ESPN Leagues -Taysom Hill TE

4,048 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone considering scooping him up and using him as a TE during Brees' absence? Given the state of TE, he may be worth a shot if you don't have Kelce or Waller.
Ags #1
AG
Isnt crab legs the starter now?
Saint Pablo
Ags #1 said:

Isnt crab legs the starter now?
They haven't announced it yet, but it is possible that Taysom Hill sees more usage at QB than he normally does.

ESPN also announced that no matter what happens this week, Hill will still have his TE designation, so theoretically, Hill could be named the starting QB and you could play him at TE. Almost like a super-flex at your TE spot.
Saint Pablo

bdgol07
AG
He is only a QB for Yahoo...I bet that he doesn't stay TE eligible for more than a week
Saint Pablo
bdgol07 said:

He is only a QB for Yahoo...I bet that he doesn't stay TE eligible for more than a week
It depends what his usage looks like, but could be massive this week if he were to play meaningful time at QB and could be slotted as a TE.
bdgol07
AG
Saint Pablo said:

bdgol07 said:

It depends what his usage looks like, but could be massive this week if he were to play meaningful time at QB and could be slotted as a TE.
If he is the backup QB, they will not use him as an H Back as much so he is protected. Payton did the same thing last year too. Brees was out, Hill rarely played other than QB
Carlo4
AG
bdgol07 said:

Saint Pablo said:

bdgol07 said:

If he is the backup QB, they will not use him as an H Back as much so he is protected. Payton did the same thing last year too. Brees was out, Hill rarely played other than QB
Still taking a flyer on him. I have terrible TEs this year, so he's filling in as a bye week. If he's a starter and the TE is a designation... worth the gamble
TX_Aggie37
AG
I picked him up in two leagues. One league I have Waller and the other I have Jonnu Smith. Tempted to start him in the Jonnu league just to take a flyer.
boy09
AG
I've got a feeling people who picked him up (myself included) are going to be disappointed.. Jameis is the fill-in and i think Hill's use will stay about the same. I hope i'm wrong though.
Saint Pablo
Possible. But if so, how disappointed will you be? Odds are you're missing out on Geisicki, Logan Thomas, Jonnu or some rando at TE that has the potential to land yiu 2.2 points.
boy09
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Possible. But if so, how disappointed will you be? Odds are you're missing out on Geisicki, Logan Thomas, Jonnu or some rando at TE that has the potential to land yiu 2.2 points.
My expectations are about as low as they can be. I lost Kittle and had to pick up Logan Thomas, and grabbed Hill as a long-shot before Brees even got hurt. I'm just saying, i don't think his production will drastically increase. Like a lot of people in this thread think it will.
Saint Pablo
boy09 said:

Saint Pablo said:

My expectations are about as low as they can be. I lost Kittle and had to pick up Logan Thomas, and grabbed Hill as a long-shot before Brees even got hurt. I'm just saying, i don't think his production will drastically increase. Like a lot of people in this thread think it will.
Fair enough! Low expectations are the way to go w TE this year!
Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
I could see Payton rolling him out there to start and then swapping to Jameis early on. Still worth a start at TE if you were able to scoop him up.
boy09
AG
Sometimes i don't mind being wrong.
Saint Pablo
boy09 said:

Sometimes i don't mind being wrong.
I didn't put in a waiver claim for him thinking he would surely be available in free agency Wednesday morning. The team in last place got him in time for his matchup with the team in first LOL
Carlo4
AG
Nice. I'm #2 at 7-3. Going against #1 at 9-1. Picking up Hill at TE might give me the edge this week to close a game to have a chance at a top seed.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I have kelce but I still picked him up. Might start him at flex over Amari Cooper
Silvertaps
AG
For clarification...playing Hill at TE will only work in ESPN...correct?
Saint Pablo
Silvertaps said:

For clarification...playing Hill at TE will only work in ESPN...correct?
I believe so. Sleeper has him as a QB. Not sure about other leagues.
Txhuntr
AG
So, I picked up hill on a whim earlier this week. Will he get passing stats if I play him at TE? Those columns don't show up in his player profile. ESPN league btw
Carlo4
AG
Txhuntr said:

So, I picked up hill on a whim earlier this week. Will he get passing stats if I play him at TE? Those columns don't show up in his player profile. ESPN league btw
As long as your league is set up normally, you get credit if a non QB throws for yards and TDs, like a halfback pass or something like that.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Scooped him up and have him in my TE spot. Im sure my league mates won't be happy, but at 3-7 I've got nothing to lose at this point
Carlo4
AG
For ESPN in our league, his projections went from 4.8 to 18.8. I'll take that!
Saint Pablo
ESPN is stupid as hell for allowing this to happen, but as long as I am not being boned by it, I don't really care!
idAg09
Picked him up in ESPN as well. I changed to Andrews for TE last night but now I'm guessing I should start Hill instead?
Squirrel Master
AG
Saint Pablo said:

ESPN is stupid as hell for allowing this to happen, but as long as I am not being boned by it, I don't really care!
Matthew Berry was tweeting about this yesterday and said that they would never take away position eligibility during a week. So after he's the starting QB this week, he'll lose TE eligibility next week. This is a one week play for everyone picking him up.
Saint Pablo
Squirrel Master said:

Saint Pablo said:

Matthew Berry was tweeting about this yesterday and said that they would never take away position eligibility during a week. So after he's the starting QB this week, he'll lose TE eligibility next week. This is a one week play for everyone picking him up.
Yeah I saw that. WHY though? There is no rational explanation as to why A) a guy who was never listed as anything other than a quarterback was made a TE and B) after that dude was named the starting QB was still left as a TE.
Squirrel Master
AG
Well, he was added as a TE, because this season, that's been his primary position. They didn't add TE designation this week. And they aren't dropping TE now, today, because the week is already started. Games are already being played. So it wouldn't make sense to change his designation now. Lineups are already set with some players already locked in. It would be more weird to make designation changes on a Friday that could make some already set lineups illegitimate.
Saint Pablo
Squirrel Master said:

Well, he was added as a TE, because this season, that's been his primary position. They didn't add TE designation this week. And they aren't dropping TE now, today, because the week is already started. Games are already being played. So it wouldn't make sense to change his designation now. Lineups are already set with some players already locked in. It would be more weird to make designation changes on a Friday that could make some already set lineups illegitimate.
It hasn't been. He has been listed as a QB on their depth chart all year. Jared Cook, Adam Trautman, Josh Hill, and Jason Vander Laan are the only tight ends on their depth chart. I understand that he catches passes every once in a while, but that doesn't make him a tight end. The only place that Taysom Hill has been considered a tight end is ESPN's fantasy. He should have never had the designation to begin with.

I have never played in a league where entire lineups lock after game one starts...I think that concept is moronic, but I doubt many people that do had Taysom Hill slotted in as their TE prior to kickoff on Thursday. Even leagues that don't play like that, it isn't like anyone was banking on playing Greg Olsen or one of the other TEs that played in TNF.

It has very little impact on me, I was actually able to grab him in one league. But I find the whole thing to be very stupid and devoid of any logic whatsoever.
_lefraud_
AG
Another reason I like having a league with limited roster spots. There's only 5 bench spots in my league, so it puts a real premium on making a decision to add someone like Hill or not, even if for only one week.
Carlo4
AG
Anyone else remember Marques Colston was a TE/WR combo his rookie year. That was fun!
NASAg03
Hill looking good this game! Saints might lose another backup.

Would have been interesting if Tebow went the Taysom route in the NFL.
MooreTrucker
AG
Daughter is playing him as a flex, and he has more points right now than her QB, Tanny. She effectively has two QB's playing right now. And is projected to win handily.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.