Fire Jason Garret

3,756 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stumpknocker
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Macarthur said:

I think a lot of folks like to say other owners would fire JG but I'm not so sure that's the case.

Depends on the team.

eagles would
Ag8556
AG
The one constant in all of this mediocrity since 1995 is Jerry. I will say that the roster construction we have now is probably the best we have had that can be fully attributable to Jerry since he took over all of the personnel management after firing Jimmy Johnson. I exclude work done during the Bill Parcells era because I think Parcells had quite a bit of input into player personnel at that time. Best evidence of that is how Parcells quickly got rid of the baseball player QB's that Jerry had accumulated.

That being said, we now have a bunch of cleared cap space available and every time this has occurred in the past, Jerry has horribly mismanaged it and put us right back in salary cap hell. We will see if Jerry has finally learned not to repeat this mistake or if he overpays and makes big bets to win immediately. He is not getting any younger and his window of time to prove he can win managing the team his own way is rapidly closing.
TyHolden
AG
Why we win at home and not on the road...

http://1130thetiger.com/why-was-a-cowboys-coach-behind-sean-payton-all-night/
ApachePilot
AG
JG deserves a few more years to prove himself.
Wisconsin_Ag
Mike McCarthy is out there waiting for the phone call Jerruh!
awinlonghorn
GM Jerry or GM WIll McClay or GM Stephen have done a terrific job with the drafts.

Jones, LVE, TFred, Martin, Jaylon are all stars and the secondary aint bad with Chido, ABrown and others. Heck, Jarwin and Schultz may be okay at TE.

What we need is a new offensive coordinator. Linehan was great with Romo and Zeke, but hasn't adapted to Dak's strenghts like running, throwing on the run, etc.

Give JG a young offensive coordinator and see what he does.
TyHolden
AG
Wisconsin_Ag said:

Mike McCarthy is out there waiting for the phone call Jerruh!
dak running mc carthy's offense would be an abomination
The Milkman
AG
Did cowboys fans love Garrett as recently as last week?
Macarthur
The Milkman said:

no
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Macarthur said:

The Milkman said:

no
I think most reasonable fans know he's not going to win a title for us but were willing to give him some benefit of the doubt for the interim because he got em from 3-5 and into the playoffs. Most of us knew the success wasn't going to last as very few coaches (or none) that consistently get outcoached, our outgameplanned win titles over more capable coaches especially the likes of Peyton, McVay, Belicik, Reid, Pederson, etc..

Stumpknocker
It's easier to spot bad coaches than good ones.

That being said, if Ginger were a session guitar player in Nashville, his phone would never ring.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.