Another year that ESPN MNF will be unwatchable

2,880 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dmart90
O'Doyle Rules
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How in the world do the producers think that Booger in the booth was ever a good idea. Or just him on the show in general. It's amazing how much easier it is to watch NBC SNF.
ac04
booger is unbelievably bad
BMX Bandit
Yet a huge improvement over Witten
txislandag86
Gotta say, Chris Collinsworth on SNF is not good.
exitone
AG
Ok, so I'[m not the only one that thought Booger was horrible.
Admittedly, I didn't listen to the entire game (I could only stand about four drives), but Booger was horrible. I think they had a problem with their mic levels where Booger was louder than everyone else, but he was still horrible.
ac04
BMX Bandit said:

Yet a huge improvement over Witten
not sure i agree
Bunk Moreland
Booger personality wise is fine and appeals to the masses. He just gets confused/jumbled up or falls behind at times and then the points he goes to make fall flat.

Witten was the sports broadcaster version of the "Boom goes the dynamite" guy.
boy09
AG
txislandag86 said:

Gotta say, Chris Collinsworth on SNF is not good.
Am i the only person that doesn't mind Collinsworth? He's kind of annoying, but he knows his stuff. Al Michaels is the tough one to listen to in that duo imo.
Bunk Moreland
Here's a guyyyyyyyyy......that actually likes Chris Collinsworth.
Ranger222
AG
Booger sounded more appealing when you also heard Witten. Less so now that Witten is gone. The weird graphics and prepackaged stats or storylines they do also look so bad. Whole thing needs a major overhaul.

Curious how much they offered Peyton to do it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Booger is terrible. Written was bad, but I think Booger made it worse. Really bad combo
GCP12
AG
Play by play guys and booth analysts have lower approval ratings than Congress. Does anyone like any booth analysts or play by play guys? It's wild
Ranger222
AG
Tess is a good play-by-play guy. I think he plays himself up a bit more than he used to now that he is on MNF, which is unfortunate, but he was really good when he did College Football.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Not a fan of Booger.

Honestly I'd love for them to give Herby and Fowler that Monday night game in addition to their weekly college game.

definitely in addition and not instead of*

I know prep and travel for 2 games would be a challenge for them but even at 10% knowledge of the teams MNF involved they'd be better than anything MNF has put out recently.
ElephantRider
AG
Tessitore is the problem for me. Can't stand that guy
W
AG
this may be blasphemy...but I thought Tess and Booger in the booth last night...were fairly decent. Quite a bit better than last year
mike_ags_fan12
Louis Riddick and Brian Griese were pretty good the other night.
PatAg
AG
Ranger222 said:

Booger sounded more appealing when you also heard Witten. Less so now that Witten is gone. The weird graphics and prepackaged stats or storylines they do also look so bad. Whole thing needs a major overhaul.

Curious how much they offered Peyton to do it.
I think both Witten and Booger would have benefited from not being forced to call games together. That decision made no sense
BigHitterDaLama
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Louis Riddick and Brian Griese were pretty good the other night.

Riddick flat out knows football....x's and o's and front office...and he spits the truth.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Booger was good, he called the Watson TD. Although I still don't like the guy.
NoahAg
Real MNF = Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf, and Frank Gifford
htxag09
AG
Am I the only one that thought the new color scheme for the score, timeouts, down and distance, etc. was terrible?

One, the ugly ass yellowish green almost made it look like something was wrong with my TV.

Two, after every play the down and distance would flash to the new down and distance and the color pops as though a flag was thrown.
expresswrittenconsent
htxag09 said:

Am I the only one that thought the new color scheme for the score, timeouts, down and distance, etc. was terrible?

One, the ugly ass yellowish green almost made it look like something was wrong with my TV.

Two, after every play the down and distance would flash to the new down and distance and the color pops as though a flag was thrown.
you're definitely not the only one. They changed it on the fly at half of the NOLA game from that yellow down/distance marker to a black one that didnt look like a penalty indicator based on social media complaints.
Ranger222
AG
I'm honestly perplexed on how ESPN is running MNF....from the graphics to the announcers...its like it is being run by people who don't watch or care about football.
Ag_07
AG
Am I the only one who doesn't mind Booger?

He doesn't offer up anything on the personality side like Gruden did but he seemed to know his stuff and be ahead of quite a few things.

I think overall he's not bad.
stick95
AG
I actually like most of the commentators in football. I guess that I am not angry enough.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
TXAG 05
AG
stick95 said:

I actually like most of the commentators in football. I guess that I am not angry enough.

This. I guess I just don't pay enough attention to the announcers or something, but I've never had the problems with them that so many posters on here have.

Also, count me in as another who thought there was a penalty flag every time the changed the down
Olsen
AG
ESPN needs to move Tessitore back to calling college football games.
dmart90
AG
NoahAg said:

Real MNF = Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf, and Frank Gifford

Try Howard Cosell and Dandy Don...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.