Keeper League Trade Help

456 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Okay so this is my first year in a keeper league. We get 3 keepers. They can't be anyone you've taken in the first two rounds and two of them would have to be rookies. It's a 10 man full PPR league.

I'd really like to get CMC if possible...his owner is 3-6. This year 8/10 teams make the playoffs, so he still has a chance, but his team is so bad he isn't going anywhere. I was debating offering Calvin Ridley who he would be able to keep and a third round draft pick. Does that sound like too much? Not enough? I genuinely have no idea.

This is my roster FWIW:
QB: Tannehill
RB: Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, Justin Jackson, Alexander Mattison, Austin Ekeler
WR: Michael Thomas, Calvin Ridley, Diontae Johnson, Jamison Crowder, AB
TE: Hunter Henry
Squirrel Master
AG
Edit: dumb question

That's probably fair, if Ridley would become the clear keeper choice for him. If the upgrade Ridley offers over his next best option is minimal, or not at all, then it would require a better pick if it was me. But that's a good place to start.
Saint Pablo
Squirrel Master said:

I thought you couldn't keep a player drafted in top 2 rounds?
Right, so that would be a push for me to win this year.

The Kittle owner dropped him to waivers, so I intend to grab him and use him as my keeper.
Saint Pablo
Squirrel Master said:

Edit: dumb question

That's probably fair, if Ridley would become the clear keeper choice for him. If the upgrade Ridley offers over his next best option is minimal, or not at all, then it would require a better pick if it was me. But that's a good place to start.
His roster is:
QB: Russell Wilson, Tua
RB: CMC, JK Dobbins, Boston Scott, Mike Davis, Devonta Freeman, Matt Breida
WR: Chase Claypool, Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Ceedee Lamb, Jalen Reagor, Randall Cobb
TE: Jared Cook

He is the commissioner and went all in on the rookie keeper idea...even though you can only keep two. I imagine it's possible he holds Russell Wilson, but I am not sure.
Squirrel Master
AG
Interesting dynamic when its a first year league and you don't know guys keeper tendencies yet or how the league operates. For example, in both my keeper leagues, only 2-3 QBs are kept per year and typically only if there just is no viable position player worth keeping (or its Mahomes). In my leagues, Ridley would almost certainly get kept over Russ. Offering that deal is a great place to start.
Saint Pablo
Squirrel Master said:

Interesting dynamic when its a first year league and you don't know guys keeper tendencies yet or how the league operates. For example, in both my keeper leagues, only 2-3 QBs are kept per year and typically only if there just is no viable position player worth keeping (or its Mahomes). In my leagues, Ridley would almost certainly get kept over Russ. Offering that deal is a great place to start.
I would tend to think the same thing, but he has made some moves I questioned...he gave up Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones for Russell Wilson and OBJ...which....cmon...

The league also gives 6 points per passing TD and .4 points per 10 passing yards instead of .25, so QBs have a bit more value, but I still would rather keep Ridley than a QB.

I think I am going to offer a fourth and Ridley and go from there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.