Amari Cooper for AB

3,433 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agnzona
SilverTongueDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cowboys should make this offer. Brown has 3 years left at 17 mil per year. That's a bargain. They are about to have to sign Cooper to long term deal that will be at least that much.

Brown may have some issues but Cooper was MIA for close to 2 seasons. Who's to say that wont happen again.
ac04
no
BMX Bandit
what else are the Cowboys throwing into the trade?
ac04
lol what? cooper is worth quite a bit more than AB right now
BMX Bandit
ac04 said:

lol what? cooper is worth quite a bit more than AB right now

How do you figure?

Brown is better & under contract 2 years longer, with a $15mm cap hit in 2019

Cooper has 1 year under contract with cap hit of $13.9mm

hph6203
AG
Brown is the better player, but Amari put up numbers that he doesn't totally blow out of the water and he's 6 years younger. No telling how much he might improve given an off-season with Dak/within the Cowboys offense. Especially if Kellen is the genius some people seem to think he is.
ac04
one is 24 and the other is 30
Ags #1
AG
lol at copper better than brown. Did anyone watch cooper in Oakland?
ac04
nobody said cooper is better than brown
BMX Bandit
ac04 said:

And he may not be on your team have he's 26.

Brown being on the team for 3 years at a good cap number makes him the better deal.
ac04
cooper was worth a 1st. we'll see what the steelers get for brown.
Ags #1
AG
Just cause he was traded for a first doesn't mean copper was worth a first.
ac04
good one.

it's ok to be wrong guys. not sure why you're digging in on such a bad take.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
If I were the GM of the Cowboys, you couldn't pay me to take on the diva that is Antonio Brown.
gigem1223
BMX Bandit said:

ac04 said:

Brown being on the team for 3 years at a good cap number makes him the better deal.

Dallas didn't trade a first for him not to be on the team for several years.

Cooper through 4 years:
3908 yds 25 TDs
Brown through 4 years:
3561 yds, 15 TDs

Cooper also isn't a diva with baggage like Brown. Give me 24 year old Cooper over 30 year old diva Brown at this point.
BMX Bandit
I agree Dallas did not trade him without the hope they would be able to extend him.

But thats not relevant to the question.

Brown is the better player and would be in the better contract situation for the team trading for him.

I am not convinced Brown is going to be traded. The Steelers aren't exactly known for giving into player demands.

I don't think Cowboys should trade Cooper. He was a fantastic addition and seems to have great chemistry with Dak. I don't see the upgrade to Brown as significant enough to want to disturb that.

In terms of what someone is worth, Cooper has shown he was worth the first if he gets extended.

I guarantee you that if the Ravens offered Steelers 2 first round picks for him, they wouldn't trade Brown to their rival. But if a team flush with draft picks like Raiders decided to send multiple picks for him, that is not dispositive of the "which was better" question to me, but would be a point to consider.
IrishAg
BMX Bandit said:

ac04 said:

As a person who is not a Cowboy fan and who dislikes the Steelers I'll throw my opinion in on this.

I have a problem with that last sentence. Do you really think he's going to play under his current contract. There is no way his ego will let him not be at the top of the WR pay scale. The moment he's traded he's going to demand a new contract, if he doesn't that would be completely shocking.

Also, while Brown is one of the best WR in the league, everyone that has left the Steelers offense sees a large drop in their production. So I'm honestly not sure if he would produce better than Cooper outside of Pittsburgh. Personally, between the 2 at this stage in the careers I would take Cooper, just better short term and long term value even at the same price point (which I think is what will happen in the long run contract wise).
W
AG
it will be very interesting to see how Antonio does without Big Ben.

going to be a great test of the does-the-QB-make-the-WR or vice versa
SilverTongueDevil
BMX Bandit said:

I agree Dallas did not trade him without the hope they would be able to extend him.

But thats not relevant to the question.

Brown is the better player and would be in the better contract situation for the team trading for him.

I am not convinced Brown is going to be traded. The Steelers aren't exactly known for giving into player demands.

I don't think Cowboys should trade Cooper. He was a fantastic addition and seems to have great chemistry with Dak. I don't see the upgrade to Brown as significant enough to want to disturb that.

In terms of what someone is worth, Cooper has shown he was worth the first if he gets extended.

I guarantee you that if the Ravens offered Steelers 2 first round picks for him, they wouldn't trade Brown to their rival. But if a team flush with draft picks like Raiders decided to send multiple picks for him, that is not dispositive of the "which was better" question to me, but would be a point to consider.
I have to disagree. The Steelers owner said at the end of the season that he didnt think Brown would be back so in a way the Steelers did get the ball rolling on this.

2 first round draft picks from a team that probably wont make the playoffs is big. However, I dont see a team giving up 2 ones for AB.
ac04
its unlikely that any team will give even one first.
Bunk Moreland
W said:

it will be very interesting to see how Antonio does without Big Ben.

going to be a great test of the does-the-QB-make-the-WR or vice versa

Ben had already had some massive years before AB got going. He barely played his rookie year, came on in year 2 then had some injuries in year 3 before all the other WR's were cleared out and he took off as the #1 for his great run.

He definitely had more consistently great years during that run with AB though.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/19/antonio-brown-makes-it-clear-he-wants-new-team-guaranteed-money/#comments

Brown now wants to be known as Mr. Big Chest, and he's not interested in unguaranteed money.

Taking lessons from TO, and as dumb as Dexter Manley.
SilverTongueDevil
His latest comments are illiterate and bizarre. Might be made purposely so the Steelers cant get anything for him and he gets outright release to become FA.
boy09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BtpTqugBSP8
PooDoo
AG
Who would want to bring that personality into your locker room?
birdman
Cooper is a great teammate. Brown is team cancer.
94chem
30 yr old WR? Hang up the phone.
gigem1223
Well this played out like I thought. But but but Cooper sucked at Oakland.
E
AG
Agnzona
Agnzona
So Gruden traded Cooper and 3rd &5th round picks for Brown and a 1st round pick.

That's impressive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.