Mock Drafts/Off-Season Boredom

1,730 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ranger222
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am incredibly bored with the midsummer lull with no football or basketball and was wondering if anyone has done any mocks and would be interested in discussing some FF or sharing mock teams they've drafted!

To start discussion off, I am wondering what you guys would take as a preferred draft position. My league picks draft order based on standings, so first place gets first selection and so on. I finished fourth and am trying to decided between the fourth and fifth pick, what would y'all do?
amercer
AG
Just started thinking about FF today, so I've got no great insight, but here is an NFL related story for your boredom:

https://deadspin.com/heres-josh-norman-leaping-over-a-bull-in-pamplona-1836280198
Saint Pablo
I saw this on twitter lol I am sure that the Redskins front office was not thrilled about that.
Saint Pablo
Here is a mock I just did today, curious to see what people think of it, I had the fourth overall pick

1 Christian McCaffrey
2 Joe Mixon
3 TY Hilton
4 Aaron Jones
5 Tyreek Hill
6 Phillip Lindsay
7 DJ Moore
8 Robby Anderson
9 Darrell Henderson
10 Jordan Howard
11 Michael Gallup
12 Dak Prescott
13 Eric Ebron
14 D'Onta Foreman
15 Patriots D/ST
16 Kaimi Fairbairn

I think Tyreek's stock is going to soar back to where it should be given the audio that came out, so that pick may be a bit unrealistic in the future.
Ranger222
AG
I think I'd want to pick #1-3 in the first round, and if not in the top 3 then somewhere around 8-9. I view Barkley/McCaffrey/Elliott with little separation, maybe an edge to the first two if you are in 1 point PPR. I like #3 because I can take the last of those three, not having to make a choice, then be the first of the three to pick in the 2nd round using snake format. Kamara is a solid #4 overall, but I'm not sure the Saints are going to give him the workload like we all expect. He was great the first four games of 2018 due to Ingram being out, but certainly not a league winner after that. I'd almost rather have David Johnson tbh. So if I'm not picking in the Top 3, then I want a pick towards the end of the 1st round that lets me take Kelce. In all my drafts so far, if you don't get Kelce/Ertz/Kittle, you're really in a hole trying to feel good about TE. You might be over-drafting Henry/Howard coming off season-ending injuries or if you miss on Cook then you're in a world of hurt. I'd rather lock up TE and then move on.
Saint Pablo
You are the first person I have seen say this about Kamara, his total last year was only five points behind McCaffrey's and he had more than 20 more than Zeke. Plus, they replaced Mark Ingram with Latavius Murray, who I don't think will push for as many carries as Ingram did.

As far as TE goes, I like Vance McDonald or Delanie Walker a bit later in the draft. My priority in the first couple rounds is to get two solid RBs...without reaching, so I don't think I would grab a TE in the first or second. But I see where you are coming from, RB has just always been what I believe in the most.
amercer
AG
"Joe Mixon currently has an ADP of 19.3, making him a late second-round draft pick in most ESPN fantasy leagues. On average, nine running backs, seven wide receivers and a tight end are going before him with a quarterback also sporting an almost identical ADP of 19.6."

From espn. I'm sure that will go up, but still surprised to see him at 2 in your draft.
Saint Pablo
That was just my second round pick, so the 17th? pick I believe.
amercer
AG
Oh. Ha. Totally misread that.

Good 2nd round pick!
Ranger222
AG
You're right on Kamara I'm a bit biased because he let me down big time in my high dollar league last year. I honestly didn't think he finished 4th among RBs but he did.

However if you look at his per game fantasy output, you'll see my gripe with him. Weeks 11-15 he was a below average performer in the most important weeks of fantasy football seasons. He had three massive weeks weeks 1 and 4 (Ingram out) and then when they played the Rams. Those three weeks combined for 34% of his season output. You probably won those weeks so no complaints, but the 8-10 points per week in 11-15 really sucked. Maybe it's just variance in a limited sample size, but it's got me hesitant. Got to be a PPR format for me to feel good.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/players/game-log/2018/2082721/alvin-kamara/

Then there is also the report from Evan Silva who said he talked to Sean Payton late one night at the NFL combine in February and they talked about Kamara. Payton apparently said he doesn't want Kamara having a huge share of touches. Think he said that on the recent NFL Ringer podcast he was on.
Saint Pablo
For anyone who has been doing best ball drafts, where has Tyreek Hill been landing?
ac04
tyreek's ADP on DRAFT:

5/28 - 104
6/26 - 47
7/10 - 41
Saint Pablo
ac04 said:

tyreek's ADP on DRAFT:

5/28 - 104
6/26 - 47
7/10 - 41
I still feel like he is a steal in the fourth...I feel like that number will get lower as we get closer to the season. What do you think?
ac04
i agree. i would expect him to creep into the 3rd with a 4 game suspension, and into the second with 0-2 games.
Ranger222
AG
Went top of 2nd round in the draft I did tonight with the news of no suspension
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.