Kareem Hunt Video

3,501 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old School Brother
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoahAg said:

The D said:

It's on tmz. He kicks the girl at the end. Dude should be out of the league
Considering the precedent the NFL set w/ Ray Rice it's not a stretch to think he could be done in the NFL.

But then there's Joe Mixon. But I guess it's different when your woman-beating occurred prior to getting drafted.

that's exactly why it's different actually.
PatAg
AG
PooDoo said:

Junkhead said:

Agmaniacmike12 said:

Junkhead said:

PooDoo said:

That kick was less than RSG's pacemaker shove. She was playing it up.
You cannot be serious.
I don't think she was playing it up, but that was more a "Stay down *****" tap than a knockout blow. He pushed someone from his posse into the woman. The NFL will punish because the video got out and there is a violent act . I can understand why charges were not pursued given that video though.
And when he kicked her on the ground?

She goes down pretty hard from the shove but the first thing she does is adjusting her skirt. Never seen anyone really hurt try to hide their cooter first thing after hitting the ground. The "kick" was just another shove with his foot to get her off balance.

She hit him first. If a guy hit him first nobody would've batted an eye at his reaction. What about equality for women?

He's definitely out of control, but the description of this video is also overdone. This is in no way the same level as Ray Rice at first glance. edit: The overdone part is saying he kicked her on the ground. Kicking someone on the ground is usually meaning rearing back and kicking through someone. He basically just knocked her from a squat to sitting down similar to a small shove.
I also, feel at some point this girl could have also easily left. She kept getting in his face as multiple people are trying to prevent him, and there should be some ownership there.

That being said, he still got to her through all of them, who knows what happens if it was just the two of them there with no restraints. Probably would be in jail right now. Just because it wasn't as bad this time as it could be, you gotta nip it in the bud.
ac04
he ****ed up and lost control with a female. end of story.
Mr.Bond
AG
Just released him
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PatAg
AG
also predicting it to "leak" that she called him a racial slur
ApachePilot
AG
Released!
ac04
Quincey P. Morris
AG
PatAg said:

also predicting it to "leak" that she called him a racial slur

Think I saw that said somewhere this afternoon actually.
CFTXAG10
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

My gawd 2 games max

That was stupid as hell
rsf0626
Although i think there'a a chance someone will pick him up and take the PR hit, he might have just ruined his entire career. Dumb
PatAg
AG

The lamp attack is a strong move
Amazing Moves
Yet Warren Moon is in the Hall of Fame. I understand the kid made a big mistake but, you shouldn't lose your career over it. Today's reactions are out of control.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I agree to an extent, but these guys know what the deal is. It's amazing to me that some can't control themselves.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yeah, as long as you stand for the national anthem you should be able to beat up women and keep playing football.
Bunk Moreland
The video lacks content and while I'll never understand how these guys can lose their minds and continue to go after people after being restrained, im sure there's a **** ton of NFL players who have done way worse than what we saw in that.

Shocked the chiefs released him so fast but if he lied I get it.
W
AG
and how about the power of TMZ, wow
ac04
just occurred to me that KC has a QB on a rookie contract and could afford to pay a high priced free agent RB this offseason
Enviroag02
AG
I just heard that their cap situation is not great. In fact they are $11 million over the cap. Can you imagine Leveon on that team?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
OlRock said:

I picked up Ware 2 days ago in case of a Hunt IR for playoffs. Video is bad enough.
Me too
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
justsomeguy
AG
If they saw the video? Surely you're kidding right. Once one person sees it everyone sees it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You trust them a lot more than I do. Wouldn't shock me at all if they saw it and sat on it.
BMX Bandit
Enviroag02 said:

I just heard that their cap situation is not great. In fact they are $11 million over the cap. Can you imagine Leveon on that team?
KC has $44mm in cap space free next year.
CFTXAG10
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

The video lacks content and while I'll never understand how these guys can lose their minds and continue to go after people after being restrained, im sure there's a **** ton of NFL players who have done way worse than what we saw in that.

Shocked the chiefs released him so fast but if he lied I get it.
Its never okay to hit a woman but I agree with this analysis. I highly doubt the Chiefs had seen the video and that could be because they didn't want to see it or legitimately could not due to hotel policy with law enforcement.

However, after watching several times this in no way compares to the Ray Rice video where he straight knocks his wife out cold and drags her around. Hunt was being restrained, she looks like she got a few hits in and was yelling something at him. He bull rushes and it knocks his friend in to her. She was either drunk or disoriented from the fall or both. She looks very woozy then he comes back and gives a little shove with his foot to knock her off balance but it was far from a "Sweet Chin Music" if you will.

Best guess: Chiefs made aware of incident. Request video. Request denied due to hotel policy. Chiefs interview Hunt to ask his side of the story. He lies. This video comes out and is pretty damning. They realize he lied and don't want the baggage that comes along with waiting out his suspension and possible ban from the NFL.

If I were a betting man, Hunt will play in the NFL again after serving some kind of suspension.
. . .
Mortensen:
"That night, following the assault, the police took the victim's account at the hotel where it occurred. 19-year old Abigail Ottinger. ... She said Hunt shoved her because she would not leave her hotel due to being unable to afford a ride to her car or home. She did not mention being kicked by the way but told police hotel personnel would not let her make a 911 call. Also said her phone was taken from her during the assault. She asked to see the hotel surveillance video but was denied that opportunity that early morning. After taking a report as well as Hunt's, police determined it was a misdemeanor which they insist led them to not requesting to see the video because it had not risen to a possibly felony based on the reports they compiled. Ottinger did want to press charges."

"The NFL & Chiefs knew there was a video but claim they were unable to obtain. Other than questions about Hunt & his role, Chiefs were informed the league would handle the investigation. The Chiefs position basically was, even though they later talked to Kareem Hunt about it, this is a league matter & let the league handle it."

Schefter:

(What did the league do when it comes to investigating this?)

"The league had the police report back in February. The player, Kareem Hunt, spoke to the Chiefs about the incident. The league spoke to the Chiefs about the incident. After reviewing the police report and talking to the player, everybody decided to do nothing. In this particular case, the league in it's investigation of Kareem Hunt, never spoke to Kareem Hunt. It also made numerous attempts to reach out to the woman involved and could not get in touch with her. So in this investigation, the league never spoke to Kareem Hunt or the woman involved. It did speak to other witnesses at the scene and were basically told Kareem Hunt was not a part of this. The league then tried to subpoena the hotel, subpoena the police to try to get the tape. It was denied in its efforts. The league in it's investigation of Kareem Hunt never interviewed Kareem Hunt & never interviewed the woman."

(They never requested to interview him or it just never happened?)

I don't believe they spoke to him period. I don't think they requested to speak to Kareem Hunt because from the information they gathered, they, the league was, were told he was not a part of this.

(TMZ can get the video and a league, much more powerful than TMZ, is not able to?)

It's a question that continues to be asked and the best we can tell is that TMZ is willing to pay for this information. You'd think it'd be valuable enough for the league to do that but it hasn't.

Old School Brother
He had some extreme coaching before that interview about what it would take if he wants any chance of getting back in the league. no matter what they ask you, no excuses, it's your fault.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.