Packers fire McCarthy

3,313 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Artimus Gordon
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As soon as the game was done, so was the coach. Packers gonna miss the playoffs for 2nd year in a row... Pretty sure any fan base would be calling for his head.
Olsen
AG
And the Bengals still have Marvin Lewis as their head coach. This is a ******* joke.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Aaron is the problem

He is a crap qb now with an ego the size of Alaska
Bunk Moreland
I've said it for a while... Year after year Rodgers gets more control over offense, coaching, and probably some personnel calls too.

He has basically created a situation where it's a backyard offense but he let's blame get placed all over the place but his own feet as the offense and team slowly decline.

It was probably time for a fresh message at the top anyway but I'm interested to see if Rodgers could ever take to actual coaching again or if it'll be more catering to only what he wants to do.
W
AG
I agree. Rodgers is becoming an emperor-with-no-clothes. No one wants to say how bad he is playing compared to past years
CrottyKid
AG
Shouldn't more blame be on the GM? The talent has really gone downhill in GB.
Grapesoda2525
I like seeing that team swirling the toilet bowl after the playoff games with us recently.

I've never seen the Dez no catch / catch and the illegal procedure 15 yard penalty called before or since.

Weird and annoying ass games.
ORAggieFan
People actually think Rodgers is the problem?
rsf0626
Rodgers has only thrown 1 int all year...mccarthy was 100 percent the problem. If you watched any packers games, you could see that. The fact that he refuses to use aaron jones is criminal. Dude is a monster
Gigem Trevas
rsf0626 said:

Rodgers has only thrown 1 int all year...mccarthy was 100 percent the problem. If you watched any packers games, you could see that. The fact that he refuses to use aaron jones is criminal. Dude is a monster

Cause Rodgers throws everything away or in the dirt. Watch Green Bay this year he's not elite.
Old School Brother
Rodgers has definitely been tanking with the goal of getting mccarthy fired.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
rsf0626 said:

I think all you have to do to see how bad McArthy was is take a look at RB usage. Aaron Jones was the better RB in that offense since the day he got back from suspension, and still this last week got only 50% of the carries. This also contradicts the "Aaron is in control" crowd, as Rodgers has said Jones needs more work every single week yet he doesn't always get it.
boy09
AG
Aaron Jones has led the league in YPC for a good chunk of this season. He had 4 touches from the 2nd quarter on yesterday. It's ridiculous.
Kashchei
AG
ORAggieFan said:

People actually think Rodgers is the problem?

I don't care if he's the problem or not. He can choke on a bag of dicks.
PascalsWager
AG
I'm guessing there's a lot of political motivation for attacks on Aaron Rodgers on this board. I don't care about Rodgers politics or production, McCarthy is and always has been garbage. In game decisions are particularly egregious and probably cost the Packers a Superbowl trip a few years ago.

What's the difference between McCarthy and Mike Sherman? Its just some guy the organization is familiar with. No creativity, no outside the box thoughts, nothing on the cutting edge. Just old school playing not to lose nonsense.
boy09
AG
Lol, no one gives a **** about Rodgers' politics. He's been below average this season. If you can't see that, you haven't watched too many Packers games.

Don't think this is me defending McCarthy either. He's been awful and deserved to get the axe.
Kashchei
AG
No politics for me either. I hate him because I'm a Cowboys fan, he's beaten us in two PO games, the media constantly slobs on his knob, and he's an all around ******.
Bunk Moreland
No politics for me as well. As a Steelers fan I don't even hate him for the Super Bowl win...I hate Mendenhall for that.

Just the view from afar seems to be every year he's more and more of a curmudgeon yet he has free reign to basically play backyard football in his offense, take it over and go no huddle if he wants, etc. Yes they've had years of injuries but it appears to me that he has gotten too big for his britches and there's a level of arrogance that makes it difficult to work with him, and probably keeps him from taking to a lot of coaching.

As much as I despise Brady, the guy has been through multiple OC's and you can see with his demeanor on the sidelines at times when he's working with the OC or yelling back and forth at them that he takes to coaching and that someone else has the final say offensively. Don't get the same vibe with Rodgers the last few years.
. . .
Packers to hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur
Jason Ag
AG
Didn't Rothlesvonschlumberger throw a pick six in that game?
Bunk Moreland
Yeah but that was 1st quarter stuff. Mendy opened up the 4th quarter driving in GB territory down 4 with that fumble and GB immediately scored after. Rough stuff.
. . .
Artimus Gordon
I think it's great that both big mouths in Aaron Rogers and Leybum James are out of the playoffs this year. It's been a great post season so far!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.