NFL banning Dave Portnoy from attending the game

4,255 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hey...so.. um
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/02/02/security-in-atlanta-ramps-up-for-super-bowl-liii/

Quote:

Bratton said security in and around the stadium has multiple checkpoints and security cameras. But the airport, transit system and highways are also under tight surveillance.
"Atlanta has one of the most significant camera systems in the country," Bratton said. "If you are going, expect to be searched.

"They are looking for the serious to the foolish," he added, and that includes circulating a photo of Dave Portnoy the self-styled "El Presidente" of Barstool Sports to keep him out of the stadium.
Portnoy has been warned he'll be arrested if he attempts to enter the stadium after crashing a press event earlier this week. Bratton said security is aware of Portnoy's antics.

"Celebrities don't want him around," Bratton added. "His photo has been distributed." Bratton added everyone trying to protect fans realize disruption is part of Portnoy's game. "It's how he makes his livelihood," the onetime Hub commissioner said.
Mr.Bond
AG
Guys a ****ing clown anyway
fretyuioz
I only saw the last name and wondered why they would keeping the famous drummer out of the super bowl
johnnyblaze36
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Guys a ****ing clown anyway
Goodell is indeed.

zephyr88
AG
I think the dude is a little one-off, but what did he do to get the permaban from the NFL?
MookieBlaylock
AG
There event don't matter
MookieBlaylock
AG
Greatest bleep fest in nfl history

Have no idea who that was and still dont
Betoisafurry
Lmao, just saw a video of him on twitter getting man handled by event security. Dude is a huge dewsh, but I appreciate how he says whatever the hell he thinks
Olsen
AG
https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/update-dave-was-just-literally-carried-out-of-the-stadium-by-security-freeportnoy
johnnyblaze36
AG
Roger Goodell is the worst commissioner of any major sport in my lifetime.

Yeah Portnoy can me a major dill at times but does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to attend the SB because he made a t-shirt of Goodell wearing a clown nose?

I'm not even sure why he had to go in disguise to media day. Corby Davidson has made a living trolling players and musicians at the Super Bowl before Barstool Sports was even a thing.
BBQ4Me
AG
Hopefully this turns out to be like the AFC Championship with 9mins left in the 4th
johnnyblaze36
AG
Hey...so.. um
johnnyblaze36 said:

Roger Goodell is the worst commissioner of any major sport in my lifetime.

Yeah Portnoy can me a major dill at times but does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to attend the SB because he made a t-shirt of Goodell wearing a clown nose?

I'm not even sure why he had to go in disguise to media day. Corby Davidson has made a living trolling players and musicians at the Super Bowl before Barstool Sports was even a thing.

Corby got kicked out of media night, but i didnt catch the story. What did he do?
johnnyblaze36
AG
Do you mean Corby got kicked out of a media party or radio row? I've never heard that story.

Portnoy was told not to come to media day. Ended up trolling Suh, Goff, and Gurley to their faces which was pretty hilarious. PFT Commenter got the boot as well.

I don't think Dave did anything wrong today at the game other than entering the building.

Imagine an organization that feels so threatened by one's presence that they don't even let you in when the NFL are the poster children for negative publicity brought on by their own players and front office executives.
PatAg
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Do you mean Corby got kicked out of a media party or radio row? I've never heard that story.

Portnoy was told not to come to media day. Ended up trolling Suh, Goff, and Gurley to their faces which was pretty hilarious. PFT Commenter got the boot as well.

I don't think Dave did anything wrong today at the game other than entering the building.

Imagine an organization that feels so threatened by one's presence that they don't even let you in when the NFL are the poster children for negative publicity brought on by their own players and front office executives.
PFT is funny and clever though.
Hey...so.. um
johnnyblaze36 said:

Corby said he was kicked out of media day/night, but I was in a meeting when he told the story so idk why. The Dave thing is stupid.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Hilarious.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Corby got kicked out for telling some spare Pats player some Challenger jokes. They first detained him and called the cops (stupid) and he ended up just leaving.
johnnyblaze36
AG
And Gordon Keith got grabbed by the neck by Nasty Nestor once upon a time. There are a bunch of people that need their asses kicked and it's not the dudes from Barstool or the Ticket.
Gordon McKernan
It is pretty funny to think that Goodell is so flustered by Barstool he had a team of security actively searching for Portnoy & apparently PFT as well (who was in New York during the game).

NFL played this terrible.... They gave Barstool so much more recognition & content by throwing him out. Whether you like Barstool or not this was the best thing that could happen to them, especially during such a boring game.

Only Barstool content I consume is Pardon My Take.... I skip over a lot of the segments now and really prefer the interviews. The interviews are awesome and the big names they get is pretty amazing.

I don't really like or dislike Dave but give him credit for building an empire.... Traditional media outlets do not like Barstool.
Gordon McKernan

DallasAggie0
Portnoy went back on Tucker Carlson with his goodell clown nose shirt and just trashed him. The NFL certainly didn't win this one
Hey...so.. um
champagnepapi
Barstool sports guys say some funny stuff, but I would never care if they got their ass beat from time to time. Dewshbags being dewshbags.
Hey...so.. um
champagnepapi said:

Barstool sports guys say some funny stuff, but I would never care if they got their ass beat from time to time. Dewshbags being dewshbags.

Not untrue, but they make fun of the joke of sports media in a similar fashion that the ticket does. They are just from the boston area and by default kind of dbs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.