***** NFL 2020 Offseason Thread *****

13,776 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mr. White
BBQ4Me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yikes. Pats getting fleeced on that trade.

Edit: it's better than getting nothing for a player who wasn't on your roster, but it seems like they could've gotten more
bilbobag
The info is leaking slowly.. Gronk wasn't coming back to the Pats.
Bunk Moreland

lunchbox
BBQ4Me said:

Yikes. Pats getting fleeced on that trade.

Edit: it's better than getting nothing for a player who wasn't on your roster, but it seems like they could've gotten more
I don't think they had any leverage. He could have un-retired and planted himself back on the Pats roster and they would have had to deal with the cap issues...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BREAKING: David Carr has unretired and been traded from the Giants to the Texans for Deshaun Watson, 17 future draft picks and an autographed copy of Bill O'Brien's forthcoming autobiography "That's on Me"
IrishAg
So Brady is going to have Evans and Godwin at WR and then OJ Howard and Gronk at TE? They just need a RB by committee and that offense has crazy potential with Bruce Arians running it.
ac04
i think the pats did awesome. if gronk says ok now i'm a patriot again they are in cap hell. they got a 4th for basically nothing. if anyone got screwed it is tampa, not sure who they thought they were bidding against.
redag06
IrishAg said:

So Brady is going to have Evans and Godwin at WR and then OJ Howard and Gronk at TE? They just need a RB by committee and that offense has crazy potential with Bruce Arians running it.
Rumor is that they are currently shopping OJ Howard, going all in on Gronk and his injuries.
ATM9000
AG
IrishAg said:

Underrated that OJ Howard was listed like he's on par as a weapon as those other 3
Bunk Moreland
He's a guy who's productivity immediately increases because he falls back on the depth chart. He's now at best the 4th most dangerous receiving option which will help him due to defenses focusing elsewhere.

Arians is going to mold to what Tom wants and you know 2 TE's who can stretch the field fits what he wants. They're going to get a quick and shifty wr to put in the slot and look for a few different types of rb's for situational offense.
ATM9000
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

He's a guy who's productivity immediately increases because he falls back on the depth chart. He's now at best the 4th most dangerous receiving option which will help him due to defenses focusing elsewhere.

Arians is going to mold to what Tom wants and you know 2 TE's who can stretch the field fits what he wants. They're going to get a quick and shifty wr to put in the slot and look for a few different types of rb's for situational offense.

Pst... I have a secret: OJ Howard was the Buc's 4th or 5th best receiving option last season too.
Bunk Moreland
But he had more attention paid to him. We're going to find out this year if he has anything to contribute.
IrishAg
ATM9000 said:

IrishAg said:

Underrated that OJ Howard was listed like he's on par as a weapon as those other 3

I'm not saying he's great, but he's a great bookend to go with Gronk in a 2 TE setup (assuming they don't trade him and he can stay healthy). Winston had his favorites he would go to no matter what (look at Godwin vs Evans numbers and the number of INTs thrown last year), but Brady will distribute to who is open. Gronk will take priority along with Evans and Godwin, that will leave Howard or whoever they put there (in the slot or another TE) to get pretty much single coverage and no priority all game long.
BMX Bandit
I think its very unlikely Howard is on the team when season starts
Bregxit
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Percy Harvin is looking to come back.
Bunk Moreland
My guess is they'll look elsewhere
Bunk Moreland

Saint Pablo
Does anyone think Taysom Hill will pan out for the Saints? Their investment in him and Jameis is interesting to me. I think Jameis will ultimately be Brees' heir.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Praise Jesus, Booger and all-world hack Joe Tessitore have been removed from MNF.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/09/espn-replace-joe-tessitore-booger-mcfarland-monday-night-football-booth
98Ag99Grad
AG
How low has MNF sunk when possible replacements are Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Dan Orlovsky? I cant stand Orlovsky and think hed be a terrible choice. They struck out on Romo and Manning. Best thing now would be a reality show with the winner getting the job.
BMX Bandit
I really like orlovsky
Anyone talking about this? Is the NFL actually trying to drive fans away?

Frok
AG
Professional sports gonna struggle after this. I've learned my life is just fine without them.
BMX Bandit
Frok said:

Professional sports gonna struggle after this. I've learned my life is just fine without them.

I bet you see increased ratings for NFL this fall
Texas A&M
W
AG
standing by for the puff piece on Oliver by one of the local sportswriters...
PooDoo
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Anyone talking about this? Is the NFL actually trying to drive fans away?

I'd bet Jerry's liver is black. Does that count?
The NFL is considering giving special treatment to teams that perform certain tasks based solely on someone's race.

That, by definition, is racism.
Mr. White
It's truly astounding that they'd even let this go to vote.
BMX Bandit
The woke up and realized a core would be dumb

BMX Bandit
Kozmozag
is Goodell going to hire Kap, give him some sort of BLM liason job?
Mr. White

K

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.