Drew Pearson FINALLY to the Hall

2,735 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBQ
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bout Damn time!!
Rex Racer
AG
So happy for he and Cliff Harris! Both were long overdue!
hph6203
AG
Slmnsam
Thank you, Charean Williams! Your pitch helped make something that should have happened a long time ago a reality!
BMX Bandit
TyHolden
AG
hph6203 said:

Best ever. Suck it Philly.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Quote:

"I wanna thank the Eagles fans for allowing me to have a career in the NFL"
PooDoo
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
That is awesome.
Southlake
Cliff Harris and no Charlie Waters?

And, I'm not sure I could have handled seeing Drew have another meltdown.
jteagle
AG
Yep that's awesome!
Rex Racer
AG
Southlake said:

Cliff Harris and no Charlie Waters?

And, I'm not sure I could have handled seeing Drew have another meltdown.

Waters should probably be there, too, but Harris was awesome in his prime.
jteagle
AG
Those 70s teams were my favorite because I grew up with them. My first memory is the 1971 season which ended with that first Super Bowl win. Those teams and players have never really gotten the respect that they deserve because they are overshadowed by the Steelers and Dolphins but quite a few of them are in the HOF now as they should be but it has taken a while.

JCA1
AG
Really happy for Drew. He's a great guy.
kb2001
AG
Good for him, well deserved. I've never understood why those Cowboys teams from the 70s seemed to be blackballed by the HOF. I know the Steelers overshadowed most in the league, but if only players from great teams made the HOF it would defeat the purpose of having it.
mts6175
AG
Awesome that he's finally in! Bunch of BS that it wasn't sooner.
jr15aggie
AG
I still remember "meeting" the guy back in 1990 at the training camp in Austin. I was very young and this was pre-super bowls so they weren't very crowded. I got autographs from guys that would stop after practice. Moose & Emmitt to name a few... Bill Bates was my hero though and his autograph was the highlight of my summer.

Towards the end some of the folks started calling out for "Mr. Pearson". I had no idea who he was at the time but I got his autograph anyway and my dad filled me in later. He was extremely nice and signed a sheet for everybody that was there.

BTW, the other 88 was too cool for that as he had a trainer driving him to and from the field in a golf cart. He gave a friendly wave though... none of us we cared, he was still a stud even as they drove past.
birdman
Long overdue.

Charlie Waters was good player, not special. He has zero chance of being in Hall of Fame.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Had a coach in high school who said he got nailed by Cliff once during the annual Battle of the Ravine (Ouachita Baptist University vs. Henderson State University), and said it was the hardest he'd ever been hit on the field, which is true to Harris' reputation.
91AggieLawyer
AG
kb2001 said:

Good for him, well deserved. I've never understood why those Cowboys teams from the 70s seemed to be blackballed by the HOF. I know the Steelers overshadowed most in the league, but if only players from great teams made the HOF it would defeat the purpose of having it.

It isn't just that the Cowboys teams with players like Waters, Chuck Howley, Lee Roy Jordan, Harvey Martin, and others who are overlooked. The Vikings, who never won anything during that decade, have too many players of that era in the Hall relative to the Cowboys. Hell, both the Rams and the Cardinals have 3, and the Cardinals were in like one freakin' playoff game during that time! Like the Vikings, the Rams didn't win a SB and only played in one. At least the Vikings got to multiple ones.

The Cowboys dominated the NFC, especially on defense. The reason more of them are not in the Hall is political -- the writers felt that they can't put "too many" Cowboys in as they are "America's Team" and it will stink to high heaven. Forget about who deserves it. I'd rather they leave out guys like Aikman who really doesn't deserve it and put some in that I mentioned above.
BBQ
AG
Until the age of around 18, I ate, drank and slept everything Cowboys. I had all the apparel from head to to toe. In my college years, I was in a "locked up" situation in which I had 24 hours of burning time and created ways to mentally get through it. I started at the 0 thru 99 and would name a cowboy that would wear that number... I was successful for all #'s with the exception of about 3 or 4. I then started naming the college they played at and was successful for about 85% then the high school they played at and I was good for about 45% ... I would of considered myself a fanatic... presently... I might be able to name a max of 4 players on any nfl team. I lost complete interest when Jerry Jones stabbed Tom Landry in the back and the final nail was when Houston lost the Oilers

BTW, I am very happy for Drew Pearson. I was present at the game in which he injured his knee found the "windmill " after a touchdown in celebration
Farmari Bojuji
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.