God I hate FFL playoffs

1,990 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAROON
stick95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I was rolling with this team all year...

QB Mahomes
RB Elliot
RB McCaffrey
WR Tyreek Hill
WR Emmanuel Sanders
TE Jared Cook
FLEX Aaron Jones/James Conner

11 and 1 and set the league record for regular season points.

I lose Conner and Sanders the week before the playoffs, and my opponent starts Amari Cooper and Derrick Henry. The payout of the league would have been 500 bucks too.

Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
jimmo
wow
that's a punch in the gut for sure
(still, nice team you put together... so, there's that)
jimmo
ETA

and injuries are expected.. but facing those 2 in round 1?
omg. you had to have po'd the fantasy Gods somehow
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Yah that's fantasy for you. . The guy playing Henry probably had a garbage team (must have to be starting Henry) and the dice rolled his way. Henry will be back to 10 carries and 40yds next game and probably the rest of the season.

Then Injuries hit everyone right as the playoffs started. Melvin/Connor/OBJ + the Hunt fiasco. I went up agaisnt a Cooper/ Kittle combo that bounced me out in one of my leagues. Had Cam / AB totally fail to show up in another league.
Coppell97
AG
Next week the guy that beat you will put up the lowest score and lose. That's just how fantasy football works a lot of the time.
stick95
AG
Yeah, there are bad beats all the time, but that has to be one of the worst I have seen, much less experienced. I have never had a team like this. Even after Henry on Thursday, I was thinking "whatever" because I am used to easily dropping 150 points a week.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

I'm stick95, and I am a fantasy football-aholic.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
IrishAg
While I'm ecstatic I have a bye, one of the guys I know in our league went up against someone who had Henry, Cooper, and Barkley in the first round. He lost by over 100 points as the number 3 overall seed.
W
AG
it's been a very rough day. Lots of owners rode the Saints and Rams offenses to the playoffs...and both have flopped hard today.

reminds of a few years ago when Cam had a monster game with 5 TD's in week 15...knocked out all my teams but one
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
stick95 said:

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

I'm stick95, and I am a fantasy football-aholic.

I feel you...my wife is somewhat happy productivity will be up now that my seasons are over.. Our deal for the FF season is I give her half my winnings aslong as she doesn't give me any grief with me constantly updating my rosters/watching multiple random games at once every Sunday, as well as tolerating my rants all fall.
ApachePilot
AG
That sucks. Fantasy sucks like that.
EliteZags
AG
Cooper sent my seemingly hopeless #2pick Lev Bell and 3rd pick Jordan Howard team into the semi's with a puncher's shot at the 4 figure payout

rolling into semifinals with:
Wentz
Evans
JGordon
Cooper
Breida(hopefully)
Kerryon(possibly?)
(TE)Jaylen Samuels
flex- JAdams/Gus/JHoward
GregZ/Broncos

Drafted Breida and Kerryon who kept me afloat down the stretch to sneak into playoffs, then only notable moves were flipping Boyd for Cooper right after Cowboys trade, picking up Adams early and saving waiver priority all season for Gus, strategically stashing Zuerlein and Broncos, then stashing Samuels as soon as Bell saga ended as retribution for not drafting Conner
biggest blunder was drafting Chubb but not holding onto him long enough
but considering had to burn a bench spot 3/4 of season for Bell

just counting on a blowup game from one of the WRs and being able to rollout 4 of my 6 RB2's, gonna have to slay 2 juggernauts in a row

WhiskeyBusiness
AG
EliteZags said:

semi's with a puncher's shot at the 4 figure payout

Wow, I need into this league!
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I've battled injuries all season. Doug Baldwin, Dalvin cook, Gronk, but managed to fight and claw my way back to be tied for third going into this week and the playoffs could go 6 ways. Big Ben got hurt and didn't do much, AB laid an egg, James White didn't do anything, Adrian Peterson had a horrible game. Went from a projected 137 points to 97 and a 5% chance to win.

To top it off I had a "gimme game" against one of the worst teams in our league that has averaged 90 points every game. Lo and behold he picked up a weak Giants defense and the normally decent redskins D laid down and let Barkley (his only prayer) go off.

Now I'm stuck praying Dalvin Cook can scratch together some kind of miracle otherwise I'll be in the losers bracket.

Don't even get me started on my other league....I'm ready for this season to be done.
suburban cowboy
AG
Cooper is my WR2 behind Julio. Literally tried dealing him all year but man has be paid off.

Also picked up Chubb after like Week 3.
MooreTrucker
AG
I faced the guy that had Henry.....on his bench.
AgDoc03
AG
Luckily had a bye this week as had my lowest point total all season with Mahomes/Gurley/Thomas all having lackluster games.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saint Pablo
I can relate. I had assembled one of the best teams I've ever had:
QB Aaron Rodgers
RB1 Melvin Gordon
RB2 Ezekiel Elliott
WR1 OBJ
WR2 AJ Green
Flex James Conner
TE George Kittle
K Harrison Butker

I was matched up with the worst team in the playoffs and he flexed Amari Cooper and had Saquon Barkley. So obviously, thanks to injuries I trail by 31.5 going into the second week of round one.
MooreTrucker
AG
Brees/Rivers
Melvin - subbed in Jeff Wilson Jr
Conner - subbed in Jaylen Samuels
Sony
Mixon
JuJu
ESanders - replaced with Chris Godwin
Kelce
Lutz

So far so good. I lead at halftime by 16 points.
boy09
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I can relate. I had assembled one of the best teams I've ever had:
QB Aaron Rodgers
RB1 Melvin Gordon
RB2 Ezekiel Elliott
WR1 OBJ
WR2 AJ Green
Flex James Conner
TE George Kittle
K Harrison Butker
You have 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders. How does this happen? I seriously can't wrap my head around what goes on in the leagues some of you guys play in...
The Milkman
AG
Playoffs starting this week! Just squaked in thanks to a tank of week 14... I didn't manage to crack 50 points last weekend. Hopefully things go differently this week.

QB: Rivers
WR1: Thielen
WR2: Evans
WR3: Any Hack I can scrounge up... Currently Godwin. I've given up on Corey Davis
RB1: Gurley
RB2: Ware
TE: A constant 0. Hoping to get Ian Thomas off waivers... currently Chris Herndon
K: Boswell
Def: Jax this week bc they are playing Washington
OCEN99
AG
So we just discovered this morning that our commissioner forgot to turn off trades during the playoffs. The #1 seed in our league who went 12-1 talked a couple of teams out of the playoffs into these trades:

#1 gets A. Brown for Sterling Shepherd
#1 gets Zeke for LaGarrette Blount

Record speed on voting against them.
TefIon Don
AG
I got knocked out of the playoffs in one of my leagues, 102-100. The last score that put my opponent over the top? A 50yd fg on Sunday night that was worth 10 points.

THIS F-CKING LEAGUE I JUST JOINED HAS 50YD+ FGs worth 10 POINTS. Didn't know it until last night.
DallasAggie0
OCEN99 said:

So we just discovered this morning that our commissioner forgot to turn off trades during the playoffs. The #1 seed in our league who went 12-1 talked a couple of teams out of the playoffs into these trades:

#1 gets A. Brown for Sterling Shepherd
#1 gets Zeke for LaGarrette Blount

Record speed on voting against them.
They are either trolling or that is just blatant collusion.
OCEN99
AG
Knowing the personalities involved, it's likely one case of trolling and one case of a clueless owner.
Ranger222
AG
This is why I support giving a good chunk of the payout to the team that finishes the regular season #1. Make the payout structure half for regular season finish, half for postseason finish.
The Milkman
AG
That seems aggressive, but at least a nice chunk for the team with most points scored
MAROON
AG
lost my first round because Todd Gurley and the Rams picked the one week to not score. Also had Woods for the Rams.

Stinks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.