Ezekiel Elliott plans to hold out

15,810 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by . . .
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh stop. I'm a Cowboy fan. I saw Don Meredith play in person for crying out loud.

Elliott, while a good running back is a liability off the field. You're gonna pay him, and he will then beat someone in his spare time once again.

Then again, if you can't get rid of Tyreek Hill or Kareem Hunt, then what do you have to lose I guess. Win games, lose the PR war, and quit pretending to be "America's Team."
TyHolden
AG
It was a joke and a tribute to Ben. He's probably gonna be doxxed by google before end of weekend .
Sorry. I was triggered.
Zeke who?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/18/jerry-jones-zeke-who/
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Kellso said:

bonfarr said:

If you think we can win it this year sure but good luck in the future without Byron Jones, La'el Collins, Jaylon, Maliek Collins, and probably another Off lineman. He deserves more money but I wouldn't pay him Gurley money only to see him suspended 4 games for punching a bouncer or slapping a ho in the off-season
This is where you and I differ.....I don't really care about the future. I care about the right now.

The Cowboys have not had a roster like this in years. They have not made a conference championship since 1995.

I could care less about saving money for future seasons if it means the same old 9-7 and 10-6 seasons.

This team does not have the talent of the 1993 Cowboys where they can lose the first two games of the year, and then go 15-2 the rest of the season and Win the Super Bowl.

If the Cowboys win the first two games of the year they will set themselves up in great position to be able to win the NFC East. Lose and it gets very tough.

I'm also pretty sure this will be La;el Collins last season in Dallas anyway. Connor Williams and McGovern were both drafted to be his eventual replacement. Collins is a solid player, but he is replaceable.

Zeke is not easily replaceable. This is where is "leverage" comes in.
I disagree this year is a slam dunk type year. Its not like baseball where a team might be a dominant day 3 pitcher away just before the trading deadline from being an almost lock to win the WS so they trade the farm for that guy.

I think this OL is still going to have moments of let down and disappointment, and I still don't think Dak is the type of QB to overcome other's shortcomings. Plus Garrett is still in charge.

As for Zeke, I give him a bit more maybe, but I don't give him so much that it wrecks our cap in 21, 22, or 23. If he doesn't accept that, I continue to let him sit.
Kellso
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Kellso said:

bonfarr said:

If you think we can win it this year sure but good luck in the future without Byron Jones, La'el Collins, Jaylon, Maliek Collins, and probably another Off lineman. He deserves more money but I wouldn't pay him Gurley money only to see him suspended 4 games for punching a bouncer or slapping a ho in the off-season
This is where you and I differ.....I don't really care about the future. I care about the right now.

The Cowboys have not had a roster like this in years. They have not made a conference championship since 1995.

I could care less about saving money for future seasons if it means the same old 9-7 and 10-6 seasons.

This team does not have the talent of the 1993 Cowboys where they can lose the first two games of the year, and then go 15-2 the rest of the season and Win the Super Bowl.

If the Cowboys win the first two games of the year they will set themselves up in great position to be able to win the NFC East. Lose and it gets very tough.

I'm also pretty sure this will be La;el Collins last season in Dallas anyway. Connor Williams and McGovern were both drafted to be his eventual replacement. Collins is a solid player, but he is replaceable.

Zeke is not easily replaceable. This is where is "leverage" comes in.
I disagree this year is a slam dunk type year. Its not like baseball where a team might be a dominant day 3 pitcher away just before the trading deadline from being an almost lock to win the WS so they trade the farm for that guy.

I think this OL is still going to have moments of let down and disappointment, and I still don't think Dak is the type of QB to overcome other's shortcomings. Plus Garrett is still in charge.

As for Zeke, I give him a bit more maybe, but I don't give him so much that it wrecks our cap in 21, 22, or 23. If he doesn't accept that, I continue to let him sit.

Who in the world said anything about a "slam dunk" type year?????

All I've stated is that this is the most talent Dallas has had in over 10 years. They haven't had this level of talent since 2007 or 2008.

I think you are the one that is always talking about NFC Title game or bust.....this team has the talent to do that. Jerry Jones knows that and he will not risk this over a contract dispute over his best player.

The problem with the Cowboys in the 2010's has typically been their defense. If Sean Lee is your best defensive player....then you are not going to go very far in the post season.

The Cowboys have had numerous stars on offense, but they've had a serious lack of elite talent on defense for over 10 years. Until the last two seasons you would have to go back to DeMarcus Ware to witness the last elite defensive talent in a Cowboys uniform.

DeMarcus Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, LVE and Byron Jones are big time talents. Every guy in the secondary is better than what the Cowboys had from 2012-2016.

LVE and Jaylon Smith are way more talented than Sean Lee or any other linebacker the Cowboys have had in a long time.

Dallas finished last year second in sacks in the NFL. I expect the defensive line to be better with the addition of Robert Quinn, and the rookie defensive tackle. A stronger defensive line should hopefully lead to more turnovers.

Turnover margin is what is separating the Dallas defense from being very good, to being a championship caliber defense.

The offensive line was average last year, and this year they add back the best center in the league in Travis Frederick. I also expect Connor McGovern to eventually start this season or in 2020.

Contract disputes are always funny. Fans act like its their money the player is asking for.
The Dallas Cowboys are most valuable franchise in the World. Jerry can afford to pay Zeke what is he worth, and they will get something done.
New England never over pays their running backs, and they seem to do alright.
BMX Bandit
Cowboys need to trade for Belichek & Brady. Problem solved.
TyHolden
AG
BMX Bandit said:

payton, mullen...I'd take either over red all day.
Kellso
BMX Bandit said:

Took the response right out of my mouth.

If the Cowboys trade their roster for the Greatest Coach and quarterback of all time then I'm sure they would not have to over pay for a tailback.

The key to success is too always copycat others. There is no other way to be successful.
. . .
Panama Red
AG
Saint Pablo
. . . said:

Lol cry about it Zeke
rsf0626
I would say zeke not showing up for work with 2 years left on his contract is just as disrespectful.
aggiepaintrain
AG
i would absolutely not pay him this year , maybe next year. He fcked them in 2017

peace
S
Surprised Zeke and his agent did not use ''racist'' over ''disrespectful. Really!! I hope Jerry lets him sit.
TyHolden
AG
Zeke = Leveon Bell ?
BMX Bandit
Bell was not under contract. Zeke is.

TyHolden
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Bell was not under contract. Zeke is.

was he franchised?
BMX Bandit
Yes. But that's not under contract until signed. He never did.
. . .
rsf0626
Jerry and stephen with the haymakers on zeke. That press conference was clearly a message to them
bonfarr
AG
rsf0626 said:

Jerry and stephen with the haymakers on zeke. That press conference was clearly a message to them

Quote:

FRISCO, Texas To borrow an extended metaphor from the Jones Family, there's still some pie left over but it's not going to last forever.

"There is less pie left, make no bones about it," said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones on Tuesday afternoon.

That goes back to the pie metaphor. It was almost possible to hear the Joneses speaking directly to Prescott, Cooper and Elliott during Tuesday's press conference. Smith's extension is slated to pay him $12.8 million per year, which is obviously good money, but it doesn't place him at the top of the market for his position.

And that has been the Cowboys' point this entire time. By taking less of the pie for himself, a star player has left some on the table for his teammates.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/after-jaylon-how-much-of-the-pie-is-left

. . .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.