***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,548 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Garrett is gone barring some miracle to close out this stretch.

This team has talent. The talent is NOT overrated imho. Personnel wise, its a top 4 team in the league imho. Dak is actually playing really well. Romo usually played really well. The one constant on that sideline to them not winning titles.....Garrett. Its just unfortunate that Garrett was the coach when Romo was around. Romo possibly coulda won a title with a better leader on the sidelines.
we are lacking in some critical positions though
BMX Bandit
PatAg said:

BMX Bandit said:

PatAg said:

I do enjoy the Patriots CB running his mouth about "shutting down Cooper". The Cooper that is clearly playing hurt, in a game featuring torrential downpours and violently gusting wins. If there is any justice in the world, we meet them in the super bowl and Cooper torches his ass
that torrential downpour and violent gusting winds didn't stop other receivers from actually making catches and contributing to their team.

Cooper was shut down.
I guess you missed the part where he is clearly hurt, and has been for a few games.

Then he shouldn't play. (Is he ever not hurt?)

I didn't miss the part where he was shut down
BMX Bandit

Now I feel better
jr15aggie
AG
Every team is lacking one or two crucial pieces. One thing Orlando said was absolutely true... Garrett has always had a really good franchise QB his entire career in Dallas.

He's done nothing with either... completely wasted time thus far and that's a damn shame.

TyHolden
AG
Gimme Greg Roman for HC. I'm convinced.
jr15aggie
AG
DSAg44 said:

Gimme Greg Roman for HC. I'm convinced.

Just as long as he keeps Moore as the OC... remember, we don't like our Head coaches calling plays.
MooreTrucker
AG
BMX Bandit said:

PatAg said:

BMX Bandit said:

PatAg said:

I do enjoy the Patriots CB running his mouth about "shutting down Cooper". The Cooper that is clearly playing hurt, in a game featuring torrential downpours and violently gusting wins. If there is any justice in the world, we meet them in the super bowl and Cooper torches his ass
that torrential downpour and violent gusting winds didn't stop other receivers from actually making catches and contributing to their team.

Cooper was shut down.
I guess you missed the part where he is clearly hurt, and has been for a few games.

Then he shouldn't play. (Is he ever not hurt?)

I didn't miss the part where he was shut down
An odd hill to die on.....
MooreTrucker
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Now I feel better
No accountability + cover by the league office/lame acknowledgments like this = nothing will ever change.

Grapesoda2525
BMX Bandit said:

Now I feel better
I heard a rumor that bill Belichick watched film of our offensive line and said we are prone to tripping defensive lineman. He sent film into the league office and it was on the minds of referees this week.

My first thought is that was ingenious by Belichick, but it also makes me wonder why is our coaching staff never on the really smart end of one of these tactics which gives our team a better chance to win?

I guess we're all too busy following the process. Clap clap.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Now I feel better
I heard a rumor that bill Belichick watched film of our offensive line and said we are prone to tripping defensive lineman. He sent film into the league office and it was on the minds of referees this week.

My first thought is that was ingenious by Belichick, but it also makes me wonder why is our coaching staff never on the really smart end of one of these tactics which gives our team a better chance to win?

I guess we're all too busy following the process. Clap clap.
I suspect not many coaches do stuff like that, not just the Cowboys staff.
diehard03
Quote:

I suspect not many coaches do stuff like that, not just the Cowboys staff.

I think it's the opposite. This is a copy cat league and this isn't the first time this has been rumored. In fact, I think people are bringing it up about BB now because of previous rumors, the stats on tripping, and his general god status in fan's minds.

It's just confirmation bias after losing a game you should have won.
jr15aggie
AG
Bill is such a con man. If the nfl seriously relays an opposing coaches opinion to the refs before a game then the league is a sham. What a mess.

In other news, it could be worse. We gave up a 1st rounder for Cooper and were instantly a better team. The Rams gave up a kings ransom for Ramsey and continue to decline. Yikes.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Mike Periera should lose his job for getting into it with Aikman on the air. Aikman clearly knows the rules of football, and for Periera to blatantly provide cover for the zebra who threw the flag for tripping goes directly against the purpose of having a rules expert participate in the broadcasts of games.

Anyone with half a brain knew it wasn't a tripping, and there should be consequences for Periera for providing cover during that conversation with Aikman. He's lost all credibility, and rules expert or not, he's now just a shill for the referees union.

Of course, nothing will happen.
jr15aggie
AG
I think losing his job is a bit much. If I were a random fan watching the game it would have been entertaining to watch and listen to the back and forth between him and Aikman. Nothing wrong with disagreeing.

We are pissed because we are/were emotionally attached to the situation during an extremely frustrating season.

Probably the most frustrating season that I can think of in a really long time.
What is the point of having a rules expert who a) isn't honest, or b) doesn't know the rules?
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

every season outside of Garrett's initial half season and Dak's first year has been frustrating....
DannyDuberstein
AG
There isnt one. I said this on the game thread and I'll say it here. They need to take Perrera out behind the barn and put him down, just like CBS did to Mike Carey
expresswrittenconsent
jr15aggie said:

Bill is such a con man. If the nfl seriously relays an opposing coaches opinion to the refs before a game then the league is a sham. What a mess.

What? Coaches in all sports at every level do this.
Completely agree.
jtstanley4621
AG
In my eyes it boils down to this: You can MAYBE win another super bowl with Jerry Jones as your owner. But you will definitely NOT win a super bowl with Jason Garrett as your head coach.
ramblin_ag02
AG
People actually care about Mike Pereira? I thought everyone knew he was just a dancing clown off to the side. Every time there's a challenge they ask him what the final call will be. He always gets it wrong. Every single time. It's drinking game level hilarious at this point. He has no credibility. Him defending the tripping call then having the league office say it was wrong is par for the course for him.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Mike Pereira brngs ZERO value to the broadcast as far as I'm concerned.
It wouldn't surprise me if Aikman were suspended or relieved of his duties permanently, because he called out Mikey Rulebook on the air and embarrassed him.

Par for the course in the NFL.
ac04
what? the nfl is going to suspend a fox employee for his comments on another fox employee? in what way is this likely or "par for the course"
Ag12thman
AG
Quote:

GARRETT NEEDS TO GO.

Two years ago.
expresswrittenconsent
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Aikman were suspended or relieved of his duties permanently, because he called out Mikey Rulebook on the air and embarrassed him.

Also the ball earth theory is a lie spread by atheists.
BMX Bandit

prepare to be surprised when nothing happens to Aikman

some of you are hilarious with your conspiracy theories.
investorAg83
AG

What is the point of having a rules expert who a) isn't honest, or b) doesn't know the rules?
He's disagreed with the calls on the field a number of times this year.
Southlake
Aikman is FOX gold and a great announcer.

You only need to listen to Monday Night Football to understand how far ahead he is of the pack.
MooreTrucker
AG
Interesting that the analyst on both Fox and CBS #1 teams are former Dallas QBs.
diehard03
Aikman's a smart guy. Get someone to dress you up nice, don't be unattractive, say very basic things that everyone can see, disagree with the easy stuff and get out of there having people not remember anything bad about you. Oh, and rest on 3 Superbowl rings.

He's basically really good at not being terrible. /booger
diehard03
Quote:

In my eyes it boils down to this: You can MAYBE win another super bowl with Jerry Jones as your owner. But you will definitely NOT win a super bowl with Jason Garrett as your head coach.

It maybe impossible for the Garrett/Jones combination to be successful...but I wouldn't be shocked if Garrett won elsewhere...and the Cowboys won with someone else.
jja79
AG
I don't think they ever win another SB with a Jones in an executive position.
the last of the bohemians
Winter storm Ezekiel on the way... I take that as a good sign for this week
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

I think losing his job is a bit much. If I were a random fan watching the game it would have been entertaining to watch and listen to the back and forth between him and Aikman. Nothing wrong with disagreeing.

We are pissed because we are/were emotionally attached to the situation during an extremely frustrating season.

I would submit that he shouldn't have a job, and that he contributes nothing of value to any broadcast he is ever on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.