Fire Jason Garret

3,755 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stumpknocker
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do it now!!!!!!!!
Nagler
AG
They're gonna give him 4 more years.
CypressAg09
AG
Never gonna make a conference championship with him as the coach. He can take linehan with him.
Olsen
AG
Jerry loves him like a son. He won't have the balls to do it.
Frok
AG
Which team's fans hate their coach more, Dallas or Houston?
mncag
They won't fire him of course but he adds absolutely zero
TheCougarHunter
AG
He won't get fired. Front 7 got manhandled all game
AgsWin2011
AG
No no no no! Extend him! (Evil genius thinking)
Agnzona
Jones only fires coaches that win and start taking credit away from himself.
Agnzona
Frok said:

Which team's fans hate their coach more, Dallas or Houston?

JG is actually better believe it or not.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Nah he's doing a good job
- rest of NFL
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm harder on Garrett than anyone on these boards but tonight he really got let down by the defense and defensive coaches. This wasn't one of those games you can squarely blame on Garrett although the buck does stop with him.

That said, as I've been saying for 3 years now, this team will never get anywhere special with Garrett leading it.

But he is without a doubt getting 2019. And if they make the playoffs next year too, he'll probably get 2020. This team will continue to see mediocrity as its ceiling.
. . .
TyHolden
AG
. . . said:

TO telling jerrah who to hire
DGAG92
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I'm harder on Garrett than anyone on these boards but tonight he really got let down by the defense and defensive coaches. This wasn't one of those games you can squarely blame on Garrett although the buck does stop with him.

That said, as I've been saying for 3 years now, this team will never get anywhere special with Garrett leading it.

But he is without a doubt getting 2019. And if they make the playoffs next year too, he'll probably get 2020. This team will continue to see mediocrity as its ceiling.

The biggest 4th and 1 call of the season says hello....
Class of 1992
JW
AG
He has reached his ceiling
Doctor51
AG
He was severely out coached tonight
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
JW said:

He has reached his ceiling

He reached it 2-3 yes ago. Maybe more. The Jones family will never recognize this though until he really flames out .
Baby Billy
AG
Doctor51 said:

McVay coached circles around him all night. That's a football coach that knows what he's doing. Made Garrett his little b itch and beat him at his own game with ease
Ag12thman
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Doctor51 said:

McVay coached circles around him all night. That's a football coach that knows what he's doing. Made Garrett his little b itch and beat him at his own game with ease
And how much younger is he than Garrett? I think quite a bit. Clapper will never win a thing as long as control freak, Jerruh, keeps him around. He got his ass hands to him by another Cowboys former HC on the other sideline.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Until Jerry is gone, nothing will change. Been saying it for years. The longest stretch in franchise history without a SB appearance continues.

We need a GM and a coach that's not a yes man.
oldcrow91
AG
Agnzona said:

Jones only fires coaches that win and start taking credit away from himself.

No truer words were ever spoken or typed on the internet.
gigem1223
I mean forget that he's won his division 3 out of the last 5 seasons, has the 2nd most wins in the nfl the last 3 seasons, just took a once 3-5 team to the divisional round, and was a 7 point dog on the road against a team that was obviously more talented/ experienced than his. They were whipped in the trenches tonight, bottom line. Dallas is very young, one of the youngest teams in the league, they'll be back next season. IMO Linehan is the one who needs to go and Garrett needs to go get someone more creative and younger who can also relate more to this young offense.
94DallasAG
AG
I'll take him back for one reason: Mohawk
Macarthur
gigem1223 said:

I mean forget that he's won his division 3 out of the last 5 seasons, has the 2nd most wins in the nfl the last 3 seasons, just took a once 3-5 team to the divisional round, and was a 7 point dog on the road against a team that was obviously more talented/ experienced than his. They were whipped in the trenches tonight, bottom line. Dallas is very young, one of the youngest teams in the league, they'll be back next season. IMO Linehan is the one who needs to go and Garrett needs to go get someone more creative and younger who can also relate more to this young offense.
I've been very critical of JG, too, but I do think there needs to be some balance here.

W Dak, he's like 32-17 w 2 division titles and a playoff win. One thing you can say about his teams is that they play their ass off for him. I think we don't always see some of these things that go on in other nfl cities, but JG generally has a good group of guys that play hard for him.

No doubt, he has his short comings but I think a new OC and QB coach could give this thing a very fresh look next year and moving forward.
corleoneAg99
AG
Garrett is not getting fired until the players quit on him. Period. For all his faults Garrett should get some credit for always getting the team to try. When that stops happening will be the first time Jerry considers the axe.
Daveintx
When your head coach and owner and gm all play the game of let's be friends instead of being employees it's hard to ever consider your job being in jeopardy
Macarthur
Daveintx said:

When your head coach and owner and gm all play the game of let's be friends instead of being employees it's hard to ever consider your job being in jeopardy
I think JJ cares for JG on a diff level than most owners do w their coaches but I think it's foolish to think if JG wasn't winning Jerry wouldn't get rid of him.
Macarthur
And let's not forget. Part of the conversation has to be who are you going to get that is better? Who is out there right now that you know is better and, more importantly, available?
corleoneAg99
AG
Depends on how you define "winning".
Macarthur
Who fires a coach that's gone 32-17 in the last three years w two div titles and a playoff win?
corleoneAg99
AG
A guy who doesn't think 1 playoff win is enough.

Jerry obviously doesn't care about that so....that's good?
Macarthur
I think a lot of folks like to say other owners would fire JG but I'm not so sure that's the case.
TyHolden
AG
What if the iggles blow out the saints today, brees retires, and SP is tired of flying to NO every week? Is this Christmas miracle possible???
corleoneAg99
AG
Macarthur said:

I think a lot of folks like to say other owners would fire JG but I'm not so sure that's the case.

Depends on the team.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.