***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

280,860 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?

PooDoo
Dddfff
gigem1223
Not a great start to camp for the 2nd rounder, Hill. Was carted off the field yesterday. Supposedly it's just cramps and not serious.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Sean Lee playing on special teams. The anti-Zeke.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/28/sean-lee-playing-special-teams/#comment-6872412
Baby Billy
AG
In
JAggie2007
AG
In
Mozart Paintings
Rossko
AG
I hope Gallup can make a leap this year.
98Ag99Grad
AG
lets do this!
Baby Billy
AG
https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/30/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-lawsuit-police-cover-up-crash/
gigem1223
Saints just gave Michael Thomas 20M/ year. Cooper just got more expensive.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Saints just gave Michael Thomas 20M/ year. Cooper just got more expensive.

Just came here to post this. Crap! Ridiculous. Dumb ass team gets bent over and now Coopers agent is gonna go ape $h!+
BMX Bandit
Cooper won't command over that.

Still think he gets 5 years $85mm, $55mm guaranteed range
gigem1223
BMX Bandit said:

Cooper won't command over that.

Still think he gets 5 years $85mm, $55mm guaranteed range

Of course he won't but this deal still increases his price tag
jtstanley4621
AG
Okay guys. It's a slow day at work. TLDR warning for sure.

Dak is NO worse than the 4th best QB to enter the NFL since he was drafted. Here are the notable name QBs that have come in the NFL either with Prescott, in chronological, then draft order:

• Jared Goff- same year as Dak
  • Carson Wentz- same year as Dak
  • Patrick Mahomes- year after Dak
  • Deshaun Watson- year after Dak
  • Baker Mayfield- 2 years after Dak

In 2018, you also have Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson. I think Mayfield had the best year of those guys statistically, so I will include only Mayfield in my analysis.

Using pro football reference, here are Dak's career numbers:
Passing yards: 10876
Passing TDs: 67
INTs: 25
Completion percentage: 66.1
Rushing yards: 944
Rushing TDs: 18
Fumbles: 25

You might say that those numbers aren't great. And I agree: they're not world shattering like some guys we'll see soon. Let's compare that to division rival QB Carson Wentz.

Carson Wentz:
Passing yards: 10152
Passing TDs: 70
INTs: 28
Completion percentage: 63.7
Rushing yards: 542
Rushing TDs: 2
Fumbles:32

Dak has played 48 games, Wentz has played 40 games. In my opinion, Dak is the best QB in the division.

Let's talk about Goff too. He had a great year last year, and looks to build off of that. But... if you take the career numbers into account:

Jared Goff:
Passing yards: 9581
Passing TDs: 65
INTs: 26
Rushing yards: 175
Rushing TDs: 4

Dak, as of right now, has better numbers. However, Goff has played in 10 less games than Dak, 38 to 48. I would place Goff ahead of Dak, which I don't think too many people would disagree with. But Dak isn't AS far off from Goff as people would think.

The guy that blows Dak out of the water (and everyone else for that matter) is Mahomes.

Patrick Mahomes:
Passing yards: 5381
Passing TDs: 50
INTs: 13
Rushing yards: 282
Fumbles: 9

And Mahomes has done all that in 17 career games. He's head and shoulders the top QB.

Deshaun Watson:
Passing yards: 5864
Passing TDs: 45
INTs: 17
Rushing yards: 820
Rushing TDs: 7
Fumbles: 12

Watson did this in 23 career games. I think it's also reasonable to say that Watson is better than Dak. But then again, he hasn't done it for as long as Dak has. Dak has played the most games at QB for a QB entering the NFL since 2016. An argument could be made on either side, but just for the sake of discussion, let's say that Watson is ahead of Dak. Although in my mind it's closer to a tossup than people might think.

That leaves only Baker Mayfield.

Baker Mayfield:

Passing yards: 3725
Passing TDs: 27
INTs: 14
Rushing yards: 131
Rushing TDs: 0

He did this in 13 career games. In my opinion, the jury is still out on Mayfield. But people are expecting him to take a step forward next year. But it wouldn't surprise me if he regressed a bit, although the Browns have so many weapons now I don't see how he DOESN'T take the next step. But as of right now, Dak is the better QB of the two, and I don't think anyone can reasonably disagree with that.

So finally that brings us to the ranking of QBs to enter the NFL since Dak did:

1.) Mahomes
2.) Goff
3.) Watson (tentatively)
4.) Dak
5.) Wentz
6.) Mayfield

You also have the other guys I mentioned: Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, and of course Kyler. Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Jackson were all fairly mediocre last year statistically. Haskins, Jones and Kyler have yet to play a down in the NFL.

Right now, you aren't going to find a better young QB in the NFL than Dak other than Mahomes, Goff and likely Watson. He's the best QB in a division where half the division is looking to build around young QBs, one of which (Jones) was viewed as a massive reach at the time. You pay Dak, because he actually IS worth the money. The numbers don't lie. Dak is not a bad NFL QB.
mike_ags_fan12
And he fooking wins.
Baby Billy
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B0l2vYdHH3-
Rossko
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Okay guys. It's a slow day at work. TLDR warning for sure.

Dak is NO worse than the 4th best QB to enter the NFL since he was drafted. Here are the notable name QBs that have come in the NFL either with Prescott, in chronological, then draft order:

• Jared Goff- same year as Dak
  • Carson Wentz- same year as Dak
  • Patrick Mahomes- year after Dak
  • Deshaun Watson- year after Dak
  • Baker Mayfield- 2 years after Dak

In 2018, you also have Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson. I think Mayfield had the best year of those guys statistically, so I will include only Mayfield in my analysis.

Using pro football reference, here are Dak's career numbers:
Passing yards: 10876
Passing TDs: 67
INTs: 25
Completion percentage: 66.1
Rushing yards: 944
Rushing TDs: 18

You might say that those numbers aren't great. And I agree: they're not world shattering like some guys we'll see soon. Let's compare that to division rival QB Carson Wentz.

Carson Wentz:
Passing yards: 10152
Passing TDs: 70
INTs: 28
Completion percentage: 63.7
Rushing yards: 542
Fumbles:32

Dak has played 48 games, Wentz has played 40 games. In my opinion, Dak is the best QB in the division.

Let's talk about Goff too. He had a great year last year, and looks to build off of that. But... if you take the career numbers into account:

Jared Goff:
Passing yards: 9581
Passing TDs: 65
INTs: 26
Rushing yards: 175
Rushing TDs: 4

Dak, as of right now, has better numbers. However, Goff has played in 10 less games than Dak, 38 to 48. I would place Goff ahead of Dak, which I don't think too many people would disagree with. But Dak isn't AS far off from Goff as people would think.

The guy that blows Dak out of the water (and everyone else for that matter) is Mahomes.

Patrick Mahomes:
Passing yards: 5381
Passing TDs: 50
INTs: 13
Rushing yards: 282
Fumbles: 9

And Mahomes has done all that in 17 career games. He's head and shoulders the top QB.

Deshaun Watson:
Passing yards: 5864
Passing TDs: 45
INTs: 17
Rushing yards: 820
Rushing TDs: 7
Fumbles: 12

Watson did this in 23 career games. I think it's also reasonable to say that Watson is better than Dak. But then again, he hasn't done it for as long as Dak has. Dak has played the most games at QB for a QB entering the NFL since 2016. An argument could be made on either side, but just for the sake of discussion, let's say that Watson is ahead of Dak. Although in my mind it's closer to a tossup than people might think.

That leaves only Baker Mayfield.

Baker Mayfield:

Passing yards: 3725
Passing TDs: 27
INTs: 14
Rushing yards: 131
Rushing TDs: 0

He did this in 13 career games. In my opinion, the jury is still out on Mayfield. But people are expecting him to take a step forward next year. But it wouldn't surprise me if he regressed a bit, although the Browns have so many weapons now I don't see how he DOESN'T take the next step. But as of right now, Dak is the better QB of the two, and I don't think anyone can reasonably disagree with that.

So finally that brings us to the ranking of QBs to enter the NFL since Dak did:

1.) Mahomes
2.) Goff
3.) Watson (tentatively)
4.) Dak
5.) Wentz
6.) Mayfield

You also have the other guys I mentioned: Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, and of course Kyler. Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Jackson were all fairly mediocre last year statistically. Haskins, Jones and Kyler have yet to play a down in the NFL.

Right now, you aren't going to find a better young QB in the NFL than Dak other than Mahomes, Goff and likely Watson. He's the best QB in a division where half the division is looking to build around young QBs, one of which (Jones) was viewed as a massive reach at the time. You pay Dak, because he actually IS worth the money. The numbers don't lie. Dak is not a bad NFL QB.
I agree with your overall premise and the end result, however Baker Mayfield owns the rookie record for TD and didn't even play 16 games. His stats once Kitchens took over (8 games) are easily better than Dak, Wentz & Watson. He should be 1B or 2A between Mahomes & Goff in my opinion.

Per 16 Games with Kitchens as a rookie:

Pass Yards: 4508
Pass TD: 38
INT: 16
Rush Yards: 80
Rush TD: 0
jtstanley4621
AG
More people read my Dak manifesto than I thought would!

Man honestly, the browns are EASILY my second favorite team this year. I'm always going to be a cowboys fan but I would love it if the browns got good under Mayfield. I honestly get that he pisses people off, but for some reason I could never quite hate him. The stat calculation is interesting. I did think he played pretty damn well. And if Browns team ends up winning and becoming good, Myles would likely be seen as the foundational piece for that. I'm all for them having success.

Either way, I think my Dak point stands. You're still getting a top 5 QB of the next era QBs. And it's hard to step back and think that you could hit on a QB just as good if you let Dak walk, since QB evaluation is so nuanced and random.
BMX Bandit
regarding the schedule:

who decided to use mountain time for the kickoffs? come on man!

feel like anything less than 5-2 before the bye would be a bad start. 3 winnable games after than, then Patriots, followed up easy W against Bills. the last 3 are brutal.

I'll go with 10-6
jr15aggie
AG
I'm hearing that people really love Randall Cobb. I'm not talking about camp hero "this guy is unstoppable" sort of thing, people just really like him. True professional. Hoping he makes a big impact for us.

Other quick notes:

- 2nd year DE Dorance Armstrong looking good.
- 3rd year DE Taco Charlton, not so much
- Awuzie looking sharp
- That sip guard looking much better... size, strength, etc much improved
- Get use to the name Jon'Vea Johnson (Undrafted)... camp darling with speed.
Mike Elko
AG
jr15aggie said:

I'm hearing that people really love Randall Cobb. I'm not talking about camp hero "this guy is unstoppable" sort of thing, people just really like him. True professional. Hoping he makes a big impact for us.

Other quick notes:

- 2nd year DE Dorance Armstrong looking good.
- 3rd year DE Taco Charlton, not so much
- Awuzie looking sharp
- That sip guard looking much better... size, strength, etc much improved
- Get use to the name Jon'Vea Johnson (Undrafted)... camp darling with speed.
Well, he couldn't get much worse, amirite?
TMACsDaMan
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/08/02/cowboys-guard-zack-martin-undergo-mri-back-not-expected-practice

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUGGGGG MEEEEE!

Back problems always linger through the whole season
If he's gone, they sure have no need to pay Zeke.
PooDoo
AG
Thought I'd share for the young'uns
What a game... And I still hate Ricky Waters and Merton Hanks.
Carlo4
AG
PooDoo said:

Thought I'd share for the young'uns
What a game... And I still hate Ricky Waters and Merton Hanks.

My mom taught Merton Hanks twice when he went to school in Dallas. We were watching the game and I remember her hearing his name called and she started screaming.
gigem1223
TMACsDaMan said:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/08/02/cowboys-guard-zack-martin-undergo-mri-back-not-expected-practice

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUGGGGG MEEEEE!

Back problems always linger through the whole season

Even though he's arguably the best o-lineman we have, if we're going to lose anyone to injury this season OL is probably the place we can handle it most. We run 2 deep everywhere there.
ac04
they might be able to replace connor williams and be alright. they don't have the depth to replace arguably the best guard in all of football. nobody does.
gigem1223
ac04 said:

they might be able to replace connor williams and be alright. they don't have the depth to replace arguably the best guard in all of football. nobody does.

It'll be a big drop off regardless but what I'm saying is it'd be worse at other positions. OL is full of depth. McGovern and Looney are solid backups.
PooDoo
AG
So the HOF induction got me thinking about the Portis for Bailey and a 2nd trade.

What player would be tempting enough for Jerry to trade Elliott?
Dddfff
AG
Derwin James + Melvin Gordon
ac04
that trade was 15 years ago, the game is completely different now. nobody is going to trade a key piece for zeke.
J.P. 03
AG
The Ticket guys brought up a great point about this during a training camp roundtable this week. The list of teams who would sign Zeke to the deal he wants is only 3-4 long to begin with. Now factor in that you'd have to sign him to a big deal AND give up assets to acquire him, and that list gets even smaller.

Sadly, there's probably only one team dumb enough to be willing to do both...and he's already on their roster.
Let him sit at home for the next forever. When he's dead ass broke, he might come back and play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.