2021 NFL Mock Draft

1,311 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Broncos
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flame away! Here are my random dart throws for this evening!

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawerence, QB (Clemson) | Trevor Lawerence
We've known this one for years now it seems.

2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson, QB (BYU) | Zach Wilson
The draft doesn't start until pick 3.

3. San Francisco 49ers - Mac Jones, QB (Alabama) | Trey Lance
It comes down to Mac Jones or Trey Lance. My gut says Jones and Shanahan will get the final say.

4. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Pitts, WR (Florida) | Kyle Pitts
They could also go Trey Lance here. The recent rumors of trading Julio to clear cap space make Pitts an easy replacement for Matt Ryan to target. Who knows, Atlanta needs a lot so a trade down wouldn't be surprising either.

5. Cincinnati Bengals - Penei Sewell, OL (Oregon) | Ja'marr Chase
Ultimately they take Sewell to protect Joe Burrow. Although, Ja'marr Chase is tempting.

6. Miami Dolphins - Jaylen Waddle, WR (Alabama) | Jaylen Waddle
Tua gets his guy.

7. Detroit Lions - Ja'marr Chase, WR (LSU) | Penei Sewell
Elite WR somehow falls to Detroit who needs a WR.

8. Carolina Panthers - Rashawn Slater, OL (Northwestern) | Jaycee Horn
They could go QB or CB here also.

9. Denver Broncos - Justin Fields, QB (Ohio State) | Patrick Surtain II
Another team that could go in many directions. Obviously, Teddy Bridgewater isn't the long-term answer and nobody is sure where George Patton stands on Drew Lock. Taking Fields here would allow him to sit a year and learn from Bridgewater/Lock so he isn't immediately thrown to the wolves. I could easily see Denver trading down. I could also see them taking Jaycee Horn, Micah Parsons, or Rashawn Slater here if he falls past Carolina.

10. Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Surtain II, CB (Alabama) | TRADE: Eagles -- DeVonta Smith
It's a toss-up between Surtain and Jaycee Horn here. Who really knows though, if one of the big 3 WR or Pitts falls to Dallas they may add another playmaker.

11. (TRADE) New England Patriots - Trey Lance, QB (North Dakota State) | TRADE: Bears -- Justin Fields
The New York Giants need WR and edge rushers but they instead trade down to gain picks. They miss on the top WR trio and it's a little early for any of the edge rushers in this class. As Lance slides, the Patriots swipe in for the opportunity to take the future of their franchise.

12. Philadelphia Eagles - Micah Parsons, LB (Penn State) | TRADE: Cowboys -- Micah Parsons
They miss out on a top WR but they're able to add a legitimate LB, which they don't have.

13. Los Angeles Chargers - Christian Darrisaw, OL (Virginia Tech) | Rashawn Slater
They need to keep Justin Herbert on his feet. They could go with the California boy from USC but Darrisaw is a more natural tackle.

14. Minnesota Vikings - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL (USC) | TRADE: Jets -- Alijah Vera-Tucker
Vikings get a plug-and-play offensive lineman. They could also go with Jaycee Horn here.

15. (TRADE) New York Giants - Jaelan Phillips, EDGE (Miami) | Patriots: Mac Jones
Phillips fills a hole they have on the edge.

16. Arizona Cardinals - Jaycee Horn, CB (South Carolina) | Zaven Collins
The pieces fall perfect for Arizona. They're able to grab arguably the top CB in the draft to replace Patrick Peterson.

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Teven Jenkins, OL (Oklahoma State) | Alex Leatherwood
Derek Carr needs help if their offense is going to succeed. In true Raider fashion, I could see them reaching for a WR or taking Kellen Mond, Kyle Trask, or David Mills if they think they want to move on from Carr.

18. Miami Dolphins - Najee Harris, RB (Alabama) | Jaelan Phillips
Miami goes all-in on Alabama offense.

19. Washington Football Team - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB (Notre Dame) | Jamin Davis
Ron Rivera likes linebackers, Owusu-Koramoah is a linebacker.

20. Chicago Bears - Caleb Farley, CB (Virginia Tech) | TRADE: Giants -- Kadarius Toney
Chicago is another team that could reach for a QB. Hopefully, they don't think Andy Dalton and Nick Foles are the future. Cornerback and offensive line are other positions of need.

21. Indianapolis Colts - Kwity Paye, EDGE (Michigan) | Kwity Paye
An upgrade on the edge.

22. Tennessee Titans - Devonte Smith WR (Alabama) | Caleb Farley
Tennessee lost a few impact weapons on offense. Smith falls to a team that could greatly benefit. There's always one "top" player that plummets. My gut says it's Smith.

23. New York Jets - Travis Ettiene, RB (Clemson) | TRADE: Vikings -- Christian Darrisaw
They give their new franchise QB a safety net in the backfield.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Alex Leatherwood, OL (Alabama) | Najee Harris
They'll try to get RB to replace James Connor but in the end, they keep Ben Roethlisberger on his feet for one last run. They could also go CB here.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars - Creed Humphrey, OL (Oklahoma) | Travis Etienne
They'll add young offensive line experience to grow with Trevor Lawerence.

26. Cleveland Browns - Zaven Collins, LB (Tulsa) | Greg Newsome III
Cleveland could easily go with Christian Barmore here. I think they take someone to play the midfield defense.

27. Baltimore Ravens - Trevon Moehrig, S (TCU) | Rashod Bateman
They could grab an offensive lineman here but I don't think they pass on Moehrig to shore up the back-end of their defense.

28. New Orleans Saints - Christian Barmore, DL (Alabama) | Payton Turner
The Saints could grab a cornerback here also.

29. Green Bay Packers - Elijah Moore, WR (Ole Miss) | Eric Stokes
The Pack finally gives Aaron Rodgers a first-round weapon.

30. Buffalo Bills - Asante Samuel Jr, CB (Florida State) | Gregory Rousseau
Buffalo doesn't really have too many holes. Adding defensive back depth or a RB is probably a priority.

31. (TRADE) Chicago Bears - Kellen Mond, QB (Texas A&M) | Ravens: Jason Oweh
The Bears NEED a QB. The Ravens continue stockpiling draft picks.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kelvin Joseph, CB (Kentucky) | Joe Tryon
Add another CB in the first round. The Bucs may get fancy and grab a playmaker for Tom Brady but the weakest link for them is CB.
Panama Red
AG
No Ja'marr Chase in first round, but including Kellen Mond, is quite the hot take Mr. Bayless.
Broncos
Panama Red said:

No Ja'marr Chase in first round, but including Kellen Mond, is quite the hot take Mr. Bayless.
Dang. I have failed. I'll edit that. It's hard keeping track of these guys.
Broncos
Panama Red said:

Kellen Mond, is quite the hot take Mr. Bayless.
It's not fun unless you throw out something crazy.
IrishAg
Quote:

The New York Giants need WR and edge rushers. They miss on the top WR trio and it's a little early for any of the edge rushers in this class. As Lance slides the Patriots swipe in for the opportunity to take the future of their franchise.
You have that under the trade with New England, but then you have Devante Smith going to the Titans at pick 22 which is after the Giant's new pick?

Other than that, pretty good, I also don't think Waddle goes before Chase, but overall good mock
Broncos
Thanks!

Yea, I was attempting to explain that the Giants needed help at EDGE and WR but instead trade down. After my stupid error in leaving Chase off, I had to find a spot for Smith. I opted for the Giants to take an EDGE guy rather than WR. If Smith is still there (in the hypothetical trade) they'd probably take Smith over Jaelan Phillips as I have mocked.

I did this fairly quickly this AM so there are probably some more errors. In reality, I just wanted to see how my thought process would compare to the madness that will actually happen!
bilbobag
Saints are going to mess up this mock draft
The Vonster
AG
I hope you are right my man, I would love for us to land Fields!!!
Broncos
bilbobag said:

The eye emoji they tweeted this morning adds some mystery to their plans.
Broncos
The Vonster said:

I hope you are right my man, I would love for us to land Fields!!!
Agree. I think there are a few other players I'd like to land but I like the Fields upside. Who knows, if we do land Fields they may have it set up to trade Lock for a 4th-6th rounder.
The Vonster
AG
After all the OL problems the past 5 years, I would not blame the front office if we went OT in Slater/Sewell/Darrisaw etc either at 9 or trade down. Im a little skeptical of Parsons bc of his off the field stuff, but man oh man he would basically solidify us as the best defense in the AFC if not the whole league IMO.

But agreed, give me fields who gives us a legitimate shot at getting out of QB purgatory!!
Broncos
I wouldn't be opposed to one of the top tackles either. James isn't doing us any favors. I also agree on the love/hate with Parsons. I would love to see him in a Fangio defense. If we were to take Surtain or Horn I wouldn't be mad either, depending on who we passed on to take them.

I'd only be happy moving down if Patton works the other team involved and lands a ton of extra picks while remaining in the top 20.
IrishAg
bilbobag said:

You think they're trading up for a QB?
IrishAg
Broncos said:

Thanks!

Yea, I was attempting to explain that the Giants needed help at EDGE and WR but instead trade down. After my stupid error in leaving Chase off, I had to find a spot for Smith. I opted for the Giants to take an EDGE guy rather than WR. If Smith is still there (in the hypothetical trade) they'd probably take Smith over Jaelan Phillips as I have mocked.

I did this fairly quickly this AM so there are probably some more errors. In reality, I just wanted to see how my thought process would compare to the madness that will actually happen!
Hey, no one can blame you about Chase, I mean he did take a year off!
investorAg83
AG
Guessing 2 teams will trade to get in the top 10. Maybe Eagles and Pats?
Broncos
So, the recent Aaron Rodgers news could totally change this....
Broncos
Edit today has the actual pick to the side in italics.

Overall, I didn't do too bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.