ESPN Leagues -Taysom Hill TE

3,990 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Gramercy Riffs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NASAg03 said:

Hill looking good this game! Saints might lose another backup.

Hill got a two-year extension and nobody would care if they "lost" Winston.
mike_ags_fan12
I worry about Alvin Goal line carries from here on out
MookieBlaylock
AG
Can't wait to hear cowherd and Patrick walk back their terrible takes on Hill
Saint Pablo
With Taysom Hill's designation likely changing this week, I wonder if ESPN is going to force him out of lineups or leave him there the way they leave guys in the IR after their designations have been changed. If they don't force him out of my lineup, I am leaving him there lol
BowSowy
AG
I have zero doubt they'll force him out of your lineup. From what I can tell, they have been catching heat for being the only platform that kept him TE eligible this weekend.
ORAggieFan
He really shouldn't have been TE ever. Previous seasons he was listed by NO as WR. I get not having him as QB before this week. I'd probably go the route if others for the week but get what espn did. But, he's never been listed as a TE and doesn't line up there.
Saint Pablo
ORAggieFan said:

He really shouldn't have been TE ever. Previous seasons he was listed by NO as WR. I get not having him as QB before this week. I'd probably go the route if others for the week but get what espn did. But, he's never been listed as a TE and doesn't line up there.
Agree 100%
Saint Pablo
He wasn't forced out of lineups. You can't make any lineup changes until he is moved, but they aren't forcing him out.
Sex Panther
AG
Just want to confirm... He is in my lineup at TE from last week, and I don't need to make changes this week. Will I get points for him at TE if I leave him in?

I have to win out to make playoffs, so I don't GAF. I'm fully prepared to start a ****storm in my league.
Saint Pablo
Sex Panther said:

Just want to confirm... He is in my lineup at TE from last week, and I don't need to make changes this week. Will I get points for him at TE if I leave him in?

I have to win out to make playoffs, so I don't GAF. I'm fully prepared to start a ****storm in my league.
I believe so, unless your league has some sort of rules set in place or the LM manually removes him from that spot. I also have to win out to make the playoffs and am debating leaving him in.
mAgnoliAg
AG
So this means I can't move anybody else out? I'm scared to touch anything right now
Saint Pablo
mAgnoliAg said:

So this means I can't move anybody else out? I'm scared to touch anything right now
It will not allow you to move anyone else unless you remove Hill.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If you or your league have any integrity, move him out.
Ornithopter
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I will be sacrificing my integrity and leaving him in the TE slot.
boy09
AG
Is Hill worth dropping now that he's just a QB? He had a decent week last week points-wise, but that's mostly due to 2 rushing TD's.

I lost Drew Brees and Joe Burrow. Just picked up Teddy, but need to make some more roster moves. Is Hill just taking up space, or do you think it's worth keeping him in my situation?
Saint Pablo
boy09 said:

Is Hill worth dropping now that he's just a QB? He had a decent week last week points-wise, but that's mostly due to 2 rushing TD's.

I lost Drew Brees and Joe Burrow. Just picked up Teddy, but need to make some more roster moves. Is Hill just taking up space, or do you think it's worth keeping him in my situation?
You shouldn't have moved him out of the TE slot!

ETA: seeing you had Burrow, you were probably forced to do so. I would probably hold Hill if I were you, unless there are better options than Teddy on waivers.
boy09
AG
Yeah, didn't have much choice. I was really just trying to make space to stream a defense this week since i've got the Ravens vs. Steelers. I really don't NEED a win this week, i'm safely in the playoffs. I guess i'll just stay with what i got for this week.

Not much else available on waivers. Tua, Cousins, Rivers, Daniel Jones. I prefer Teddy and his upcoming matchups over any of those guys.
Saint Pablo
boy09 said:

Yeah, didn't have much choice. I was really just trying to make space to stream a defense this week since i've got the Ravens vs. Steelers. I really don't NEED a win this week, i'm safely in the playoffs. I guess i'll just stay with what i got for this week.

Not much else available on waivers. Tua, Cousins, Rivers, Daniel Jones. I prefer Teddy and his upcoming matchups over any of those guys.
I think Taysom has great matchups. If he continues to run like he did this last week, he has a nice floor. I would probably hold him.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Glad I don't play in a sham league with the cheaters in here trying to justify leaving him in the TE spot
Saint Pablo
Chipotlemonger said:

Glad I don't play in a sham league with the cheaters in here trying to justify leaving him in the TE spot
Would you consider it cheating if a player who was activated off of IR in the IR slot for a period of time? Or benching a defense when it is the last remaining player?

I am still not sure what to do with Taysom to be honest, he is still in my TE slot, but I am torn going into the weekend.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The IR spot deal locks out additional lineup changes and doesn't add to the team's scoring line, less egregious than this Hill fiasco.

As for the defense deal, yes, in the league I manage (not original commissioner) we have a -10 penalty if you don't start a defense. Get that weasel crap out of here.
Saint Pablo
Chipotlemonger said:

The IR spot deal locks out additional lineup changes and doesn't add to the team's scoring line, less egregious than this Hill fiasco.

As for the defense deal, yes, in the league I manage (not original commissioner) we have a -10 penalty if you don't start a defense. Get that weasel crap out of here.
I agree it is less egregious, but it is pretty similar conceptually, especially if your roster is stacked and dropping a guy would really hurt.

Interesting. I don't think anyone in my leagues has ever benched a defense, I wouldn't do it.

The issue with the Hill stuff IMO is all ESPN's fault. They could have avoided this situation altogether by never listing him as a TE in the first place. They could have minimized the damage by changing his designation after Brees went down/Hill was named the starter. They could have avoided additional damage after choosing not to do that by forcing him out of lineups. They essentially invited people to use Hill at TE and advertised it pretty heavily on their service and are incentivising leaving him in the lineup.

The one league that I have Hill in my lineup in is also a league I commission, there is no buy in this year, and it is a less competitive league. I am torn on what to do, but am leaning leaving him in my lineup until Sunday and then subbing him out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If it's a no money, less competitive league, by all means leave him in there.

Agreed that ESPN is the real culprit here. Used to be great for fantasy coverage IMO but they're just a little wonky now. I used to listen daily to their Fantasy Football podcast, but this is the first year I've completely dropped that.
Saint Pablo
Chipotlemonger said:

If it's a no money, less competitive league, by all means leave him in there.

Agreed that ESPN is the real culprit here. Used to be great for fantasy coverage IMO but they're just a little wonky now. I used to listen daily to their Fantasy Football podcast, but this is the first year I've completely dropped that.
Same! I really liked their podcast and Matthew Berry's Love/Hate column, not always the best advice, but it was well written and a fun read. Now it's behind a paywall.

Have you considered playing on sites other than ESPN? I have played through NFL one year and am in a league on Sleeper this year. I honestly still prefer ESPN's layout and quick updates. Sleeper is fun, but I think that the little characters are stupid and their updates are very slow.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My one other league is on Yahoo and it's....alright. I wouldn't necessarily jump from ESPN to Yahoo given the choice.

I doubt the league I commission ever moves. ESPN definitely wins over Yahoo in "ease of use" IMO, and our league has a considerable history that is neat to be able to view at any time on ESPN.
Ag06Law
AG
I was all in on using Hill as a TE last week and did so. I pulled him out as soon as they took away TE eligibility. Playing him when ESPN classified him as a TE was completely justifiable. Leaving him in after that has been removed is not, in my opinion. You're playing a player at a spot he's not eligible for based essentially on a software loophole. That's not within the confines of the game.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ag06Law said:

I was all in on using Hill as a TE last week and did so. I pulled him out as soon as they took away TE eligibility. Playing him when ESPN classified him as a TE was completely justifiable. Leaving him in after that has been removed is not, in my opinion. You're playing a player at a spot he's not eligible for based essentially on a software loophole. That's not within the confines of the game.

Ok you talked me into it. I'm pulling him out now
Ornithopter
AG
DubFalls said:

Chipotlemonger said:

I will be sacrificing my integrity and leaving him in the TE slot.

My opponent has Antonio Gibson and Will Fuller, so I guess I will be losing regardless.
Saint Pablo
I took Taysom out.
NASAg03
Chipotlemonger said:

Would you have a problem with a RB that doesn't like up in the backfield once but has 100yds recieving and two touchdowns? Would you expect him to be moved to WR the following week?
Chipotlemonger
AG
NASAg03 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Would you have a problem with a RB that doesn't like up in the backfield once but has 100yds recieving and two touchdowns? Would you expect him to be moved to WR the following week?

Not at all, if he's a RB on the roster. That is a terrible comparison.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.