Kareem Hunt has been released by the Kansas City Chiefs

1,943 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Roger Goodell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I fully support the actions taken by this franchise.

Not in my league.
Matsui
AG
What an idiot. Right decision.
PatAg
AG
Now do we believe the Chiefs that Hunt was "not truthful" and the leaked video shows the truth.

Or is it more likely they knew, and were just going to sweep it under the rug. Now the video is leaked, so c.y.a. tim
Max Power
AG
Tyreek Hill still on the payroll?
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

Now do we believe the Chiefs that Hunt was "not truthful" and the leaked video shows the truth.

Or is it more likely they knew, and were just going to sweep it under the rug. Now the video is leaked, so c.y.a. tim
which seems surprisingly similar to the Ray Rice video.
W
AG
whoa, this is a surprise. Was just expecting a suspension.

and yes...it's fair to ask about Tyreek too
Bunk Moreland
It's not fair to ask about Tyreek. I'm not excusing his actions, which by all accounts were way worse and worse than Ray Rice or Joe Mixon.

But the chiefs had all that information and still drafted him. And to everyone's knowledge hasn't lied about anything. That's what KC is using to justify the release.

There is no logical reason to do anything with Tyreek because KC was aware of it all before they took him
mavsfan4ever
AG
Lol that makes absolutely no sense. So it's okay to draft someone when you know they do awful things to women? And then it's okay to keep them because you knew of their awful actions when drafted?

But you have to cut someone right away if you find out they did something bad after you drafted them? Even if that thing is much less worse than the guy you drafted? What kind of logic are you using?

Tyreek's actions were way worse than kareem's. There is no way you can justify keeping tyreek but cutting Kareem.

I think Kareem should've been suspended but it shouldn't ruin his career. Not justifying what he did at all, but ray rice and many more players were much worse.

Maybe your post was a troll attempt. If so, great job.
Bunk Moreland
You're misunderstanding me. I'm not defending what they did drafting Hill. I was shocked when he got drafted because I remembered when it happened in college.

What I'm saying is nothing that Hunt did changes their thought process on Hill. They knew what he was and did and they took him. They have to own that decision. To release him now after he's done nothing since they drafted him would be spineless and probably ruin their reputation among players around the league.

From what has been reported, they cut Hunt because he lied to them.
lil99chris
AG
Inside The NFL might want to update their commercial...

https://www.facebook.com/19315279494/posts/10156219628599495/
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'm saying that if they were fine drafting hill, then they should definitely be fine keeping Hunt.

I get what you're saying. But that would like me saying that my company hired a murderer, and we knew he was a murderer when I hired him. Then we hired another employee and later found out that employee committed assault. So we fired that employee because we didn't know he'd commit assault when we hired him. But we kept the murderer bc we already knew he was a murderer.

That makes zero sense.
Bunk Moreland
Gotcha. And I agree completely with you.

I meant to convey that KC is pinning it on the lying as their out clause. My opinion is they bowed to public pressure and used it as an excuse. At this point I think the excuse will work with our selectively reactive media and social lynch mobs.
BBQ4Me
AG
Speaking of Hill, he just got engaged to his baby mamma that he assaulted.
BMX Bandit
Bunk Moreland said:

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not defending what they did drafting Hill. I was shocked when he got drafted because I remembered when it happened in college.

What I'm saying is nothing that Hunt did changes their thought process on Hill. They knew what he was and did and they took him. They have to own that decision. To release him now after he's done nothing since they drafted him would be spineless and probably ruin their reputation among players around the league.

From what has been reported, they cut Hunt because he lied to them.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea I agree.
Ornithopter
AG
Is there any reason to leave Hunt on my roster?
isitjustme
AG
I was curious and checked to see if Kareem Hunt is a kneeler - he is or at least was last year per a KC newspaper article.

Police brutality is bad, so Hunt and others use it as an excuse to kneel. What about NFL Player Brutality? More of that seems to be happening and Hunt is just one of many who have faced repercussions from this type of conduct. Hey NFLers, quit hitting women!!!
expresswrittenconsent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.