NFL

1,337 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by W
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How would one make money on investing in some way of shortening of the NFL?

I think it is no longer the sport of choice of middle (white) America and it dying a slow death which is kinda fun to watch.
BMX Bandit
Yet TV deal keep getting bigger.

NFL regular season games get more viewers than NBA finals or World Series

Muy
AG
Then compare to a regular season Cowboys game. 22 years since a Super Bowl and still rolling in it.
PA24
AG
Back in the day, NFL ruled my sports world (TV).

I have since taken a knee to their product.
ORAggieFan
If you're not watching it, what are you basing your opinion on? Now that they've moved away from politics, numbers are up and the games have been great.

Any type of short would be a long game, but I'd think it would involve shorting the TV companies woth the long term contracts. That would be a move much bigger than just the NFL though.
Iowaggie
AG
The NFL is the best bet in television programming. MNF not only still is on top of cable ratings, but it helps the lead in show and SVP's Midnight sportscenter get in the top 5 for weekly ratings. You can predict that the NFL and WWE will show up in Cable Top 10 each week. It also leads broadcast TV when it is on.

Unlike the NCAA, they also realized that the formatting for playoffs actually encourages television viewership and weekly interest.

14 weeks into the season, and the majority of the NFL teams still have a chance to make the playoffs.
Before week 1, basically half the teams are already eliminated from the CFP, and by week 4, most teams are now just playing for a trip to a meaningless bowl game.

It's not growing, but every television broadcast is declining.
expresswrittenconsent
boy09
AG
Duggins90 said:

I think it is no longer the sport of choice of middle (white) America and it dying a slow death which is kinda fun to watch.
This is hilarious. What do you think the sport of choice is?
oh no
AG
Netflix?
expresswrittenconsent
Duggins90 said:

Obama needs to be held accountable.

Hope Q is for real
jeffdjohnson
expresswrittenconsent said:

Duggins90 said:

Obama needs to be held accountable.

Hope Q is for real

Roger Goodell
America loves the NFL.
ac04
Duggins90 said:

How would one make money on investing in some way of shortening of the NFL?

you baking a cake?
rsf0626
Everytime the cowboys play a primetime game, the ratings for the NFL skyrocket
W
AG
the NFL has had a great run of prime time games the last month (with just a few exceptions). It sure helped to get the Giants, Jets, and Lions off TV. Those teams were featured way too much in prime time at the start of the season.

the league needs to continue working, tinkering, and flexing the prime time schedule next season.

one option to consider...have the 1st place teams in the AFC play their 4 cross-conference games vs. the 1st place teams in the NFC. So there is a chance for matchups like Rams-Chiefs again next season.

if 4 seems like too many or unfair, then maybe just 2 to provide a stronger TV inventory of games
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.