#1 Waiver Prior Priority

1,165 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Floyd Falcon Sr
Blindside05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So after the waiver ran last night, I currently have the #1 priority. I noticed a couple dumb managers in my league dropped some players of intrigue. One dropped Baker and the other dropped Ronald Jones.

This is a 14 team ppr league. My current QB is Stafford and my RB are Ingram White Ekeler Breida and Ito Smith. Should i use my #1 priority to pick up either Baker or Jones? or neither and see if one makes it through waivers
W
AG
I wouldn't use the #1 waiver on Ronald Jones. RB's look good and Ito Smith is a sneaky player on the bench. Freeman was bad last week vs. the Vikings
W
AG
regarding Baker...the Lions have an early bye --- week 5.

Stafford's schedule the next 3 weeks looks friendly with the Chargers, Eagles, and Chiefs.

but the defenses in the NFC North looked very good in week 1. And he will have 6 matchups vs. the Bears, Packers, and Vikings down the line.

would lean toward using it on Baker, but not an easy decision in a 14-team league
EliteZags
AG
I hold #1 waiver for a true can't miss pickup, ie last year Amari Cooper was dropped at his low point before Cowboys trade
lunchbox
EliteZags said:

I hold #1 waiver for a true can't miss pickup, ie last year Amari Cooper was dropped at his low point before Cowboys trade
This brings up a good question. Does your league reset the waiver order each week? Or do you have #1 until you use it?
Squirrel Master
AG
I wouldn't be racing to get a back who is in a timeshare in that offense. Jones isn't anything special and that offense is a mess. He's a desperation play only, but I guess in a deep league he is maybe rosterable.
Blindside05
AG
lunchbox said:

EliteZags said:

This brings up a good question. Does your league reset the waiver order each week? Or do you have #1 until you use it?

#1 til I use it.... only reason I'm considering using it is bc the free agent pool is extremely thin.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
Blindside05 said:

lunchbox said:

EliteZags said:

#1 til I use it.... only reason I'm considering using it is bc the free agent pool is extremely thin.

If you get 6 points per passing TD then I would probably pick up baker, Otherwise I'd hold on to that until a RB gets hurt or something and their backup is available,

Though in a 14 team league the best handcuffs are already taken. Also - QB gets pretty thin in a 14 team league - even if some don't roster two of them. the more I think about it the more I'm thinking just grab Baker
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.