NFL Survivor League Discussion

1,238 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boy09
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted to get a thread started to discuss people's thoughts on who to pick each week for their survivor picks.

I'm in the middle of my first ever survivor league and surprisingly am still alive. The league started out with 201 entries and now its down to 33. My picks up to now look like this:

Week 1 - Seahawks over Bengals
Week 2 - Ravens over Cardinals
Week 3 - Cowboys over Dolphins
Week 4 - Chargers over Dolphins
Week 5 - Eagles over Jets
Week 6 - Patriots over Giants
Week 7 - Bills over Dolphins
Week 8 - Vikings over Redskins
Week 9 - 49ers over Cardinals

This week there aren't a ton of good options. The 2 that stick out for me are Indy at home vs Miami and New Orleans at home vs Atlanta. Baltimore on the road vs Cincy could also be an option but I've already used Baltimore.

The big question for Indy is the status of Jacoby Brissett. Reports today are that he practiced on a limited basis. That is a good sign for him to play Sunday. If Hoyer is playing instead of Brissett, the decision is easy to pick New Orleans.

The betting lines for this week's games are:

I'd like to pick Indy this week since there probably aren't any spots coming up to use them again. Also being able to stash New Orleans for future weeks is a nice safety valve.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG
My future picks look something like this assuming I roll with Indy this week:

Week 10 - Indy over Miami
Week 11 - New Orleans over @Tampa Bay
Week 12 - Cleveland over Miami
Week 13 - Carolina over Washington
Week 14 - Green Bay over Washington
Week 15 - Kansas City over Denver
Week 16 - Detroit over @Denver
Week 17 - LA Rams over @Arizona

Week 16 and 17 I don't like.

For week 16 other options include Houston over @Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh over @NY Jets.

For week 17, that's pretty impossible to plan for because you just don't know who will care about that game based on who has clinched playoff spots, but the Rams are a pretty decent option that late. Houston at home vs Tennessee is also an option.
Matsui
AG
Just worry about getting thru week by week. Week 17 doesn't matter at this point. Your 2 options you chose are definitely the best options. Nola is the "safer" choice.
boy09
AG
Matsui said:

Just worry about getting thru week by week. Week 17 doesn't matter at this point. Your 2 options you chose are definitely the best options. Nola is the "safer" choice.
All of this. There aren't really any GREAT spots to use NO beyond this week imo. Some ok matchups, but definitely not any locks.

New Orleans seems like the "safest" play this week, so i'm using them in the 2 pools where i still have them available. I'm only taking Indy in the pool where i've already burned NO.

survivorgrid.com is a great resource that i use. Just makes it easier to visualize everything that's going on.
toucan82
Stupid Saints
bearkatag15
AG
I ended up going with New Orleans since Brissett was ruled out today.
Mr.Bond
AG
**** new Orleans
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bregxit
AG
We had 21 left coming in to today...

10 went down with NO
1 went down with KC
2 won with BAL (I had this one)
7 have IND
1 has GB
Bregxit
AG
And CAR inexplicably goes for 2...
Bregxit
AG
7 more down thanks to IND!
spanky
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I ended up going with New Orleans since Brissett was ruled out today.

Wouldn't have mattered. You made the right call...hoyer the ultimate loser did his thing
boy09
AG
Easy to look back now and say never take road teams in divisional games in survivor pools. But I still thought the Saints were a safe pick this week... Oh well.
ORAggieFan
boy09 said:

Easy to look back now and say never take road teams in divisional games in survivor pools. But I still thought the Saints were a safe pick this week... Oh well.

Especially since the Saints were home.
boy09
AG
Oh crap, were they? Nevermind then, makes the loss even worse. I don't know why i thought they were in Atlanta.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.