Garrett Gone

11,437 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mts6175
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If this is the plan, expect Minnesota to win. Dallas is cursed.
CajunAg86
Espn says he's gone
DannyDuberstein
AG
If they are trying to be respectful, then having this play out all week in the media with all sort of crazy speculation and theories as to why it is taking so long seems like doing the opposite. Put out a respectful press release on Monday and move on. Leaking it to Ed Werder after rumors fly all week is ridiculous.
Silvertaps
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

If they are trying to be respectful, then having this play out all week in the media with all sort of crazy speculation and theories as to why it is taking so long seems like doing the opposite. Put out a respectful press release on Monday and move on. Leaking it to Ed Werder after rumors fly all week is ridiculous.

It didn't do Garrett nor any of the other coaching staff good as teams are filling out their open coaching spots. It's just Jerrah not giving a damn...he's gonna do it on Jerrah time for the drama.
Ag12thman
AG
I'd give it a day or two to make sure Jerrah doesn't try to keep him as Director of Clapping.
BMX Bandit
Macarthur said:

I've read that if the Vikes don't have a good showing, Minn would let Zim walk.

I'm not a huge fan of the Zimmer hire. He's just as conservative as JG, he's just defensive. Now, the defense does need fixing and he would def improve the D.
I've also seen that they may be willing to let Zimmer go.

I was pointing out that the theory of "delay announcing Garrett so we can get Zimmer" theory didn't make much sense.

If Zimmer is the target, the timing of telling the world Garret isn't coming back is irrelevant.
Bunk Moreland
Did Ed Werder actually break any news or did he just repackage it so ESPN could have a big expose on talking about it last night? Is Garrett actually fired or not being retained?
DannyDuberstein
AG
It only fits if Garrett is somehow part of the organization going forward partly because you are going back to the old Cowboy alum well. So you keep Moore, maybe Garrett hangs around as an offensive consultant (LOL) while Zimmer, who has a significant overlap with Garrett's playing days, coaches the team and revamps the defense. That would be one of the most Jerry coaching moves I could imagine.
. . .
PatAg
AG
. . . said:

That quote means nothing
k20dub
AG

BMX Bandit
I'm not advocating to hire him because don't think his heart is in it, but Cowboys with Kubiak's zone block running attack/boot leg pass game would be fun to watch.
bilbobag
Kubiak loves coaching and why he's in Minnesota.

He has a desire to coach. His health and his wife's Rhonda worry for his health is the biggest reason he hasn't taken a head coaching job. His family knows he will push himself too hard. I can't count how many times he slept at NRG.

When Kubes had his TIA during the Texans game is the day Rhonda said she will never see her husband like that again.
mAgnoliAg
mts6175
AG
My understanding is Kubiak is no longer willing to accept a head coaching job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.