Should I make a move for Watson

1,130 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Coppell97
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
normally don't entertain trading for QB's, but could it make sense in this case?

12 team non ppr

QB(1): Brees, Stafford
RB(2): David Johnson, Fournette, MGordon, Singletary, Ronald Jones(picking up with #1 priority to be able to deal Singletary)
WR(3): OBJ, Hilton, AJ Green, Watkins, Josh Gordon
Flx(1)
TE(1): Andrews, Hockenson

I see QB as my roster's biggest potential for improvement, started with Cam and bad streaming making me climb out of a 2-5 hole to fight for a playoff spot which I'm on track for now, picked up Brees midway through his injury and Stafford's been great for me lately but I'd prefer him as a high caliber insurance policy

thinking about offering Brees and Singletary for Watson, who's owner happens to be a big fan of Brees and expressed interest in Singletary preseason, and his value finally spiked

tryin to build peak playoff lineup but I still do need wins now and trading Singletary would mean having to play Jones at least 2 weeks to cover byes, but ideally would need neither for playoffs
I just want Watson's weekly matchup winning upside with the air/ground TD's and bad Texans D
should I make the move?

W
AG
with Brees & Stafford...you'll be able to start a QB twice vs. the Falcons and twice vs. the Bucs...from weeks 10 thru 15. Great matchups.

I might look at staying with Brees, but trading Stafford (his value is very high right now) for help at WR in case A.J. Green doesn't come back from injury
Goldie Wilson
Target a WR instead
Smoke-N-Mirrors
AG
Don't do it this week. Watson is on bye and Brees has a great matchup that should see him put up over 25 pts
EliteZags
AG
Dan 07 said:

Target a WR instead

well I was gonna wait til next week to put out the offer for Watson and just threw out a few lines in the meantime and surprisingly got Michael Thomas for Green and Singletary, good deal for me right? only thing is I'll have to hope for a couple W's starting Ronald Jones wks 10 and 12 but strengthens my playoff lineup if I can get there
Saint Pablo
EliteZags said:

Dan 07 said:

Target a WR instead

well I was gonna wait til next week to put out the offer for Watson and just threw out a few lines in the meantime and surprisingly got Michael Thomas for Green and Singletary, good deal for me right? only thing is I'll have to hope for a couple W's starting Ronald Jones wks 10 and 12 but strengthens my playoff lineup if I can get there
That is a steal. You got a top 4 WR for a WR who hasn't played a down this year and a low end RB2
EliteZags
AG
Green now out indefinitely wow made out like bandit seemingly here
started throwing out feeler trade offers when I saw him downgraded to day2day cause I needed a start this week, super lucky to catch one literally yesterday and to the commish too so it processed immediately
Coppell97
AG
Most guys that drafted Watson probably aren't willing to trade him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.