Vetoing A Trade

1,244 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggietony2010
AggieDub25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tuesday I received a trade offer of James Connor for Antonio Brown. I accepted immediately because I didn't want AB on my team (team was auto drafted).

Wednesday rolls around and news breaks of the sexual assault allegations. The trade was accepted 26 hours before the news broke. The guy who offered me the trade then went around getting people to veto it. He ultimately got enough votes because you have 5 days to vote a trade down.

I'm one who believes you accept the consequences of the trades you make. I'm curious what you guys think? Im not real happy about it considering he just traded Connor off to someone else.
cisgenderedAggie
Rename your team after his wife vagina since he seems to think it's open for ****ing over.

And make sure to post that on your team's message board.
ORAggieFan
That's trash. There's zero reason for a veto. Five days is stupid as well.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Considering that the largest gap between games in a given week is only two days, the 5-day review window might be one of the weirdest (dumbest?) things ever.

Also, vetoing trades is for *******.
GCP12
AG
I would be pissed
Saint Pablo
Collusion is the only reason to veto. Dumb trades or things like that shouldn't be. Ever.
Ag_07
AG
I'd quit. Just bench everyone the rest of the year.

Seriously that's such BS.
ac04
league voting on trades is a really terrible/stupid idea for many, many reasons. this is a great example of why it doesn't work.
Azariah
AG
Five days is ridiculous. People need to pay attention to their alerts or not get *****y if some trade goes down.

Dude is a tool as well.
Piag95
Give us some details bout this league like:
$ involved
What's your relationship with these guys
How long has this league been in existence
AggieDub25
$50 entrance fee.
It's a mixture of family members and friends of family.
This is the 4th year of existence. I've won it 2 of the 3 years with last year being the year I didn't because my team was killed by injuries.
The guy involved in the trade isn't a family member.
ac04
commissioner is the only person who should have veto power, and it should only be used for collusion. ridiculous that you trust this person to hold $500-600 for the season, but don't trust their judgement enough to rule fairly on questionable trades. awful rule.
Ranger222
AG
Bad.
Piag95
I'd play out the year and try and win. When next year rolls around propose the rule change. If it's voted down, get out of the league.
AggieDub25
This is my last year in this league regardless. I won't be in a league if I get screwed out of money.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Find the person in th league that most people dislike and keep trading them all your best players, like 10 trades a day.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ac04 said:

league voting on trades is a really terrible/stupid idea for many, many reasons. this is a great example of why it doesn't work.
agreed.

I've been commish several times and while I think review of trades, and dealing with member complaints of uneven trades around them is part of it you absolutely NEVER have a league where the members can vote to veto. Should be commish decision only.
BenFiasco14
AG
That guy sounds like a straight up DBAG. And the people who went along with it are little *****es.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
aggietony2010
AG
Commissioner either needs to force the trade through or you need to go scorched Earth on this league. If they aren't gonna let it be fair & competitive, make sure that it isn't.
God save the Patriarchy!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.