Trade question

457 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bthotugigem05
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in a 12-team part ppr/ppfd league with 2 keepers (only one of which can be an RB) and an auction draft. I'm about to be 8-1 and want to make a run for the title this year.

Roster:
QB: Ryan, Tannehill
RB: Sanders/Scott (PHI), Jones (TB), Kelley (LAC)
WR: Metcalf, Jeudy, Cupp, Johnson (PIT), Brown/Beasley (BUF)
TE: Kelce, Kittle (kept Kelce, drafted Kittle)
K: Lutz
DEF: SFO, blech

The commissioner's team sucks this year and he's trying to build for next year and checked if I was interested of making a deal for Robinson or Mixon. Mixon would give me some very nice flexibility if Miles Sanders gets hurt again. I'm not really that interested in Robinson with Jeudy doing well, but not opposed.

The proposed trade is this:
Mixon, GioB, ARob

for

Kittle's keeper rights and $25

What say you?
Squirrel Master
AG
I haven't played auction drafts (or ppfd, which took me a while to figure out what that even meant) before, but I'm guessing from what I've seen that if you were to rank the dollars spent per player, $25 probably comes out to around the cost of say player 20-30? If thats right, then its like a second or third rd pick based on what I'm used to. Assuming that's a fair way to think about it, my thoughts:

Kittle is worthless to you, and the money isn't bad. Mixon/Gio will immediately fill a starting RB spot for you and Robinson is in the mix to start depending on how many WRs you play. So this trade definitely makes you better this year and the cost to next year, while significant, is not so much as to complete mail-in next year.

That said, I'm surprised that team is 8-1. I'd be curious where you rank in points scored, because that team looks very middle of the pack for a 12 team league. You'll have to look at your competition and judge for your self if Mixon/Gio is an upgrade enough to contend with the best teams in your league in the playoffs.
bthotugigem05
AG
I've gotten lucky with two of my opponents, they had really really bad games and scored (not kidding) 70-100 points less than usual against me.

The Kittle/Kelce combo was absolutely fantastic and made up for being average elsewhere, but Kittle going down really hurt things.

I ended up doing the deal and got him to throw in Jonnu Thomas. There's another guy who wants Kelce for Mark Andrews + draft money but I doubt I'll do that.

I'm 4th in PF and 10th in PA. Should be closer to 5-4 but my starts/sits have been pretty solid.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.