The NFL Wants to Fight Racism. Where Does That Leave Washington's Football Team?

5,707 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Trucker 96
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots of smoke rising that it might be the Sentinels.

Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

lunchbox

Out in Left Field
AG
Taking a page from MLS. Too bad they chose team instead of club. Washington FC!
lunchbox
Look at this bad boy!

E
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Taking a page from MLS. Too bad they chose team instead of club. Washington FC!

I actually kinda like they are going the football team/club route. One thing I always liked with European soccer is the FC's and have always thought mascots can sometimes be a little lame.
expresswrittenconsent
Yes, the giant Chevy logo taking up the entirety of the front of the jersey is more authentic because no mascot.
South Platte
lunchbox said:

Love it. I hope this is the first step toward going with "Washington", no mascot name at all. Keep the color scheme, just take the Indian off the helmet and roll on. That will allow them to avoid rebranding efforts to a different name.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Am I a bad Cowboys fan for thinking the Redskins knocked this one outa the park? I actually love it.
lunchbox
Personally, I wish they would have gone with "club" instead of "team"...Washington FC sounds better than Washington FT.
Trucker 96
I think it's a great idea. It also still essentially allows them to remain the Redskins

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.