***Antonio Brown Return Thread***

4,080 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Go scoop him up in fantasy boys. League winning upside for free.
EliteZags
AG
Brown and Josh Gordon together lol

adding to Lockett and Metcalf would be wild tho
Saint Pablo
Funny that Brown could be eligible to return before Josh Gordon
Matsui
AG
snatched him!
Rex Racer
AG
I grabbed him. Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm actually shocked he wasn't taken. I remember someone drafting him, but I guess they gave up on him due to our roster size.
EliteZags
AG
was back and forth about it a while but at the cost of a Corey Davis he's worth a stash behind my corps of Thomas-Cooper-Jefferson-Fulgham-Ruggs of which I can start up to 4
Saint Pablo
Sheesh. Could not imagine drafting him...I got Jonnu Smith with my last overall pick and that turned out much nicer than I could have hoped for. I bet the guy that drafted him is butthurt you snagged him.
EastSideAg2002
I added as well but feel a bit dirty about it.
Saint Pablo
He's joining Joe Mixon and Zeke on my roster. There is no morality in fantasy football.
Squirrel Master
AG
I'm looking to add him since I have a wasted bench spot on all my rosters currently occupied by the worthless corpse of Marvin Jones who I somehow ended up with lots of stock in. But I'm guessing I'll never play him. If he signs with Seattle, he's still the clear #3 receiver there. I feel like I'd be pretty desperate to need to play him.
EliteZags
AG
Anyone considering a 'buy the rumor sell the news' biotech stock approach with this
As soon as signing announced try to flip him(at possible peak value) for like a Dobbins before breakout
Or maybe some package upgrade
Saint Pablo
What makes him the clear #3 there? If he's stayed in shape, he's still in his physical prime age wise, his stat lines have been comparable to Jerry Rice, he was a top 3 WR in fantasy like 5 years in a row.
Mike Elko
AG
Yeah, thanks for alerting the competition to this AB update. I missed out on him in every league (all TA related), probably due to this post since some members are undoubtedly more plugged into this board than any other player news site. Hope Goodell extends his suspension for remainder of season.
IrishAg
Saint Pablo said:

What makes him the clear #3 there? If he's stayed in shape, he's still in his physical prime age wise, his stat lines have been comparable to Jerry Rice, he was a top 3 WR in fantasy like 5 years in a row.
But that's a pretty consistent statement for a lot of Steeler WR's who left. With the Steelers they dominated the stat line post Steelers they pretty much disappeared.
IrishAg
IrishAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

But that's a pretty consistent statement for a lot of Steeler WR's who left. With the Steelers they dominated the stat line post Steelers they pretty much disappeared.
That said, I picked him up fast in my league! lol
E
AG
Hope he doesnt go to Seahawks... DK has been a beast so far
Saint Pablo
IrishAg said:

Saint Pablo said:

There hasn't been another Steelers receiver that has produced the kind of statlines AB produced for the duration he had. Here are his statlines:
2013 - 1499 yards and 8 TDs
2014 - 1698 yards and 13 TDs
2015 - 1834 yards and 10 TDs
2016 - 1284 yards and 12 TDs
2017 - 1533 yards and 9 TDs
2018 - 1297 yards and 15 TDs
Antonio Brown isn't Mike Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, or even Hines Ward. He is one of only four receivers in NFL history to have an 1800 receiving yard season. Megatron, Jerry Rice, Julio, and AB. That is it. AB is only half a year older than Julio who is still crushing it.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Pretty tasty 3rd option for Wilson

Of course he wont last 6 weeks bc he is crazy
EastSideAg2002
MookieBlaylock said:

Pretty tasty 3rd option for Wilson

Of course he wont last 6 weeks bc he is crazy
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There has to be a 30 for 30 at some point on the stupidity of brown and leveon bell.
Saint Pablo
MuckRaker96 said:

There has to be a 30 for 30 at some point on the stupidity of brown and leveon bell.
LeVeon Bell acting like sitting out a year was the best thing for him in the long run is laughable now. With James Conner, Juju, Claypool, and Diontae Johnson, they look like geniuses while Lev and AB look like idiots.
IrishAg
So many cautionary tales for Steeler players and the rest of the NFL to not overvalue anyone that leaves that organization even if they have crazy stats
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
And the addendum that the Steelers with Big Ben healthy are 5-0 right now.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The steelers have had a very easy schedule so far

But yes brown and bell are cases in negotiations how not to

Saint Pablo

Brady pushing so hard for him seems significant. Hope he'd pop there.
Saint Pablo
EliteZags
AG

from visiting Bucs Saturday to reached agreement in under an hour
BenFiasco14
AG
Damn. I hve Evans in one league and Godwin in another
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Daddy-O5
AG
Yea and Evans already light on the target share.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
RIP my Mike Evans.

..Well I guess Godwin and Evans FF owners can just hope it takes some coverage away and one of them will be wide open often.
mike_ags_fan12
Sadly, Brown's best days were in Pittsburgh.

Although I can see him used as a decoy to open up for Godwin and Evans
BBQ4Me
AG
He is still gonna be the best #3 WR in the league.
Saint Pablo
Even if that's the case, he could still be great. He's the same age as Julio and it seems like he's kept himself in phenomenal shape.
gigem1223
BBQ4Me said:

Give me CeeDee
Saint Pablo
gigem1223 said:

BBQ4Me said:

Give me CeeDee
Ceedee ain't the number three in Dallas.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.