*****OFFICIAL Fire Mike McCarthy Thread*****

1,877 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by evan_aggie
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might as well get this started heading into the off season. Guys complete trash. Ass, my dude. Way to go front office!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Raiderjay
I'm in.......
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
TheCougarHunter
AG
In but won't happen.
Daveintx
Until the gm is replaced nothing will change.
boy09
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Might as well get this started heading into the off season. Guys complete trash. Ass, my dude. Way to go front office!

Most people knew this way before the packers fired him.
DTP02
AG
It's a tough, tough situation for a new coach to be in given all the CoVID restrictions and the Dak injury, but it really doesn't seem like he brought much to the table. I'd lean toward cutting ties rather than giving him another year to show he's as bad as he looked this year.

He's shown that he isn't a good game manager and he doesn't seem to be much of a motivator, so it's hard to point to anything he has shown that he does well enough to make we want to see what he can do with a full training camp.
mike_ags_fan12
1) Dude is overrated. Rodgers made him relevant. He's not an NFL Coach

2) How the fu k do you not challenge that pass drop?!?!
Agristotle
AG
Jerry rarely pays people not to coach. Dak, 2020, blah blah.....
jefe95
TyHolden
AG
Bill O'Brien
Olsen
AG
I thought this was a great hire at first and now I've regretted it.
Wisconsin_Ag
McCarthy is a Buffoon. Green Bay should have fired him 4 years earlier.
ApachePilot
AG
Honestly I didn't understand this hire. My gut tells me not many coaches want to deal with jerry.
Carlo4
AG
Him not challenging the pass in the 4th quarter is just an abomination. When you're down 1 with 10 min left, you challenge a questionable call that takes the team out of field goal range. Trading your FIRST time out for points is a no brainer.

The Cowboys always make life harder for themselves, and that is why he needs to leave tomorrow.

PatAg
AG
DTP02 said:

It's a tough, tough situation for a new coach to be in given all the CoVID restrictions and the Dak injury, but it really doesn't seem like he brought much to the table. I'd lean toward cutting ties rather than giving him another year to show he's as bad as he looked this year.

He's shown that he isn't a good game manager and he doesn't seem to be much of a motivator, so it's hard to point to anything he has shown that he does well enough to make we want to see what he can do with a full training camp.
Dak injury plus entire offensive line
PatAg
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Rodgers has a lot of other super bowl wins without him, good call
EllisCoAg
AG
I think he will be on the hot seat for sure, bid decision is keep/fire the DC and who the OC will be.
exitone
AG
DTP02 said:

Well said.
TyHolden
AG
Just get Lincoln Riley. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Sooner Born
ApachePilot said:

Honestly I didn't understand this hire. My gut tells me not many coaches want to deal with jerry.
I agree. And firing a coach after one season only exacerbates that stigma...especially given the circumstances of this season.
gougler08
AG
PatAg said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

Rodgers has a lot of other super bowl wins without him, good call
Well he is 26-6 in 2 seasons without him...so while no other super bowls they do seem to have improved markedly after firing McCarthy
Boiling Denim
Strike 1 was hiring Mike Nolan
Strike 2 was selling a false bill of goods with MUH ANALYTICS which is clearly BS
Strike 3 was the terrible in-game coaching decisions throughout the year with the missed challenge as the cherry on top

We were warned. Low Football IQ
98Ag99Grad
AG
Questionable decisions all the way back to the Rams game. My fear is the next coach is already on staff and his name is Kellen Moore.

Saint Pablo
How many years will this fat slob be the head coach? What should the O/U be set at? 3? 4?
ramblin_ag02
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Questionable decisions all the way back to the Rams game. My fear is the next coach is already on staff and his name is Kellen Moore.

Is there any doubt at this point? As far as I'm concerned there is only one reason Moore turns down the Boise St gig, and that's Jerry promising him a head coaching job down the line
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MooreTrucker
AG
Too soon. For many reasons.
evan_aggie
AG
Daveintx said:

Until the gm is replaced nothing will change.

Going to be basically a Texans or Raiders team. Even worse, the most valued and under performing franchise since Jerry made the decisions... almost 30 years.... let that sink in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.