Wow, the NFL really needs to get a handle on the refs

13,651 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GCP12
AG
This is gonna be a **** show... The saints got screwed and that sucks, but this is going to make it worse
DallasAggie0
PI is a pretty loosely defined call that is shielded being called in a split second on the field. Allowing a replay review seems like it will be hugely benifcial to offenses.
Vince Blake
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this is a bad rule change. The review is only initiated by coach's challenge or inside 2 minutes of each half.
Grapesoda2525
Bad Dude said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how this is a bad rule change. The review is only initiated by coach's challenge or inside 2 minutes of each half.
I don't see this as a bad rule change either.

In the NFL, Pass interference is a huge deal because the team who gets the call could also end up receiving 50+ yards of field position all at once. This isn't college where one team gets a maximum of 15 yards. There should be an emphasis on getting this call right because it can literally swing the outcome of a game as we all saw last year in the playoffs.
Bunk Moreland
GCP12 said:

This is gonna be a **** show... The saints got screwed and that sucks, but this is going to make it worse

And 2 in week 16 helped the Saints and cost the Steelers the playoffs. All that said, as a Steelers fan I'm still not for this. Going to be pretty annoying watching these jokers who already fumble over black & white calls start messing up on PI.
W
AG
the problem is not going to be on the long pass attempts. It's on all the short 3rd & 4th down attempts where the DB gets there a whisker early. That happens a lot in every game, but the refs usually let it go
redag06
Also the pushoffs that many receivers get away with on a regular basis.
redag06
I'd rather they have changed the penalty to a 15 yard like college, instead of a spot foul. The spot foul can change an entire game, by just throwing a ball, that isn't quite catchable but close enough to draw PI.
Grapesoda2525
W said:

the problem is not going to be on the long pass attempts. It's on all the short 3rd & 4th down attempts where the DB gets there a whisker early. That happens a lot in every game, but the refs usually let it go
Isn't it one failed challenge and the coach is pretty much limited the rest of the day?

Coach gets 2. If one is failed, he only gets 2. If both are right, he keeps going until he fails. Coaches aren't going to challenge every play.
BMX Bandit
Interesting points:

GCP12
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

GCP12 said:

And 2 in week 16 helped the Saints and cost the Steelers the playoffs. All that said, as a Steelers fan I'm still not for this. Going to be pretty annoying watching these jokers who already fumble over black & white calls start messing up on PI.
I already told my Saints buddies they will lose on an overturned PI in the NFC title game next year
GCP12
AG
Point 2 is enough reason to not do this. The complaints over this will be worse than they ever have been. Looking at slow motion replays for PI is going to be infuriating for fans.
. . .
investorAg83
AG
This is gonna end well...
BMX Bandit
investorAg83 said:

This is gonna end well...
LA supreme court has stopped discovery so it can rule on whether the case should be dismissed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.