Patriots vs Chiefs

29,943 Views | 638 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Grapesoda2525
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's gotten way better. I hated romo because of this at first. He'd try to call every single play. It was almost all he was saying on the air and was wrong a decent amount of time.

He's honed it in. He does a good job of just calling the game now. When he sees something, or in big situations, he'll comment on it. And he's usually right.

I think he's already one of the best announcers out there.
Grapesoda2525
htxag09 said:

He's gotten way better. I hated romo because of this at first. He'd try to call every single play. It was almost all he was saying on the air and was wrong a decent amount of time.

He's honed it in. He does a good job of just calling the game now. When he sees something, or in big situations, he'll comment on it. And he's usually right.

I think he's already one of the best announcers out there.
Much more enjoyable then the joe buck crew.

I don't hear romo often because I'm a cowboy fan, but I'd trade in a heartbeat. I HATE the buck / aikman crew.
Gibbs Slap
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Romo receiving all sortsa accolades this morning from yesterdays game.

Really kinda begs the question though...if he knows this much is he being told a lot of this stuff by the game involved coaches as part of his prep which then makes him seem like a genius?

Or is he studying it so much that he's just picked up on it and if that's the case, dude needs to get out of the TV booth and onto an NFL sideline asap really.
Bunk Moreland
I think it's because he knows it. Football isn't super complicated to those who can notice patterns and understand situations.

Like all professions, not everyone is great at all of that all the time. I think Romo was really good at it as a QB and it's just translating into the booth.
BMX Bandit
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Romo receiving all sortsa accolades this morning from yesterdays game.

Really kinda begs the question though...if he knows this much is he being told a lot of this stuff by the game involved coaches as part of his prep which then makes him seem like a genius?

Or is he studying it so much that he's just picked up on it and if that's the case, dude needs to get out of the TV booth and onto an NFL sideline asap really.

I'd wager a large number of NFL QBs with that much recent game experience could do something similar on "knowing what's coming". But he does much more. Romo is fantastic at not only recognizing it, but also being able to articulate it very quickly in way fans understand.

I don't know how that would translate to being on a team unless you make him a defensive coach. And don't know how quick he could get the message to the players.
Dad
AG
I feel like Romo is pretty good at his job. I like him a million times better than Aikman and Joe Buck.
Ferg
Romo was certainly a lot more fun. More Madden like.
Bunk Moreland
Ferg said:

Romo was certainly a lot more fun. More Madden like.

Pretty sure I read or heard that he sought advice from Madden before his first season.
Grapesoda2525
aggie-master said:

I feel like Romo is pretty good at his job. I like him a million times better than Aikman and Joe Buck.
Pretty much 99% of cowboy fans would agree.

Cowboy fans hate joe buck

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.