Done with Texans... no to Cowboys... so who should I adopt?

8,913 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WestGalvestonAggie
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going with the Pirate teams for 2020...

Bucs & Raiders will create the buzz this year!
Mumbo Jimbo
Bucs, Raiders, Chiefs are teams I like

Would root for AZ but I don't care for KM or KK

pdc093
Chargers & Titans
Big Cat `93
AG
Be careful. When Bud Adams gave us the finger and moved the Oilers, I picked a team with two of my favorite Aggies playing for them. In the twentysomething years since, rooting for that team has been an ordeal.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.
E
AG
E said:

I think i'm jumping on the Tampa Bay Bucs with the GOAT bandwagon, followed closely with Miami only if they get Tua. Once Brady is done in Tampa i'll be 100% in with Miami
Nice. Looks like I have my future bandwagon fandom set!
NASAg03
Broncos are loading up on offense. Should be exciting.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
IrishAg
Ok, going Baltimore as my team to follow. Love their draft so far.
AgPediRPh
AG
IrishAg said:

Yep. Olaka, Mack and now Madubuike...love the Ag heavy defense!
dixichkn
AG
Ravens are absolutely owning this draft so far
gigem1223
Love the Cowboys, Ravens and Cardinals draft so far
zephyr88
AG
dixichkn said:

Ravens are absolutely owning this draft so far
Agree - they're making good picks...but damn, what about Miami?

They might end up being a contender again.
TyHolden
AG
IrishAg said:

they've drafted 4 Texas kids and 2 sec kids so far so I'm excited but biased. Seems like value picks though.
Potcake
AG
You're not an Ag so butter up a stump.
Marvin
AG
Dear Abby,

I want to thank Arizona for recruiting me, and I really could see myself as a Cardinals fan. However, after careful consideration and reflection, I have decided to decommit and take my fanatical talents to the Detroit Lions. When I was kid growing up, very few football games were telecast. The one day guaranteed to have a football broadcast (since the mid-60's anyway) was Thanksgiving, and the Lions have played on turkey day since the 30's. I vividly remember sitting on the green shag carpet, staring at a black and white console TV in the corner of a brown paneled living room. It was the dawn of the 1970's and it was a day second only to Christmas and the first day of summer break in my world. The Lions rarely won, another tradition they've upheld with some stamina, but I didn't care. I had a belly full of pumpkin pie and football on the tube. The TV signal was even strong enough that I didn't have to hold onto the rabbit ears and use my body as an antenna. "Forward down the field!"

Thanks again to the Cardinals, but when mama calls you gotta go home. #respectmyindecision.

BMX Bandit
Big Cat `93 said:

Be careful. When Bud Adams gave us the finger and moved the Oilers, I picked a team with two of my favorite Aggies playing for them. In the twentysomething years since, rooting for that team has been an ordeal.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

Since you so easily switch teams, just pick someone new. Abs since Aggie players is a big deal, I have perfect team for you. They have an Aggie guard and QB, and were just in afc championship

The Tennesee Titans
AG@RICE
AG
No doubt that this is a Texas A&M forum. Most of you have mentality freed yourselves from a perpetual sports anchor and have decided to invest your fandom in....the Jets and Lions. It's like we were born to be dissappointed with our sports teams. No matter how hard we try to escape our fate, we are just drawn to sports carnage.
Big Cat `93
AG
Not in this life or the next.

AG@RICE pretty much nailed it. I went from Renfro's non-TD, the House of Pain, and the meltdown in Buffalo to Belichick's heel turn, the butt fumble, and the Johnson regime. Variations on a theme. But hey, Mann's a Jet now. Steve O'Neal II.
Marvin
AG
AG@RICE said:

No doubt that this is a Texas A&M forum. Most of you have mentality freed yourselves from a perpetual sports anchor and have decided to invest your fandom in....the Jets and Lions. It's like we were born to be dissappointed with our sports teams. No matter how hard we try to escape our fate, we are just drawn to sports carnage.
Truth.
Frok
AG
You dumped the Texans for the Lions?

It's like dumping your fat ugly girlfriend for another fat ugly girl
Marvin
AG
Frok said:

You dumped the Texans for the Lions?

It's like dumping your fat ugly girlfriend for another fat ugly girl

Hmmm, I may have started drinking too early today...

I do hear that they have a great personality!
94chem
Marvin said:

Billy Buttface has ruined me on the Texans, and I can't say I was ever all in anyway. So, I'm thinking of following one of these:

Cardinals
Lions
Chiefs (my daughter lives in KC, but on the flip side I hate to bandwagon)
Seahawks (loved Jim Zorn back in the day)
Broncos

I can't go with the Titans, because my heart bled when the Oilers left- and by extension, my traditional hatred for the Steelers and Bills is just too deep. I can only root for one cheater, aka my Astros, so gone are the Patriots. Cheering for the Saints would involve rubbing barstools with LSU fans, so I don't think that's a long term solution.

I kind of like the idea of a PST team with the games starting later on Sunday.

Anyone a fan of these teams, and if so, would you recommend a free agent fan signing?

Do you even millennial, bro? Wait to see who wins, buy some of their gear, and announce how you've been a fan your whole life.
Spaceball 1
AG
As a diehard Oilers fan myself I've struggled with this same question for 20 years. Who to root for? I've hated the Texans since the stupid name/color scheme was announced and could never bring myself to truly root for another team, seemed fake. Until, I decided to try and root for the Titans. It works... Warren Moon's name is in their stadium, Bruce Mathews played for em and never switched teams... Steve McNair, Eddie George, etc. Its my team.
BMX Bandit
Never understood the people that hate the name "Texans". Are you from New York or something?
BBQ4Me
AG
It's a pretty lame name. Just think if a team was called the:
Los Angeles Californians
Detroit Michiganders
Tampa Bay Floridians
BMX Bandit
BBQ4Me said:

It's a pretty lame name. Just think if a team was called the:
Los Angeles Californians
Detroit Michiganders
Tampa Bay Floridians

None of those are Texas. Those states suck.

expresswrittenconsent
Oh, "because Texas".
The 'I don't have a good answer' answer.
Jason Ag
AG
The Colts! Let's see water Phillip Rivers has left in the tank.

Jason Ag
AG
Stinking autocorrect. Obviously meant "what" Phillip Crimea Rivers has left on the tank.
AgPediRPh
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Never understood the people that hate the name "Texans". Are you from New York or something?
it's a pretty boring nickname. Plus, Dallas did it first
Kellso
jjmanzano said:

BMX Bandit said:

I think Houston really missed the boat on that name.

It ensured that they would only be a regional franchise.
FTR....I think Astros and Rockets are perfect franchise names for the city of Houston.
Squirrel Master
AG
Kellso said:

jjmanzano said:

BMX Bandit said:

I think Houston really missed the boat on that name.

It ensured that they would only be a regional franchise.
FTR....I think Astros and Rockets are perfect franchise names for the city of Houston.

Which makes it all the more incredible that the Rockets weren't originally from Houston. They lucked into a perfect name for the city they moved to. The opposite of the Utah Jazz.
austinag1997
AG
Saints have had/has their share of Aggie players and coaches.
Kozmozag
I'm done with the NFL kneelers.
WestGalvestonAggie
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.