#1 Waiver Claim

955 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HouseDivided06
Floyd Falcon Sr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have #1 waiver claim in first place of a league (2-0) Currently I have George Kittle and Vance Mcdonald at TE. Mark Andrews is available, and I'm leaning toward burning my claim on him. Would allow me to trade a TE or just have depth.

I just worry about something like my RB1 getting hurt and not being able to get the backup guaranteed. Thoughts?
SoTxAg
AG
With two te's on your roster, i'd personally wait till there was more of a need at a position.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Who would you pick up instead? Does waiver priority reset every week based on standings or do you keep 1 until you pick someone up. Is McLaurin or Hardman/Robinson available?
Daddy-O5
AG
I don't give away my #1 claim easily and I think Kittle will breakout soon enough and be consistent. I'm with SoTx, I hang onto the spot.
ac04
definitely wouldn't blow it on another TE. i wouldn't even carry a second TE if i owned kittle.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Who would you pick up instead? Does waiver priority reset every week based on standings or do you keep 1 until you pick someone up. Is McLaurin or Hardman/Robinson available?
I have #1 waiver until I use it. I don't want to burn it on someone that won't be consistently producing at end of season so not really liking idea of the WR3/4 on chiefs. Mclaurin is gone or I'd consider him. Thought with Andrews is he could be Top 5 going forward and even if he is on my bench, it's better than playing against him. Or I could trade Kittle for a top 10-15 WR option and roll with andrews
ac04
why would someone trade for a TE when guys like andrews are floating around on the wire
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
ac04 said:

why would someone trade for a TE when guys like andrews are floating around on the wire
he's the only one. That's the point - if I claim him there are 3 or 4 teams starting a scrub.
ac04
i understand, my point is that perhaps this league doesn't value TE much for whatever reason which is why he's available at all. in that scenario its difficult to trade them away. it would be frustrating to burn the #1 waiver and then find out nobody is willing to give you anything of value for a TE.

in a vacuum, yes he's probably worth it. with your roster and the limited info available about this league, i'm not sure.

you could send out some "reach" offers of kittle for a very good WR to the teams that are hurting right now. that should tell you quite a bit about how they'd likely value andrews. if they accept, sweet, you got a good WR and you can grab andrews. if they balk, maybe don't burn the waiver priority.
gigem1223
I just lost Gallup. Would y'all use #2 waiver position on Demarcus Robinson or Randall Cobb?
TX_Aggie37
AG
It would be tough to trade a TE without adding a sweetener I think. If it doesn't reset every week I would probably save it. Kittle will end up a goon as usual.

Edit to add - that said it could be nice to have a second TE to play matchups and I think Andrews is far better than Vance now. And who knows, I just had someone offer me a package including Julio Jones for Andrews and Mark Ingram...
HouseDivided06
AG
Who else do you have at WR?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.