Advice for trying to trade away Saquon?

752 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ranger222
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm at 5-5 in my half PPR 12-team league and currently in 6th place (last spot for playoffs).

So at this point every game matters and this week is looking bleak for me as both of my starting RBs (Saquon and Derrick Henry) are on a BYE.

As of right now, I have Kareem Hunt and Tarik Cohen in as my RBs, lol. Put waiver claims in for Brian Hill and Adrian Peterson.

However, given Saquon's lackluster performance last week, this X-Ray (he says he's fine), and the NYG horrific 2-8 season so far, considering trying to move him before this weekend.

I understand his value is poor right now, but he might look juicy to someone who has the playoffs locked up as the end of the Giant's schedule is a cakewalk.

Thoughts on first, should I try and move Saquon at all and if so, who should I be going after?

Rest of team: Brady, Mike Evans, J Crowder, Kirk, Jason Witten, Slye is kicker, Pats D/ST

LeSean McCoy on bench.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ranger222
AG
You might get a stronger bite on Henry to be honest...you have to remember that your perception of a player is probably similar to your trade partners...if you think he sucks so does your trade partner. That might limit your return.

Henry is coming off a big game and Titans' offense is improving...you might get more return and still have Barkley's upside out of the bye.
BenFiasco14
AG
Ranger222 said:

You might get a stronger bite on Henry to be honest...you have to remember that your perception of a player is probably similar to your trade partners...if you think he sucks so does your trade partner. That might limit your return.

Henry is coming off a big game and Titans' offense is improving...you might get more return and still have Barkley's upside out of the bye.
I'm willing to hear advice regarding Henry as well if you think that's the better move.

FTR, I don't think Saquon "sucks" - just worried Giants might shelf him and that he could be unhealthy - I just see his playoff schedule as attractive to some possibly
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ranger222
AG
Right I meant "sucks" in terms of being a fantasy football asset the rest of the way. Saquon is a huge question mark with loads of potential, but with Henry at least I know I'm getting 20 carriers every week.

I think an interesting proposed trade would be Henry for a TE like Ertz or Hunter Henry. Just not many consistent TEs to chose from. Kelce probably too high in value. Not sure injury status of Kittle? Hooper would have been a good target but he is hurt now too. Who knows, if they're interested they may come back and counter with Saquon instead of Henry thinking they are about to get the better of you -- and thats the player you wanted to part with anyway. Win-win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.