think the RBs are more worth the risk from this year's draft once you get into the late 1st/early 2nd of rookie drafts. I traded up for the first pick in our draft prior to the NFL draft and was happy I did with how the NFL draft played out. WRs like Bateman, Elijah Moore, Toney, etc just landed in horrible spots imo.
lunchbox
Agreed again - I see better fits (or risks) for the 3rd/4th tier WRs than the 2nds.

Right now, I have St. Brown for DET at that line and there are quite a few below him that seem to be in a better situation. If I can get 2 RBs or a RB and a QB in the first 2 rounds, I'd be fine taking 2 WRs in rounds 3 and 4.
GCP12
AG
I like that a lot. Good luck!
Mike Elko
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I want to get a dynasty league up and running this next season. What platform do y'all use?

I'm interested if you're recruiting.
Saint Pablo
AustinAg2012 said:

Saint Pablo said:

I'm interested if you're recruiting.
I'd be happy to have you. Trying to put together an engaged league that will be bought in for the future...probably going to have a cheap buy in since it is new and I am about to be in law school.
lunchbox
Just circling back to post some results from my draft (which has been going for almost 48 hours and is still in Rd 2)

We don't do a snake draft. I drafted Sermon in the 1st and then made a trade to pick Carter in the 2nd.

I traded 2.10, my 2nd next year and flipped 3rd rounders this year (3.10 and 3.13) for 2.02. I know things will change but next year's draft looks to be light on skill players and heavy on defense and OL. I should also be able to recoup the 2nd rounder next year via trade during the season if an owner really needs someone I can afford to lose.

1.01 Harris, Najee PIT RB (R)
1.02 Williams, Javonte DEN RB (R)
1.03 Etienne, Travis JAC RB (R)
1.04 Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB (R)
1.05 Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR (R)
1.06 Pitts, Kyle ATL TE (R)
1.07 Lance, Trey SFO QB (R)
1.08 Smith, DeVonta PHI WR (R)
1.09 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR (R)
1.10 Sermon, Trey SFO RB (R)
1.11 Fields, Justin CHI QB (R)
1.12 Moore, Elijah NYJ WR (R)
1.13 Wilson, Zach NYJ QB (R)
1.14 Moore, Rondale ARI WR (R)

2.01 Toney, Kadarius NYG WR (R)
2.02 Carter, Michael NYJ RB (R)
2.03 St. Brown, Amon-Ra DET WR (R)
2.04 Bateman, Rashod BAL WR (R)
2.05 Marshall, Terrace CAR WR (R)
2.06 Jones, Mac NEP QB (R)
2.07 Brown, Dyami WAS WR (R)
2.08 Gainwell, Kenneth PHI RB (R)
2.09 Hubbard, Chuba CAR RB (R)
2.10 Stevenson, Rhamondre NEP RB (R)

Still have 3.13 and 4.10 that will probably be picked tomorrow and Thursday. Might take a flyer on Brevin Jordan...
Saint Pablo
What is some advice someone starting a dynasty league needs?

Is a taxi squad recommended?

Superflex?

Multiple flex slots?
ac04
javonte williams 2nd and trevor lawrence 4th huh? yikes
lunchbox
ac04 said:

javonte williams 2nd and trevor lawrence 4th huh? yikes
I thought the same but both those teams picked for need instead of BPA. To each his own...
GCP12
AG
I like Javonte, but I think you have to go Etienne over him if you're drafting a RB. I refuse to believe Urban Meyer is dumb enough to draft a RB in the first round and use him as a "3rd down back"
lunchbox
Agreed. Sitting at 10, though, there were 7 guys I knew for sure would be gone (Williams being one of them)...I didn't really care which order it happened.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.