Which defense this week?

995 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Txhuntr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've had the Steelers for several weeks, but didn't like the matchup last week. I streamed the Rams D last week, and now have both available this week. Should I start Pit vs Cincy or LAR vs Chi? They both have favorable matchups.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Well Pitt is playing Cleveland.

I have Pitt but would start LAR if I had them but don't waive Pitt their schedule sets up good for the playoffs
Txhuntr
AG
Yeah sorry, Cincy next week sandwiched between cle games. Still a favorable matchup. Definitely not dropping pit for the playoff run because of who they face those weeks.
dreyOO
I've got the Ravens, niners and panther defenses. Leaning Niners although they didn't do well vs AZ last time

Any advice appreciated
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
dreyOO said:

I've got the Ravens, niners and panther defenses. Leaning Niners although they didn't do well vs AZ last time

Any advice appreciated

Advice:
Drop a defense.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
dreyOO said:

Any advice appreciated

I agree, go with the Niners. Also, you shouldn't have three defenses.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CrazyAgE
I have 3 defenses as well. When there is literally nothing left on your waiver wire, then you might as well setup the final 6 weeks with defenses, at least for the time being. I have my defenses setup with a top 5 favorable matchup each of these next 6 weeks. Should some mouth watering guy pop up on the waiver wire, then I will entertain dropping one for him. But from what I have seen out there, there is no one on our WW close to what I already have in my lineup
oh no
AG
Pitt has favorable matchups from here on out through the FF playoffs, so i'm thinking about dropping my other Defense - Minnesota - but i might wait one more week and start MIN this week - home vs DEN - their last good matchup of the year.

Pitt @ CLE is a great match up this week too though.
EliteZags
AG
I'm trying to decide if Pitt is too hot to bench for even Buffalo @Mia
ac04
i have never seen anyone carry 3 defenses. ever.
W
AG
EliteZags said:

I'm trying to decide if Pitt is too hot to bench for even Buffalo @Mia
same here.

the Dolphins are not hemorrhaging fantasy points to defenses recently.

Indy scored 8 points last week.

NYJ defense scored 6 points in week 9
Ranger222
AG
Pittsburgh going to be one of the top defenses down the stretch...pass rush is just too good no matter opponent. Would not be scared to play them against almost anyone

oh no
AG
....soo..... PIT @CLE or MIN vs DEN?

because if I'm not going to start MIN this week, i'm dropping them.. was going to drop them next week anyway...
Ranger222
AG
Ugh honestly a toss-up for me....still think I side with Pitt because they may see more passing opportunities and plays ( = increased chances at sacks and interceptions) over Minnesota....both Vikings and Broncos may just run the ball and won't be able to accumulate points unless the Broncos score 0-13 points
TASAG18
AG
I find it hard to sit the Pitt D considering how good they've been since Week 4.
dreyOO
CrazyAgE said:

I have 3 defenses as well. When there is literally nothing left on your waiver wire, then you might as well setup the final 6 weeks with defenses, at least for the time being. I have my defenses setup with a top 5 favorable matchup each of these next 6 weeks. Should some mouth watering guy pop up on the waiver wire, then I will entertain dropping one for him.

Same. I expected to drop a weak link after a few weeks, but I haven't needed too. In fact, I have had the luxury of holding them on my bench while my main competitor has no solid D. No way I'll give him a shot at mine.
Strategy
AG
I've got the Steelers and Bears defenses.

Leaning Steelers but the Bears have the underwhelming Rams this week vs Steelers and Browns.

Thoughts?
mAgnoliAg
AG
dreyOO said:

CrazyAgE said:

I have 3 defenses as well. When there is literally nothing left on your waiver wire, then you might as well setup the final 6 weeks with defenses, at least for the time being. I have my defenses setup with a top 5 favorable matchup each of these next 6 weeks. Should some mouth watering guy pop up on the waiver wire, then I will entertain dropping one for him.

Same. I expected to drop a weak link after a few weeks, but I haven't needed too. In fact, I have had the luxury of holding them on my bench while my main competitor has no solid D. No way I'll give him a shot at mine.

2 handcuffs to your top 2 RBs would be more worthy of a roster spot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.