So Brees, Brady and Rodgers all go to heaven...

2,615 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Carlo4
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, God asks Brees: What have you done to go to heaven?

Brees answers the he's been a faithful servant of the Lord and he played on a team called The Saints.

God says: Come and sit on my right side.

Then God asks Rodgers, What have you done to go to heaven?

Rodger answers that he is the Lords servant and has treated all men with respect.

God says: Come sit on my left side.

Finally God asks Brady, What have you done to get to heaven?

And Brady replies: Hey, you're in my seat!

Kashchei
AG
Assuming God lets dbags like Rodgers into Heaven...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rodgers hates his own brother apparently
bodaciousbood14
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I mean...I hate his brother too. Can we blame him?
W
AG
you know it is kind of hard to believe that Rodgers and Brees have only played in 1 Super Bowl...while spending almost of all of their careers in the NFC.

i.e. they did not have to compete against Peyton or Brady in the postseason (until this year).

however since they won their Super Bowl they have done better than Dan Marino...and of course better than the likes of Warren Moon and Dan Fouts as well -- that never reached the Super Bowl.

but the single appearance is a significant negative on their resume when compared to the all-time greats...Brady, Peyton, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, et al

W
AG
come to think of it...one of their peers...Big Ben

made it to 3 Super Bowls in the AFC during Brady's and Peyton's best years
Southlake
Didn't Rodgers brother catch the game winning two point conversion in that long game with LSU a few years ago?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
W said:

you know it is kind of hard to believe that Rodgers and Brees have only played in 1 Super Bowl...while spending almost of all of their careers in the NFC.

i.e. they did not have to compete against Peyton or Brady in the postseason (until this year).

however since they won their Super Bowl they have done better than Dan Marino...and of course better than the likes of Warren Moon and Dan Fouts as well -- that never reached the Super Bowl.

but the single appearance is a significant negative on their resume when compared to the all-time greats...Brady, Peyton, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, et al

Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees have played in just one Super Bowl each partly because there is more parity in the NFC than in the AFC. Before Tom Brady joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this past offseason, 12 different NFC teams made at least one super Bowl appearance. 6 of those 12 NFC teams made two or more Super Bowl appearances in that span. 6 other teams had one super bowl appearance each: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2002), Chicago Bears (2006), Arizona Cardinals (2008), New Orleans Saints (2009), Green Bay Packers (2010), and Atlanta Falcons (2016).

Los Angeles Rams (2001 and 2018)
Carolina Panthers (2003 and 2015)
Philadelphia Eagles (2004 and 2017)
Seattle Seahawks (2005, 2013, and 2014)
New York Giants (2007 and 2011)
San Francisco 49ers (2012 and 2019)

Kurt Warner (2001 and 2008), Eli Manning (2007 and 2011), and Russell Wilson (2013 and 2014) were the only NFC quarterbacks to start in multiple Super Bowls between 2001 and 2019.

By contrast, the Patriots (9 appearances), Steelers (3 appearances), Colts (2 appearances), and Broncos (2 appearances) represented the AFC a combined 16 of 18 Super Bowls from 2001 to 2018. Either Tom Brady (9 times), Peyton Manning (4 times), or Ben Roethlisberger (3 times) was the starting quarterback for the AFC Champion in those 16 Super Bowls. The only exceptions occurred when Rich Gannon led the Oakland Raiders to the Super Bowl in 2002 (48-21 Super Bowl loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers), and Joe Flacco led the Baltimore Ravens to the Super Bowl in 2012 (34-31 win over the San Francisco 49ers).

Of course, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees had their opportunities for additional Super Bowl appearances. Aaron Rodgers is 1-4 in NFC Championship games. Since a 31-25 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV on 2/6/11, the Packers have lost 4 consecutive NFC Championship games (2014, 2016, 2019, and 2020). The first 3 losses were on the road, but the last loss was at home.

From 2017 to 2020, the New Orleans Saints won the most regular season games in the entire NFL (49), one more than the two-time AFC Champion Kansas City Chiefs (48). That blistering 49-15 regular season record led to a measly 3-4 playoffs record (3-3 in home playoff games), and the Saints have only one NFC Championship Game appearance to show for it. With a 30-20 loss to the Buccaneers in the divisional round, the Saints lost on their home field in the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year: a 26-20 overtime loss to the Minnesota Vikings in a 2019 wild card game and a 26-23 overtime loss to the Los Angeles Rams in the 2018 NFC Championship Game.
wessimo
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Luke 14:26

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters yes, even their own life such a person cannot be my disciple."
Max Power
AG
Southlake said:

Didn't Rodgers brother catch the game winning two point conversion in that long game with LSU a few years ago?

Rodgers younger brother played QB at Vanderbilt, not sure if there are more of them. Not sure what the deal is but I believe Aaron has alienated himself from the rest of his family. I don't think they talk anymore. Oddly enough Brees had that big falling out with his Mom as well. By all accounts Brady and his family get along just fine.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
There's no D in Kenrick Rogers last name like there was
No d that could stop him that night.
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

Before Tom Brady joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this past offseason, 12 different NFC teams made at least one super Bowl appearance. 6 of those 12 NFC teams made two or more Super Bowl appearances in that span. 6 other teams had one super bowl appearance each: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2002), Chicago Bears (2006), Arizona Cardinals (2008), New Orleans Saints (2009), Green Bay Packers (2010), and Atlanta Falcons (2016).

Los Angeles Rams (2001 and 2018)
Carolina Panthers (2003 and 2015)
Philadelphia Eagles (2004 and 2017)
Seattle Seahawks (2005, 2013, and 2014)
New York Giants (2007 and 2011)
San Francisco 49ers (2012 and 2019)

Jerry and Stephen should be embarrassed to show their faces anywhere in North Texas. Not one championship game appearance, much less a Super Bowl, this century.
Artimus Gordon
Nothing since 1995? Going on 26 years now?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Aaron Rodgers just confused me even more today.

The brother who has won a Super Bowl goes with this.

The brother who was on the Bachelor and the SEC network gets this.

Carlo4
AG
Olivia Munn was Rodgers last main lady for years. She is the one that convinced Aaron to all but abandon his family. He has since made amends since then.

Lord knows how great she was in the sack for him to do that.... Meghan Markle is next on that list.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.