Trade

680 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by m.stat
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got offered Michael Thomas and Jonathan Taylor for Ingram and Davante Adams. Is the Michael Thomas injury bad enough to keep me from making that deal?

My team:

Prescott
Henry, Ingram, Moss, Mattison, Robinson, Thompson
Adams, Golladay, Sutton, Kirk, John Brown, Reagor
Higbee

Edit: Brees looked like his arm strength is shot... how does that factor into Thomas' value for you guys?
16Ag18
AG
Are you in a keeper league or a redraft league? I don't know if Adams will have another day like he did but he looked dang good. The other problem is I see Ingram being phased out in favor of Dobbins while Taylor is the starting RB.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Redraft.
W
AG
this is a tough one. I share the concern about Brees' arm being shot (a la Peyton's at the end).

but I think the trade is worth it to get Taylor as your RB2
Saint Pablo
I wouldn't pull the trigger on that in a dedraft league. Michael Thomas suffered a "high ankle injury" this week...wouldn't be shocked if he missed some time. I would use one of your top three wideouts to try and help your running back depth. Maybe package Golladay or Sutton with Mattison to trade for Dalvin Cook's RB2?
Farmer1906
AG
In a vacuum I'd make that trade easily but I'm not sure your team's WRs can survive without an WR1 for a couple week.
m.stat
AG
Thomas' injury sounds like it might be a few weeks. As much as I would prefer Taylor over what your current RB2 situation is, I don't think I could pull the trigger, especially with Adams playing at such a high level. Maybe counter with one of your other WR?
Silvertaps
AG
Would you trade Barkley/TY Hilton for Henry/Cooper?
Saint Pablo
I would. The difference in TY and Cooper is much greater than that in Saquon and Henry.
EliteZags
AG
m.stat said:

Thomas' injury sounds like it might be a few weeks. As much as I would prefer Taylor over what your current RB2 situation is, I don't think I could pull the trigger, especially with Adams playing at such a high level. Maybe counter with one of your other WR?

Are you saying to counter with a RB2 and WR2 for a WR1 and likely RB1?

Adams is clearly the only thing holding together his end of the trade
m.stat
AG
Agreed that Adams is the centerpiece but I'm saying that I would not trade Adams in that package offer with Thomas being hurt for a what looks like a few weeks at minimum and with Sutton also potentially hurt he would be very thin at WR. I wonder with the injury to Thomas would the other guy take a lesser package as he might be panicking a little at WR and take less. Just a thought. I like Taylor but not enough to give up Adams for a hurt Thomas right now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.