NFL plans to play "Black Anthem"...

2,873 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This ought to help with the TV ratings...wow.

Source: NFL plans to play Black national anthem before Week 1 games
03_Aggie
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

No fans in attendance and tv rarely broadcasts the anthem outside of Super Bowl.
E
AG
Lol, you think the media won't broadcast or report this 24/7 before, during, and after??? It will be the main story, just like when players were kneeling. That was mentioned at length every broadcast and game recap.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
They will definitely telecast this one.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Stand for "ours"
kneel for "theirs"

who the F thinks this promotes unity?
Pigeon88
AG
Pro sports has lost its mind. Next thing lost will be fans. People have really had enough of this nonsense.
MooreTrucker
AG
Amazing that less than 15% of the population can so easily control the other 85%.
mbake5
AG
What if they decided to play a White anthem? BLM would burn America to the ground.

A Black anthem is racist. These actions are actually dividing our nation further and CREATING racism.
stallion6
AG
I gave up the NBA years ago and learned to live this summer without MLB. I will miss the NFL but I am just tired of not finding an escape from politics. The Cowboys are going to be 8-8 every year whether I watch or not.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Just further proof that the NFL is the worst professional sports league in the entire world. They literally have no clue on how to handle things appropriately.
JABQ04
AG
WTF is the black national anthem?
MooreTrucker
AG
NBA, with social justice sayings instead of names on the jerseys and BLM on the courts says "hold my beer" ..:
monarch
S
Some EPL games played last week said "Black Lives Matter" on the back of player jerseys. The FA Cup games did not.
monarch
S
As I said somewhere else, if the NFL goes through with this, I will never watch or listen to another NFL game ever. Surely won't wear a Texans jersey either. F*** this BS.
RodTidwell
By doing so, we are once again back to segregation. In the Seattle CHOP zone there was a black garden where the whites were not allowed to eat from. WTF, why are we going back in time?
Cedar09
Never knew there was a black national anthem??,
ParkerAg
AG
I am with Monarch, watching a bunch of arrogant athletes kneel for the national anthem and then stand for a black anthem is more than I can take...so long NFL, I won't be watching.
Ag Natural
AG
Most of yall clearly miss the point. I'm not surprised.

Appealing to the wishes of employees is usually considered smart business and solid leadership. It's about time sports leagues started acting this way.

And I hate to break it to you, but the days of having our sports figures and our major corporations for that matter staying out of social issues are gone forever. I dont think anyone gives a crap if you stop watching because of it. Change doesnt come comfortably.
rgleml
AG
If they do not have enough fans watching the Games on tv or in person, it will not matter what their employees, football players Think.
ParkerAg
AG
Appealing to the wishes of employees is a nice idea as long as it makes sense and does not hurt business. This will certainly hurt their business over a political statement. Not smart.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Ag Natural said:

Appealing to the wishes of employees is usually considered smart business and solid leadership. It's about time sports leagues started acting this way.

And I hate to break it to you, but the days of having our sports figures and our major corporations for that matter staying out of social issues are gone forever. I dont think anyone gives a crap if you stop watching because of it. Change doesnt come comfortably.
Until you kill the golden goose, which is absolutely what is happening for this league.
Buck Compton
AG
Ag Natural said:

And this "black national anthem" promotes unity and equality how exactly?

Separate but equal is never truly equal. Hell, that's what Brown v. Board of Education was all about.... All that progress is being washed away.
agcrock2005
AG
rgleml said:

If they do not have enough fans watching the Games on tv or in person, it will not matter what their employees, football players Think.
This might be the only thing that will help them understand, but I doubt it. There will always be the Sharpton's, Jacksons, Kaepernicks, etc. that will never let racism die because they make too much money from it.
Ag Natural
AG
Buck Compton said:

Ag Natural said:

And this "black national anthem" promotes unity and equality how exactly?

Separate but equal is never truly equal. Hell, that's what Brown v. Board of Education was all about.... All that progress is being washed away.

How is playing another anthem creating segregation? I honestly didnt know there was a black anthem. But now that I know it seems rediculous to think its "bad" to play it. Does saying a prayer alienate atheists? Or what about MLB teams playing the Canadian anthem? All of this is about inclusion, not exclusion.

If anyone decides to skip watching football because of something like this then that's their prerogative. It's a very small way of thinking, but have at it.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

How is playing another anthem creating segregation? I honestly didnt know there was a black anthem. But now that I know it seems rediculous to think its "bad" to play it. Does saying a prayer alienate atheists? Or what about MLB teams playing the Canadian anthem? All of this is about inclusion, not exclusion.
I would say that the answer is because we have ONE anthem for our ONE country. According to your way of thinking, why stop at the black anthem? What about the native american, mexican, dominican, etc. anthems? I'm sure they have something. We need to be inclusive of all right? And the Canadian anthem is played when a team from CANADA is playing genius.
Ag Natural
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

I would say that the answer is because we have ONE anthem for our ONE country. According to your way of thinking, why stop at the black anthem? What about the native american, mexican, dominican, etc. anthems? I'm sure they have something. We need to be inclusive of all right? And the Canadian anthem is played when a team from CANADA is playing genius.

Well the motive is to be more inclusive. You could argue all day what the right method is to do that. You could argue they are over thinking it. What you can't argue is that they should try nothing. The NFL in particular has taken heat for years for putting their head in the sand on certain issues and its cost them.
AtlAg05
AG
Ag Natural said:

agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Well the motive is to be more inclusive. You could argue all day what the right method is to do that. You could argue they are over thinking it. What you can't argue is that they should try nothing. The NFL in particular has taken heat for years for putting their head in the sand on certain issues and its cost them.

What's more inclusive than a national anthem that is for all Americans?
Longhorn Nation
NFL is going to kill the golden goose. I'm a season ticket-holder for the Texans and jumped all over the option they gave me last week to tap-out of this season w/out penalty. The NFL won't be getting a penny from me this year.
boy09
AG
Longhorn Nation said:

NFL is going to kill the golden goose. I'm a season ticket-holder for the Texans and jumped all over the option they gave me last week to tap-out of this season w/out penalty. The NFL won't be getting a penny from me this year.
Lol, I got feeling the NFL is going to be just fine...
JW
AG
Is there a black Nation that this anthem represents. Does this nation have laws and borders. Does it have its own league that players can play in. This is just another step down the road of divisiveness in our society. We are one nation, despite anyone's individual history.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Like I said, the dumbest league in the world.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.