One Open Spot in Fantasy Football League

1,774 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mike Elko
Mike Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rundown:

- ESPN standard scoring
- 10-team, keeper league (4 players eligible, though this might change depending on league vote; second year of keepers)
- $50 buy-in
- Payout: $350/$100/$50
- Fifth year of league
- 6-team playoff with top two earning bye
- Draft: TBD; Potentially Tuesday, September 3 at 7:30 p.m. CST
- Keeper lock: TBD; Potentially Sunday, September 1 at 12:00 p.m. CST

Since it's a keeper league, you'd be inheriting the attached roster with the eighth (8th) pick in the snake draft:

QB Andrew Luck
RB Melvin Gordon
RB Gus Edwards
WR Amari Cooper
WR Jarvis Landry
TE Zach Ertz
FLEX Doug Martin
D/ST Jaguars D/ST
K Brett Maher

Bench Josh Reynolds
Bench Corey Davis
Bench Adam Humphries
Bench Justin Jackson
Bench Russell Wilson
Bench Cameron Brate
Bench Ian Thomas
IR Empty
m.stat
AG
Doing the draft online/phone or in person? If online/phone I'd be interested. I'm in Cypress so in person could be difficult if it's in Austin............
Mike Elko
AG
My bad. It's an online draft.

Also, ESPN's fairly limited in keeper settings. Here's their overview:

"Select the number of players you wish to keep for this year's draft. You have the choice to fill all available keeper slots or can choose to keep any number 'empty'. Any 'empty' keeper slot equates to a pick in the draft. For example: if your league has the option to keep 5 players and you choose to keep only 3, you will get draft picks in the 4th and 5th rounds. You are able to change your keeper selections as many times as you wish until the Keeper Lock Date. After Keeper Lock Date, selected Keepers are viewable to all league members."
Enviroag02
AG
So..having to give up 1-4th round picks if you kept 4 players (realistically, only Gordon, Cooper, Ertz, and Luck should be keepers), the only one of those keepers you likely would not be able to get with the 8th pick is Gordon...typically would miss him by 1 or 2 picks unless others gave up a 1st round pick of course. With those keeper rules and that team...its not that great.
Mike Elko
AG
Hypothetically, if you only kept Gordon, you'd have your usual 2-15 picks remaining. So, basically a normal draft. There were several teams last year that didn't keep any players and did well. All about risk/reward.
Enviroag02
AG
yeah I don't think I'd keep any of those players with those keeper rules. If just one or two teams keep just one player, then Gordon is in play that 1st round anyway rather than needing to be protected by a keeper.
Mike Elko
AG
Cool, will take your name off the list.
jimmo
I'll play.. If spot is still available. Might have conflict on draft date, not sure tho
- Sorry, I misread. Shouldn't have a conflict
Mike Elko
AG
Niiice. If m.stat doesn't confirm by 12:30 tomorrow afternoon (full 48 hours from my reply), the spot's yours. Thanks.
m.stat
AG
I'm in if the spot is still open. Just traveling all day yesterday.
Mike Elko
AG
Sounds good. What's your email address so I can invite you to league and add you to group thread?
m.stat
AG
mmstatton
gmail
Mike Elko
AG
Got it, thanks. ESPN invite sent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.