Tight End Situation

1,028 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Strategy
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am 8-2, have clinched a playoff spot, and I am first in PF but only lead by 16. I have Evan Engram on a bye and have heard his injury may nag him for a bit...this week I am playing a team that is, frankly, not good. I am projected to beat them by 15 without a TE in right now. With how bleak things are at TE I am debating whether I should pick up a tight end or not. Here is what my roster looks like:
QB - Mahomes, Brees
RB - CMC, Zeke, Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde, Tony Pollard
WR - Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Christian Kirk, John Brown
TE - Evan Engram
D/ST - Eagles and Ravens
K - Zane Gonzalez

The TEs are Witten, OJ Howard, Mike Gesicki, Dallas Goedert, Noah Fant, Darren Fells, Kyle Rudolph...just a real crapshoot.

I have thought about dropping Pollard or one of the last two WRs. What do y'all think?
Smoke-N-Mirrors
AG
Tried trading for one yet?
Saint Pablo
Smoke-N-Mirrors said:

Tried trading for one yet?
Idiot commissioner moved the trade deadline up this year...it was last Wednesday
ORAggieFan
You have two QBs and two Ds. Drop Brees or a D and get a TE.
Saint Pablo
ORAggieFan said:

You have two QBs and two Ds. Drop Brees or a D and get a TE.
The defenses set me up perfectly for the playoffs. Week 13-15, Philly has MIA, NYG, WSH and week 14-16 Baltimore has BUF, NYJ, CLE.

Don't love the idea of dropping Brees either...he is a top end QB and I could use him for Mahomes' week 12 bye.
ORAggieFan
Then drop Pollard. No one picks him up, pick him back up next week if you insist on the handcuff.

You have a ton of options that are better than playing no TE.
Smoke-N-Mirrors
AG
I would say Carlos Hyde is droppable for you if you need to pick up a TE.
He has some very tough run D's to close out the year
Saint Pablo
Probably going to drop Eagles D and hope no one picks them up...they have some crappy matchups until week 13. Which TE would you guys add?
AtlAg05
AG
I was in same boat last week and dropped Hyde for Jared Cook from NO. He didn't score but got a lot of targets. Is he available?
Saint Pablo
Nope. The guys I listed and Tyler Eifert are the only viable options...that is why I have a hard time dropping someone. Odds are I will get 1.4 points from some bum for a week and won't need him again.
Smoke-N-Mirrors
AG
Witten has a decent matchup this week and is usually good for 7ish points.
Ross Dwelley is a good one week option if Kittle is out again, they play Arizona and he got 7 targets on Monday
Ag_07
AG
I like Fells

He's got 6 TDs with a couple weeks of multiple TDs.

As Watson and the Texans have found their stride in offense he's emerged as a nice TE option.
W
AG
I like Noah Fant
mike_ags_fan12
I just lost Hooper for 4 weeks.

Available TEs are Fells, Fant, Witten and Rudolph.
Saint Pablo
W said:

I like Noah Fant
That's who I went with. He is great in terms of air yards and seems to have a good bit of upside
oh no
AG
i will need a TE by next week for Kelce's week 12 bye... been thinking about this for weeks, but hadn't prioritized it enough... failed at waivers for a few guys and failed at pulling off a trade last week... going to sit tight for now and then probably have to drop Cousins to pick up Gesicki or Goedert or Ryan Griffin or maybe Rhett Ellison (if he's back from concussion and Engram is still out) or possibly Delaine Walker or Jonnu Smith if one is hurt and one is healthy for one week. ...but same position as OP: 1st place and likely projected to win without a TE in week 12.
k20dub
AG
Trying to figure out what to do with Hooper. I have Kittle so I'm fine at tight end, but I also don't want to waste a roster spot, if he's not going to come back until Fantasy Playoffs start (at best). There's also a chance he plays it safe and sits the rest of the year as he will be a Free Agent.

I'm 5-5 right now, so don't really have the luxury to just stash him away. Thought I might trade him to one of the first place teams, but they are set at TE.

Squirrel Master
AG
Maybe a topic for a seperate thread, but Brees gets terrible as the season goes along and his arm wears out. You should drop him and pick up another QB if you want to be prepared for Mahomes bye. Look at the past couple years - his drop offs in production in November and December is dramatic. He looked terrible this past game.
Ranger222
AG
Surprised Hollister (SEA TE) isn't a part of these conversations....I would add him before a lot of these names
oh no
AG
someone has him in my 12 team league... i'm seriously going to have to look at Gesicki for week 12
Strategy
AG
Ranger222 said:

Surprised Hollister (SEA TE) isn't a part of these conversations....I would add him before a lot of these names

I snagged him and really looking forward to seeing what that guy does. He's a talent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.