Vikings vs. Saints

4,822 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gordon McKernan
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good no call. Defender was grabbing receiver just as bad if not more so than the push off. But, alas, we get to hear about the stupid ass officials for another year
91AggieLawyer
AG
CoachRTM said:

NFL overtime rules are stupid. How is it even remotely fair that the Saints don't get to touch the ball?

Another guy on here says college OT rules are stupid. Who are the rules makers supposed to please, you or him?
CoachRTM
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

CoachRTM said:

NFL overtime rules are stupid. How is it even remotely fair that the Saints don't get to touch the ball?

Another guy on here says college OT rules are stupid. Who are the rules makers supposed to please, you or him?

I don't care what the rules are, as long as they're fair and both teams get an even chance at winning after the coin flip.
Guitarsoup
AG

91AggieLawyer
AG
I'll defer to Parry since he knows NFL rules and I don't but I didn't see enough there for a call in an NCAA game (for whatever that's worth). I wouldn't have called it and I wouldn't have wanted the deep wing on my crew to call it. Just didn't put the defender at enough of a disadvantage in my view. I think slowed down it looks worse that it really was. Yes, there was a push and yes there might have been a little separation gained (more of an announcer-speak issue than a rule issue) but the defender had his back turned and didn't know where the ball was. THAT was why the receiver caught the pass -- not the physical contact.

Anyone is, of course, free to feel differently. And, as said, I don't know the text or the philosophy of the NFL rule. In college, we'd leave that alone.
bert harbinson
AG
It looked more like hand fighting than a push off.

And as long as Sean Payton is the coach, with his smug, Dr. Seuss, whiney ***** face, I will applaud any misfortune, bad luck, bad calls, non calls, New Orleans voodoo that comes their way. He rode a disgusting wave of purposeful and rewarded resultant injuries of opposing players to a Superbowl win. Screw 'em!
Al Bula
AG
Lol at the Saints! Second worst fan base after dem boyz.
MaroonStain
AG
Shife said:

Lol at the Saints! Second worst fan base after dem boyz.

Philly?
Oakland?

Saints are 2nd worst? Lulz...

#offseasonisreal
"Thanks and Gig'em"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Proper no call. Defender was grabbing the left arm and not playing the ball at all. Offensive player pushed to shed him. Thats how football go.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Dungy and Rodney Harrison both disagree with you, fwiw.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Don't care. Their points were stupid.
No Longer Subsribed
AG
At halftime of the Eagles/Seahawks game Tony Dungy said that it was clearly interference, defenders head snapped back, clear advantage, and that's exactly why they inserted the replay rule. And he's right - it was a bad call and in Goodell's NFL the league will avoid making the tough call even when replay is clear.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If a guy with 20 concussions disagrees with me, I'm doing something right. Sorry, just not going to sympathize with a db whose effort on the play was to grab the receiver > 5 yards downfield with both hands with no thought to defending the ball
Bunk Moreland
In that game with everything they let the DB's do, no way you can call that.
Buck Compton
AG
The actual sequence was:

1) TE and CB make contact inside of 5 yards - LEGAL
2) Contact is maintained by both without holding, Rudolph looking back at the ball - LEGAL
3) Small push by TE to break contact - LEGAL
4) Ball is thrown right when #3 is happening
5) TE then extends one arm and pushes off as ball is in air - NOT LEGAL
6) CB tries to grab extended arm as a last ditch effort to save a TD as ball is arriving
7) CB can't recover and catch for a TD. Ballgame. Blown call on review.

Go watch the overhead cam view from behind the end zone. Pretty obvious.

it was a size mismatch (Saints fault), and he didn't have to push him very hard, but pretty obvious he did push and gained an advantage. They swallowed their whistle on the last play and ****ed the Saints again. I don't get why refs choose not to enforce rules as much at the end of the game. That's exactly when they SHOULD be 100% sticklers.

Now I don't like the Saints, but they've been on the wrong end of A LOT of postseason ref ****-ups lately.
Agnzona
The NFL created this mess with the Faux PI reviews in the regular season. They instituted the reply to quiet fans from last year's NO game but then in a bid to keep Refs happy went in with a plan to not overturn calls and hope coaches would learn and not challenge. Which happened so you can't go back in the playoffs and start legitimately using it. Especially the last play of a game.
. . .
Guitarsoup
AG
Hard to believe the NFL would circle the wagons and say they are right.

91AggieLawyer
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Dungy and Rodney Harrison both disagree with you, fwiw.

While I'm not saying that what they said isn't sincere, studio guys talk to get viewers and create controversy. Officials are always easy to throw under the bus and, in spite of the fact that they get most things right, due to the fact that everyone hates them, its easy for announcers and studio guys to argue they missed something.

If you think there should have been a call here, the better argument is that John Parry disagrees with him.
Gordon McKernan
SKOL!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.