***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,532 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First those of you saying yes, what kind of deal do you think he gets?
BMX Bandit
4 years $58mm
bonfarr
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

First those of you saying yes, what kind of deal do you think he gets?

I think the issue is the 2 recent deals that set the market rate. Gurley got a new deal for 4 years $60 million with 45 guaranteed last year and Stephen Jones made the mistake of stating in a interview that his contract likely set the starting point for Zeke. Since them Leveon Bell signed a new deal of 4 years $52.5 million with 27 guaranteed. Now the Cowboys are saying that deal reset the market so they likely offered something closer to that.

Zeke wants more than Gurley got. The Joneses should STFU when asked about contract extensions.

Zeke, Dak, and Cooper all have offers putting them in top 5 for their position on the table.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BMX Bandit
Top 5 offer for Zeke doesn't mean much given that would be $8mm/year
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Top 5 offer for Zeke doesn't mean much given that would be $8mm/year

Based on Stephen's recent comments it sounds like their offer was close to Bell's deal and the issue is the difference in guaranteed money between Bell and Gurley's deal.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
gigem1223
Just listening to reports from practice and it sounds like Maher may be a problem. He missed a 32 yd fg yesterday. Matt Bryant anyone?
jr15aggie
AG
Yes, kicker is a problem right now.

The good news is the second there is a better kicker on the market we can sign them without any second thoughts. They don't have to learn anything, be a locker room guy, etc.... just kick!
rsf0626
Missing game checks will be painful...i seriously doubt he'll miss any games.
Saint Pablo
I doubt he misses games. Is he saying he wants to be paid close to what Gurley makes or more?
ac04
he wants gurley's deal, cowboys want bell's deal.
investorAg83
AG
ac04 said:

Yep and I don't see Dallas flinching much from what they've offered.
Saint Pablo
investorAg83 said:

ac04 said:

Yep and I don't see Dallas flinching much from what they've offered.
Good. The Gurley deal is horrible.
BMX Bandit
It's going to much closer to Gurley than Bell
bonfarr
AG
BMX Bandit said:

It's going to much closer to Gurley than Bell

Agreed, Dallas will have to increase his guaranteed money to $35 million or more which means he will be a Cowboy for at least 4 more years.
Grapesoda2525
Just looked at the schedule.

How many games do you guys think the hated joe buck will announce for us this year?

I'm hoping 5 or less. You could cross off any non- fox games and probably all noon fox games. I really don't like it when we get the buck / aikman crew.

Sunday night is the best.
twilly
AG
Heads up, AT&T and CBS have ended their spat. Looks like no issues for watching the game this Saturday.
Rossko
AG
Poor man's Kamara? Sign me up!

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/08/07/hardwork-opportunity-rookie-rb-tony-pollard-hasbecome-exciting-player-cowboys-training-camp
Saint Pablo
This is kind of interesting...I think we are surrounding him with enough to keep him from becoming what Dalton is, but I don't think he can take us to a SB
Macarthur
I disagree. I'm a TCU fan so I like me some Dalton, but Dak is better in almost every way. I think he's way off.

THis is a perfect example of why stats don't tell the whole story.
Macarthur
Rossko said:

Poor man's Kamara? Sign me up!

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/08/07/hardwork-opportunity-rookie-rb-tony-pollard-hasbecome-exciting-player-cowboys-training-camp

Pollard is looking good.

I'm also reading that, while it's hard to judge now due to not full contact, the defense is looking good and flying all over the field, esp LVE and Jaylon.
jr15aggie
AG
Taco finally starting to get some praise. Apparently Tyron Smith is having a very good camp and Taco wasn't doing $#*! against him. But he's put together some really nice days against the other guys. In Taco's defense, Quinn wasn't getting anything on Tyron either.

And yeah, I'm hearing the defense is looking really really sharp even without our best DL and CB guys out there.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quinn just suspended for 2 games for performance enhancing drugs. Good start to his Cowboys career.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quinn just suspended for 2 games for performance enhancing drugs. Good start to his Cowboys career.

The NFL's full of morans, and the Cowboys lead the way.
expresswrittenconsent
Probenecid is what he popped for which is apparently used for seizure prevention but is banned because it masks steroid use.
jr15aggie
AG
Look at the bright side... he'll get two more weeks to let that bone set in his hand before playing. They can easily clear him from the injury so he can serve the suspension right away but then just view it as extra healing time.
alvtimes
After I read the story about Quinn being suspended and the agents reason.... I was left wanting more info .... agent says Quinn has long history of seizures and this is a maintenance med.... but after being drafted in 2011 ..... how is this the first time this has popped up????
dellgriffith
AG
I've been to training camp for the past 5 years. This team is special and I have never thought that before. Our defense may be the best in the NFL and loaded with depth.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dave94
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

How many games do you guys think the hated joe buck will announce for us this year?

I'm hoping 5 or less. You could cross off any non- fox games and probably all noon fox games. I really don't like it when we get the buck / aikman crew.

This is ridiculous. Buck-Aikman is the best broadcast duo bar none. Now, if NBC could've had Romo paired with Al Micheals then that would be something.

I'm not saying Micheals-Collinsworth is bad, but Collinsworth is way more annoying than Buck. And Nantz is just old-man boring and cliche as sh*t.

I just hope we avoid the ESPN crew as much as possible.
Grapesoda2525
dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

This is ridiculous. Buck-Aikman is the best broadcast duo bar none. Now, if NBC could've had Romo paired with Al Micheals then that would be something.

I'm not saying Micheals-Collinsworth is bad, but Collinsworth is way more annoying than Buck. And Nantz is just old-man boring and cliche as sh*t.

I just hope we avoid the ESPN crew as much as possible.
Ridiculous you say?

You could tell that Buck hates the cowboys by the way he talks and he seems to really rub it in while we are losing.

Aikman always has to awkwardly pretend like he's not in favor of the cowboys and he tries too hard to be neutral that he comes across as cold and indifferent.

The ESPN guys are the worst, but luckily we're only on MNF once a year.
dave94
AG
So you don't like him because you think he doesn't like the Cowboys, I get it.

But he's still the top play-by-play guy in the league, and he and Troy are almost universally considered the best broadcast team. I take his Cowboy opinions with a grain of salt because he is really good at what he does. He's not supposed to be Dave South, he's paid by Fox, not the Cowboys.

The national sports media will always have a bias against us, I accept it and don't let it detract from watching a quality broadcast.
Grapesoda2525
dave94 said:

So you don't like him because you think he doesn't like the Cowboys, I get it.

But he's still the top play-by-play guy in the league, and he and Troy are almost universally considered the best broadcast team. I take his Cowboy opinions with a grain of salt because he is really good at what he does. He's not supposed to be Dave South, he's paid by Fox, not the Cowboys.

The national sports media will always have a bias against us, I accept it and don't let it detract from watching a quality broadcast.
I don't expect a homer broadcast, but a neutral one would be much appreciated.

I guarantee you that most cowboy fans don't like Joe Buck. You are in the minority.
Dddfff
AG
I like Joe.
BMX Bandit
Literally every fan base says Buck hates them.

He's not my favorite, but he's not nearly as terrible as many make him out to be.
duck79
AG
Alvarado Times said:

After I read the story about Quinn being suspended and the agents reason.... I was left wanting more info .... agent says Quinn has long history of seizures and this is a maintenance med.... but after being drafted in 2011 ..... how is this the first time this has popped up????

Maybe I misread it but didn't the agent make it sound like somehow this got on his seizure pills based on the trace amount he was popped for? Very strange
Baby Billy
AG
Love Buck and Aikman. Followed by Michaels and Collinsworth, then Nantz and Romo, and honestly couldn't even tell you who does MNF because it's that bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.