***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,512 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's pray that Jerruh gets drunk in a bar tonight and tells Garrett that 50 other coaches could win with this team, like he wrongly did with jimmy johnson.
Grapesoda2525 said:

Garrett, Jerry, and our star players should take some shots at the refs and rack up some fines. We shouldn't have to take this garbage.

Exactly what do you mean? Go shoot them after the game? Play with intent to injure them? I'm interested in your further coaching theory.
Grapesoda2525
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Garrett, Jerry, and our star players should take some shots at the refs and rack up some fines. We shouldn't have to take this garbage.

Exactly what do you mean? Go shoot them after the game? Play with intent to injure them? I'm interested in your further coaching theory.
Verbal shots.

Complain in press conferences. Complain on the radio. Complain in interviews.
Got it. Complain because you got your ass whipped. Weak.
Southlake
Nope GB whipped us in the trenches. To blame anything on the refs is silly. Actually, maybe not: there were some questionable calls against GB too.

Had GB not throttled back too soon, they coulda scored 50.
Confucius
Garrett mismanages his challenges, mismanages the clock, has one of the most penalized teams in the league, ices his own kicker, claps his way to defeats, has a losing record against winning teams.

The very definition of a mediocre coach, and it starts with Jerry for keeping yes-men around.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
What do you know. The Cowboys big signees Lawrence and Zeke have been absolutely worthless so far this season since getting paid. The Pat's would have let their asses go, found someone more hungry, coached them up and would be in contention for a championship.
BenFiasco14
AG
Skins just fired Gruden
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ramblin_ag02
AG
For two games we have been unable to run and unable to stop the run. Zeke has been a complete non-factor on the ground, and the defense just made a spare RB in Jones look like the second coming of Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders. That's not a good sign for a team that wants to make the playoffs and compete for a title.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saint Pablo
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

What do you know. The Cowboys big signees Lawrence and Zeke have been absolutely worthless so far this season since getting paid. The Pat's would have let their asses go, found someone more hungry, coached them up and would be in contention for a championship.
Zeke ran well yesterday...opportunities were just limited because of the hole we dug ourselves.
expresswrittenconsent
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

The Pat's would have signed a rapist WR and then looked like fools when he forced them to cut him 6 days later. I guess your flawless advice of "coach em up" is actually meaningless.
jr15aggie
AG
Here are my concerns after 5:

Run D: IMO worst in the league since the Colts figured us out last year. Abysmal, terrible, absolutely cannot win anything if it's not fixed. It's 90% scheme and coaching. The fact that they haven't figured it out and fixed it yet leads me to believe they are incapable and we're screwed.

Zeke: I can't think of a single yard he's made this year that couldn't have been made with any other back. Not a single "Only Zeke can do that" play all year. When the defender is in a good spot, Zeke goes down.

D-Law: I can see he's playing hard, but like Zeke, he's not making the plays that his salary cap number requires!

LVE: I did not like what I saw from him in pre-season and he was awful yesterday. He's had a couple good games and a couple bad games this year. Soph slump for sure.

Injuries: This team under JG has been terrible at overcoming injuries. Any starter goes down and it's like a black hole that the other team exposes over and over. On the flip side, we play teams with multiple key starters out and we can't seem to take advantage. GB kicked our ass and they had back-ups playing all over the field.

ElephantRider
AG
Further, I've seen Pollard make runs that I don't think Zeke could have made.
Macarthur
I've heard/read some say A. Woods is a really important piece to that run D. He should be back this week. Will be interesting to see if he solidifies the middle.

ramblin_ag02
AG
LVE has just been bad so far this year. I'm nearly at the point where I want Sean Lee back and LVE as the 3rd LB on run downs. Jaylon Smith has been amazing though. He's been cleaning up LVE's missed tackles all year
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

Run D: IMO worst in the league since the Colts figured us out last year. Abysmal, terrible, absolutely cannot win anything if it's not fixed. It's 90% scheme and coaching. The fact that they haven't figured it out and fixed it yet leads me to believe they are incapable and we're screwed.

Zeke: I can't think of a single yard he's made this year that couldn't have been made with any other back. Not a single "Only Zeke can do that" play all year. When the defender is in a good spot, Zeke goes down.

D-Law: I can see he's playing hard, but like Zeke, he's not making the plays that his salary cap number requires!

LVE: I did not like what I saw from him in pre-season and he was awful yesterday. He's had a couple good games and a couple bad games this year. Soph slump for sure.

Injuries: This team under JG has been terrible at overcoming injuries. Any starter goes down and it's like a black hole that the other team exposes over and over. On the flip side, we play teams with multiple key starters out and we can't seem to take advantage. GB kicked our ass and they had back-ups playing all over the field.

Solid post.

I'm not a huge fan of Dak but I think its fair to say he got lotsa pressure yesterday and of course that first INT was pretty much on Cooper. And at this point, I think Dak is capable of winning a title in Dallas but he need the team around him to play very well to do so and is unable to carry a team by any means. (Romo I think was better at carrying a team).

This team in recent years has badly failed to have a 6th versatile OL on the team like when they had Ron Leary who filled that role so so nicely back in the day.
jtstanley4621
AG
jr15aggie said:

This is why I am out on Garrett, and have been for a while. A coach is supposed to be able to elevate their team if they lose talent, and essentially any time that the Cowboys have a big time player go down they seem COMPLETELY helpless. Jason Garrett does not add anything tangible to this team, and he's not a great leader.
Ag12thman
AG
Pollard looks really good and so I don't get why they just handed the entire bank account to Elliott.
Ag12thman
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

jr15aggie said:

This is why I am out on Garrett, and have been for a while. A coach is supposed to be able to elevate their team if they lose talent, and essentially any time that the Cowboys have a big time player go down they seem COMPLETELY helpless. Jason Garrett does not add anything tangible to this team, and he's not a great leader.
This has been chiseled in stone for several years now, IMO. Agree with all.
bonfarr
AG
Jay Gruden fired today.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Ag12thman
AG
Surprised it took them that long to pull the trigger. Washington really is a mess. I can't stand them, so I love it.
bonfarr
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

LVE has just been bad so far this year. I'm nearly at the point where I want Sean Lee back and LVE as the 3rd LB on run downs. Jaylon Smith has been amazing though. He's been cleaning up LVE's missed tackles all year

Sean Lee looked terrible yesterday too, he got manhandled like a Raggedy Andy doll on one long Aaron Green run.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
DTP02
AG
Regarding the OL, playing backups at tackle obviously hurt, but the interior hasn't been as good either.

I was worried before the season about Frederick not being able to get back to 100% and I don't think he's really that close to it. I had a buddy with that condition and after 2 years he's still saying he feels like he's only 85% and isn't sure if he'll ever get the rest back. I know it's different for everyone, but it seems like most glossed over that concern.

Martin's back is still hampering him as well, and he's not his normal dominant force.

The strength of this Cowboys team, the biggest conglomeration of elite talent, is on the OL with Smith, Frederick, and Martin. All three of those guys are not only injured, but it's a strong possibility that it's the kind of injuries which could linger.

With the OL playing at a high level, Zeke is never going to be worth the cost, and Dak is going to struggle to carry the team.

It all starts upfront.

jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, Sean definitely hasn't looked great. Not terrible by any means, but his days are numbered for sure.

We'll see what this team can make of itself. Lotta football still to play. It's funny because it feels like this team could go either way... I wouldn't be shocked if we really turned it on and claim one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC... also wouldn't be surprised if we tanked and didn't even win the division after an early 2 game lead.

We'll see.
bonfarr
AG
At least Garrett showed a little fire in the second half. Hopefully that intensity shows up more often and the team takes notice.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Yeah, Sean definitely hasn't looked great. Not terrible by any means, but his days are numbered for sure.

We'll see what this team can make of itself. Lotta football still to play. It's funny because it feels like this team could go either way... I wouldn't be shocked if we really turned it on and claim one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC... also wouldn't be surprised if we tanked and didn't even win the division after an early 2 game lead.

We'll see.
It seemed to me that Thomas was playing quite a bit in the 2nd half
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

RunD : very disappointing so far. I think Covington is an upgrade and you've got to hope the rookie gets better as the year goes. That being said, we supposedly have super star LBs and it shouldn't be this bad.

Zeke: Made a couple of Zeke runs yesterday. He had a DE meet him at 4 and Zeke carried him to the goal line. He also picked up a late 3rd and 1 with virtually no blocking. Zeke is not a problem. He may be overpaid hes not in the top 5 of guys not earning their money.

Dlaw: Had some surgeries and missed a lot of time. I think he looked better yesterday and should get stronger.

LVE: Drank a lot of koolaid. Hes making a lot of tackles but anytime the run defense is this bad you have to look at the LBs.

Injuries: I think every team suffers when key guys go down. If you think other coached magically make the backups better then you're just seeing what you want to see. GB had Bulaga out against Philly and couldn't run at all. He comes back and they are better.

The bigger problem is the starters are making mistakes. Witten fumbles. Cooper dropped pass. Byron Jones getting torched. These guys are not supposed to let you down.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
ElephantRider
AG
Why do I have to love football so much, while also being a fan of A&M and the Cowboys?
Saint Pablo
jr15aggie
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I love Bush
PatAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Need to watch the running game with a more critical eye if you really think this. Personally, I wouldn't have paid him for a similar reason, in that the difference between what Zeke can do and a Pollard can do is not worth the gigantic amount of money we paid. Especially when you factor in what we could spend the money on instead, in theory (better safety or DL)
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke has fought and gotten some tough yards. It's not all on him. But he has gotten out into space a few times this season and been taken down. He's getting 10 yards on plays that he should be busting out for 15-20+ yard chunk plays.

He's not making that LB or safety miss... he's not creating any extra yards with his talent, which is exactly what we are paying for.

YouBet
AG
Jerry with the kiss of death today.
Ag12thman
AG
YouBet said:

What did he say? I missed it. Publicly backed Garrett, I assume?
JAggie2007
AG
YouBet said:

Context?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.