A few XFL rules

2,049 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Blindside05
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

Interesting twist to the NFL. At first I didn't like a few but now I think it might be interesting to see what teams do.
Post removed:
by user
MaxPower
Not necessarily a rule but sounds like they are allowing comms for all skills positions. That will help with the 25 second clock as it eliminates the need for a full huddle.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
Flagged. Wrong forum.
AggieIce
AG
MaxPower said:

Not necessarily a rule but sounds like they are allowing comms for all skills positions. That will help with the 25 second clock as it eliminates the need for a full huddle.

Not sure why this isn't already a thing
NoahAg
I like most of them:
-OT
-extra points
-play clock

Not sure about the continuous clock. Seems weird not to stop the clock for out of bounds plays.
Cancelled
AG
It will be out of business by 2021
AgsMnn
AG
Shorter games would be nice. Already a fan.
PA24
AG
No Manziel

I Am not interested
Mr. Nobody
#3 could be fun...
vander54
S
Shife said:

Flagged. Wrong forum.

Aggies will be playing in the XFL and our current players are affected by this as well.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Chicken sandwiches?
jimscott85
AG
NoahAg said:

I like most of them:
-OT
-extra points
-play clock

Not sure about the continuous clock. Seems weird not to stop the clock for out of bounds plays.
Probably why there's a designated ball-spotting official. And, if you take the ball out of bounds, you'd better be ready to assist in getting the ball positioned for the next play.
PneumAg
It will be awesome watching four entertaining XFL games before they can't make payroll and the league goes under.
Guitarsoup
AG
PneumAg said:

It will be awesome watching four entertaining XFL games before they can't make payroll and the league goes under.
Except it is wholly owned by Vince McMahon, who is worth $3+ billion and he said he is willing to lose money on it for 3 years to create a new league. Pretty sure Vince can make payroll.

Also, they have a good TV deal with ESPN and Fox.
diehard03
Quote:

No coin toss. Home team gets the choice. If the game goes to OT, visiting team gets choice.

I didn't know I wanted this in the NFL until right now.

(But, I'd give the home team the choice in OT as well)
expresswrittenconsent
Guitarsoup said:

PneumAg said:

Except it is wholly owned by Vince McMahon, who is worth $3+ billion and he said he is willing to lose money on it for 3 years to create a new league. Pretty sure Vince can make payroll.

Oh cool. How many years did it last the first time when vince the billionaire was an owner and they had a better tv deal?
Guitarsoup
AG

expresswrittenconsent said:

Guitarsoup said:

PneumAg said:

Oh cool. How many years did it last the first time when vince the billionaire was an owner and they had a better tv deal?
The 2001 league was shown on UPN and TNN. Yes. Much better TV deal than now when they are on ABC/ESPN/Fox/FS1.

They tried to make the XFL more spectacle than sport. They aren't making that mistake now. Instead of Jesse the Body Ventura, they have Greg McElroy, Joey Galloway, Steve Levy, and Pat McAfee calling games.

McMahon dropped out of the billionaire lists in 01.

But otherwise, very good points, as usual.
Ag_07
AG
Also I think it's a different ballgame nowadays with how the NFL has changed.

Think there are a lot more people chomping at the bit for an alternative to the NFL.
expresswrittenconsent
Ag_07 said:

Also I think it's a different ballgame nowadays with how the NFL has changed.

Think there are a lot more people chomping at the bit for an alternative to the NFL.

This same stuff has been said for each of the ~15 previous failed spring leagues going back 50 yrs. It's always wrong because the NFL just keeps growing. Their ratings and TV revenue dwarf every other sport.
There never are those people champing at the bit to watch low quality expansion football during the spring. Mostly because there are about 15 or 20 guys who can play QB at a high level and the NFL has the top 75 of them locked down. The NFL also has the top 100 of each other position locked down as well but the QB is the most noticeable quality of play difference.
expresswrittenconsent
Guitarsoup said:

Guitarsoup said:

PneumAg said:

The 2001 league was shown on UPN and TNN. Yes. Much better TV deal than now when they are on ABC/ESPN/Fox/FS1.

They tried to make the XFL more spectacle than sport. They aren't making that mistake now. Instead of Jesse the Body Ventura, they have Greg McElroy, Joey Galloway, Steve Levy, and Pat McAfee calling games.

UPN and TNN, huh. Weird how a game on NBC famously delayed SNL when you just claimed the league was shown on UPN and TNN. Heres the main point, I'm right about this failure and you're naive for betting on something stupider than a lotto ticket.
Guitarsoup
AG

Guitarsoup said:

Guitarsoup said:

PneumAg said:

UPN and TNN, huh. Weird how a game on NBC famously delayed SNL when you just claimed the league was shown on UPN and TNN. Heres the main point, I'm right about this failure and you're naive for betting on something stupider than a lotto ticket.
Yes. It was on UPN and TNN. One game a week was on NBC. But NBC backed out of that after that SNL delay.

Remember a few posts ago when you said the the 2001 XFL had a better TV deal than 2020? That was cute.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-may-11-sp-62213-story.html

Here's the main point, you don't know what you are talking about

Hey...so.. um
I love Texags.

Poster 1: I'm right and you're naive.
Poster 2: you're dumb.
Iowaggie
AG
I like the 3-point try rule.

Probably won't watch any games, but I think this has a shot to last more than 3 years.
Blindside05
AG
NoahAg said:

I like most of them:
-OT
-extra points
-play clock

Or atleast on incompletions
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.