Madden ratings ...Kaepernick...WTF?

1,033 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 03_Aggie
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/08/colin-kaepernicks-madden-rating-is-higher-than-17-starters/

Just stop it.
jr15aggie
AG
And how quickly people forget that his "protesting" didn't start until after he was benched. The guy sucks on many levels!

Whatever... I'm going to have to ignore a bunch of stupid crap just so I can sit down and enjoy NFL football. I'm going to have to ignore the crazies on the left. I'm also going to have to ignore the conservatives who are boycotting the NFL and think I should join them.

Screw all that... starting tomorrow I am watching the NFL and I'm going to enjoy it!
PatAg
AG
I think mid to low 70s would have probably been appropriate. Skill level would be basically a bottom half of the league starter or a great option at backup is how I view him.
ironmanag
AG
Does it have a mechanic where he refuses play every other week?
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
ac04
what a joke. sad what madden has become, and not just because of this.
boy09
AG
jr15aggie said:

And how quickly people forget that his "protesting" didn't start until after he was benched. The guy sucks on many levels!
And how quickly people forget he was playing injured in 2015 before getting benched, then went to the IR shortly after, had multiple surgeries in the offseason, didn't play the first 2 preseason games of 2016 because he was still recovering and wasn't even throwing yet (first protest was the first preseason game of 2016), and was back as the 49ers starter by Week 6.

Continue on with the stupid talking point that he only protested because he got benched though...

For the record, I think the Madden stuff is dumb also.
jr15aggie
AG
boy09 said:

jr15aggie said:

And how quickly people forget he was playing injured in 2015 before getting benched, then went to the IR shortly after, had multiple surgeries in the offseason, didn't play the first 2 preseason games of 2016 because he was still recovering and wasn't even throwing yet (first protest was the first preseason game of 2016), and was back as the 49ers starter by Week 6.

Continue on with the stupid talking point that he only protested because he got benched though...

Dude, just stop!

You are trying to argue my point by saying exactly what I said. He was benched.... regardless of the hows or whys, what I said was 100% truth. The facts are that his protesting started when things weren't going so good for him on the field. Right or wrong it gives the impression that he was looking for attention, and I'm hardly the only person who feels this way.

How about next time you simply offer a counter opinion instead of making it personal and talking crap ("continue with the stupid talking point"). Put your internet tough guy aside and just provide a different opinion. It's not that hard.
jr15aggie
AG
ironmanag said:

That's the part that people forget. He's had tryouts,etc... the dude doesn't want or need to play anymore.

People keep on about how it's not fair that nobody is giving him a shot... LOL... the guy is making a crap ton of money and is revered by millions of people and he doesn't have to get the crap beat out of him on a football field to accomplish it. From a purely business point of view he's doing just fine. This laughable Madden rating is proof that he's doing an excellent job marketing himself.
boy09
AG
jr15aggie said:

ironmanag said:

That's the part that people forget. He's had tryouts,etc... the dude doesn't want or need to play anymore.

People keep on about how it's not fair that nobody is giving him a shot... LOL... the guy is making a crap ton of money and is revered by millions of people and he doesn't have to get the crap beat out of him on a football field to accomplish it. From a purely business point of view he's doing just fine. This laughable Madden rating is proof that he's doing an excellent job marketing himself.
I actually agree with you on this side of things.

Quote:

He was benched.... regardless of the hows or whys,
However, being benched for poor performance and being benched due to injury are 2 very different things. You can't imply that he got benched because he sucks, and then say the actual reason he got benched doesn't matter... I know a lot of people feel the same way you do. And it absolutely is a stupid talking point that people have eaten up.
annie88
AG
They just will not give up on pushing this racist piece of **** crap ass quarterback.
annie88
AG
TheCougarHunter
AG
Part of the reason the game has a user score of 0.2 right now on metacritic.

Not 2/10, 0.2/10.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Can we get Aaron Hernandez in Madden 2022?
jr15aggie
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Part of the reason the game has a user score of 0.2 right now on metacritic.

Not 2/10, 0.2/10.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/madden-nfl-21

Dang! I think consumers, in general, are voicing overall disgust with companies mixing political messages with entertainment. We just want to escape... can we just turn on something fun and not have to hear the same garbage we get constantly from all news outlets.

In terms of the game itself, I've really been turned off at recent versions. It doesn't even play well anymore. Back in the day you could find running lanes, make moves, etc and it felt really good. Today's game feels like there is this gravity sucking me into a predetermined tackle animation. If my RBs stats are good enough I can break it, but it feels very scripted and not fun as a player.
03_Aggie
boy09 said:

Wait, his poor play was because of a torn labrum in his non throwing shoulder? And it looks like it was his decision to have surgery mid season and doesn't occur often...

Quote:

"In my NFL experience, quarterbacks with nonthrowing (shoulder) labral tears have finished the year and had offseason surgery," said Dr. David Chao, who spent 17 years as the San Diego Chargers team physician. "This signals that there may be more than just medical that leads to this decision on the part of one or both parties."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.