Kellso said:

ATM9000 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

If Eli had the same exact stats, same record and had those 2 SB MVPs, yet did it all with Carolina and was not Peyton's brother, does he get in?
I've said this before, but I think he's likely even more of a lock in that scenario in a place like Carolina or Buffalo or something vs. New York. Specific to Carolina, there's not much else going on there relative to NY. He'd probably easily be the most prolific athlete ever there and a goddam legend if he led the team for 16 years and had 2 Super Bowl MVP's. I really think his name and city he played in is absolutely more of a detriment to his case and not really the benefit so many people think it is.

Hell, if he did what he's done in Houston and not NY, I think he'd be a bigger deal overall than he's considered right now.

I respectfully disagree. If Eli played in Baltimore he would be Joe Flacco with an additional ring.

The overhype as everything to do with his last name, and playing in NYC.

You don't think the Flacco conversation is massively different in Baltimore if he had a 2nd Super Bowl MVP for the Ravens? I think it is not a stretch at all that he's way more prolific and memorable both in Baltimore and nationally if he had a couple SB MVP's. Add to that, he beat probably the best running franchise in the NFL twice. Flacco would be an absolute legend in Baltimore if he held that to his name.