Commissioner Rant

1,776 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Longhorn Nation
JoeAggie5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So my wife's family wanted to start a fantasy league, this is year 4 of the league. They asked me to start it, 3 out of the 12 people that do it had prior fantasy experience, the rest had zero. I set it up to be basic, simple, keep everyone engaged so we don't lose the wives' interest. Had issues since the beginning and I'm ready to just be done with it....

Year 1 - Why are people allowed to trade, spouses are trading to make one team better (thanks, I'll reject trade)....It's still happening (okay removed option to trade)

Year 2 - Why are some teams playing easier teams more than once? (There's a 13 week schedule, with 12 teams, so yeah that's going to happen)....but that's not fair (I don't know what to tell you, I'm not going to manually set the schedule, and it's not like we know who will be good to start the year)

Year 3 - People wanted trades back (okay majority rules).....these trades aren't fair (okay our rule is now if 4 people reject it, it won't be approved so get 3 other people and you're fine)....will you do it? (no, i have no issue with the trade and not my job to recruit people for an issue you have). Teams playing easier teams twice brought up again

Year 4 (this year) - I send out email saying no trades anymore, and with 12 teams, we'll do 11 week regular season, everyone plays each other once. Does any have an issue with this? (crickets for the gallery)

NOW my dip#### brother-in-law (married my wife's sister) is crying a river about not enough games, teams on bye week during playoffs, etc then that brings other people out of the woodwork.

I told my wife I'm not being the commissioner anymore after this season, can't make anybody happy.

Rant over....thanks to those that read this far.
BenFiasco14
AG
With great power, comes great responsibility
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Squirrel Master
AG
Are yall playing for money? or just fun/pride/trash talking?
ORAggieFan
I hope you have a pre-nup and your wife is the breadwinner now.
oh no
AG
JoeAggie5 said:

NOW my dip#### brother-in-law (married my wife's sister) is crying a river
your sister's husband is your brother-in-law
your wife's brother is your brother-in-law
your sister-in-law's husband is NOT your brother-in-law. you're not related. at all. he's just your sister-in-law's husband. so fuuuuu... get about him.

HTH
ATM9000
AG
I Texags... so I'm really into having super stupid arguments. I quit playing fantasy football though because fantasy football arguments and dilemmas are really next level stupid when you boil it down.

I might play fantasy football again but I will never ever manage a league again... you are basically raising your hand to mediate a a bunch of stupid arguments... it is the worst. Having to follow emails, message boards, text messages and phone calls around 'fairness' in the stupid debate was just too annoying to deal with.
ORAggieFan
Three leagues and no drama in at least five years. The one league that had a little was a keeper league and some trades people didn't like (stud that couldn't be kept for injured stud that could be kept when one team is good and the other rebuilding). I couldn't imagine this level of drama.
ac04
sounds like a leadership issue. commish with authority instead of trying to please people or just don't do it. especially if these people don't have fantasy experience, why would you listen to any of them about any of this
TX_Aggie37
AG
ac04 said:

sounds like a leadership issue. commish with authority instead of trying to please people or just don't do it. especially if these people don't have fantasy experience, why would you listen to any of them about any of this
Was just about to say sounds like you were quick with the trigger on some decisions that were bad for the league. Like no trades... wtf. As Julius Campbell once said "attitude reflect leadership"
AgEng06
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

ac04 said:

Was just about to say sounds like you were quick with the trigger on some decisions that were bad for the league. Like no trades... wtf. As Julius Campbell once said "attitude reflect leadership"
Hey...so.. um
Not to dogpile, well maybe, but it seems you are not very good at being commissioner and should let someone else fill that role.
CapCityAg89
AG
oh no said:

JoeAggie5 said:

NOW my dip#### brother-in-law (married my wife's sister) is crying a river
your sister's husband is your brother-in-law
your wife's brother is your brother-in-law
your sister-in-law's husband is NOT your brother-in-law. you're not related. at all. he's just your sister-in-law's husband. so fuuuuu... get about him.

HTH

Wait?! Is this true?! Thank God - now I don't have to claim those dip****s. Oh. And my wife's brothers have lousy taste too. I don't have to claim the meth-head or the "my kids are brilliant so let me talk to you about them all the time" second wife. NICE!!
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Starting playoffs on week 12 is a major issue. Week 13 is bad enough. If they are mad about schedules then maybe do divisions that would eliminate that slightly. Outside of that then I tend to agree it is up to the commissioner to have things run smoothly and fairly. People complain. Tell them that is how fantasy football is an they don't have to play if they don't want to.
Longhorn Nation
JoeAggie5 said:

NOW my dip#### brother-in-law (married my wife's sister) is crying a river about not enough games, teams on bye week during playoffs, etc then that brings other people out of the woodwork.
Your wife's brother-in-law sounds like the kind of fool that paints himself into the corner then whines that there's not a door there. I'm assuming the rules & schedule were laid out before the draft? How many teams are in this family league that requires you to have 4 weeks of playoffs? (Week 12 is the last one w/byes, right? Fantasy Bowl = Week 16?)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.